|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Salzman pay to gain entrance to the coffee shop?
(a) Six dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) One dollar.
2. What day did Salzman take lessons from Professor Jin?
3. What did Master Liang say about Salzman's eyes?
(a) They both have the same color eyes.
(b) They always look angry.
(c) They look so dark.
(d) They are so bright they make him forget what he is going to say.
4. What did Little Mi tell Salzman about how his lectures made his students feel?
(a) He was sad too often and they feel sad, too.
(b) He was difficult to understand so they feel confused.
(c) He was always happy so they feel happy.
(d) He was stern so they feel afraid.
5. What was the temperature on the train that Salzman took with two men just released from jail?
(c) Slightly cool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the service person reading when Salzman wanted to enter the coffee shop?
2. What did Master Lu say when Salzman said he spoke Chinese?
3. What nickname did Salzman's students give him when he killed an animal?
4. How did Salzman transport Little Mia back to the hospital she was staying at?
5. How old was the runaway who showed up at the Hunan Medical College at 4:30 a.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pan offer to Salzman toward the end of his stay in China?
2. Describe Little Mi and Salzman's reaction to her.
3. How did Salzman stab himself in the thigh with his sword?
4. Did April succeed in her oral examination?
5. Why did Salzman bring a dead rat to the Rat Collection Office?
6. Why did Salzman kill a rat?
7. What did Little Mi's relative tell Salzman about her?
8. Why did Teacher Hei want Salzman to keep their lessons a secret?
9. Describe some of the things the runaway did while he is living with Bill and Salzman.
10. Why did Salzman draw crowds when he and Teacher Hei went to the bicycle repair stand?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)