|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis imagine when Rosskam stops his wagon in Chapter 4?
(a) His parents moving into the house and raising him.
(b) His son slipping out of his hands.
(c) The face of Harold Allen as he was hit with the rock Francis threw.
(d) His wife living her days without him, not telling anyone what happened to Gerald.
2. What explanation does Annie give Francis, for why she never said anything about him dropping Gerald?
(a) She already knew how sorry he was.
(b) She didn’t want him to stay away from the house.
(c) She thought he would come back and atone for it himself.
(d) There was no use talking about it.
3. What does Francis ask a woman in the street in Chapter 6?
(a) Where his house used to be.
(b) Where he can get a jug.
(c) Where he can get a turkey.
(d) Where he is.
4. What momentous event took place at Kibbee’s lumberyard?
(a) Francis slept with Helen for the first time.
(b) Francis met Helen.
(c) Francis and Helen worked together.
(d) Francis and Annie kissed for the first time.
5. What does Katrina tell Francis her poet sees?
(a) Things she has not shown to anyone else, even her husband.
(b) Things she thought existed when in fact they did not.
(c) Things men should not see in women.
(d) Things she learned to see about herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dread does Francis say he associates with sex?
2. What does Francis tell Harold Allen he wanted to do, at the strike?
3. What are the dead folks building in Annie’s back yard, when Francis visits?
4. What year is it in the present moment of the novel?
5. Why was Billy in trouble with the politicians?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)