|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis say to Rudy when Rudy says that he ain’t dead yet?
(a) You will be. You will be.
(b) It’s just a matter of time.
(c) That’s what you think.
(d) You ain’t alive, either.
2. What does the narrator say is the real basis of the kinship the young Phelan brothers feel with Francis?
3. What day of the year does Ironweed start on?
(b) All Souls’ Day.
(c) Day of the Dead.
(d) All Saints’ Day.
4. In the epigraph, what does Dante leave behind by hoisting sail with his wit?
(a) His darling children.
(b) His fair wife.
(c) His beautiful homeland.
(d) A sea so cruel.
5. What does Rudy say his religion is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Francis Phelan’s father’s reaction to Francis’ arrival?
2. What does Daddy Big say Francis’ son Billy did for him?
3. Where did Francis go after the first time he killed a man?
4. What does Francis say he would like to do to his mother?
5. How does Francis characterize Helen in bed?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)