|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francis afraid will happen to Sandra?
(a) She will die.
(b) She will get sick.
(c) She’ll be arrested.
(d) The dogs will eat her.
2. Where is Dante’s epigraph from?
(a) The Vita Nuova.
(b) The Paradiso.
(c) The Purgatorio.
(d) The Inferno.
3. What metaphor does Francis use to describe himself as a ball player?
4. How does the narrator characterize Rosskam?
(a) Tall and young.
(b) Filthy and broad-chested.
(c) Severe and impatient.
(d) Pudgy and short.
5. What does the narrator say the clouds resemble, when Francis is standing in the junkyard doorway?
(a) Mists from an alcoholic’s breath.
(c) Vicious dogs.
(d) Flying dirty socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the epigraph, what does Dante leave behind by hoisting sail with his wit?
2. How did Francis become close to Katrina Daugherty?
3. Where is Clara when Francis and Helen arrive at Jack’s flat?
4. What is Francis Phelan’s father’s reaction to Francis’ arrival?
5. How does Katrina characterize her life?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)