|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Master Lu say when Salzman said he spoke Chinese?
(a) That's incredible.
(b) Well done.
(c) No way.
(d) Good job.
2. Who did Salzman buy sheet music for when he visited the United States?
(a) Professional singer.
(b) Piano music for Teacher Wei.
(c) Teacher who plays the violin.
(d) Chamber group he is playing with.
3. Whose room did the runaway sleep in at the Hunan Medical College?
4. Who accidentally pierced a dog's heart with a lab needle?
(a) Hai Bin.
(b) Little Guo.
(c) Teacher Wei.
5. What job did Pan get apprenticed to when he was young?
(a) Science lab.
(d) Metal work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the runaway prefer to drink in the morning?
2. What secret did Teacher Hei want Salzman to keep?
3. What did Salzman say that Bill was in "A Coffee Shop"?
4. What illness did Professor Jin suffer from?
5. What did Salzman slip on when he twisted his knee during practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Little Mi's relative tell Salzman about her?
2. Describe Pan's illness and explain why he refused to stay in the hospital.
3. Why did Salzman assign co-ed skits to his 1983 English Medical Students class?
4. Describe Teacher Hei.
5. Did April succeed in her oral examination?
6. Why did Teacher Hei want Salzman to keep their lessons a secret?
7. Why did April have difficulty adjusting to Salzman's class?
8. How did Little Mi have a moment of freedom at the end of her bicycle ride back to the hospital?
9. What did Salzman notice about Teacher Hei's hands and eyes when they had lessons?
10. What did the student from Sudan complain about regarding his experience living in China?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)