|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Old Sheep wear over her hair when she was working?
(b) Baseball cap.
(c) White surgical cap.
(d) Black knitted cap.
2. How many nights a week did Salzman take lessons from Pan at the training hall in "Lessons"?
3. From what part of Africa were the entertainers who performed the night Salzman arrived in Changsha?
(a) South Africa.
4. Who did Dr. Nie introduce as Mr. Sima Ming?
(b) Important wushu fighter.
(c) Director of a movie.
5. What kind of college did Salzman work at in China?
(a) Two-year junior college.
(b) Medical college.
(d) Liberal arts college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who showed Salzman and his friends places of revolutionary interest in Changsha?
2. How many sons did Pan have?
3. What occupation did Teacher Zhu have during World War II?
4. What gift did Salzman give Mr. Gong's youngest son?
5. What did Old Sheep usually like to talk about with Salzman after she greeted him in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Salzman give a gift to Mr. Gong's youngest son?
2. How did Salzman try to put Mr. Gong's youngest son at ease during their drawing lessons?
3. How did Old Ding react the first time he saw Salzman?
4. What did Dr. Li teach Salzman?
5. Describe the Hunan Theater.
6. How did Salzman's class respond to his reading of "The Lottery"?
7. When did Salzman first become interested in the Chinese culture?
8. Why did Pan and Salzman spend the first few weeks of lessons staring at each other?
9. How does Salzman describe the last performer to come on stage at the Hunan Theater?
10. How did Old Ding express his desire to be friends with Salzman?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)