|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did Comrade M have before her death?
(c) Clerical worker.
2. How did Dr. Nie describe Salzman when he was telling Pan about his martial arts experience?
(a) Too slow.
(b) As an expert.
(d) Slightly advanced.
3. What was Hai Bin's nickname for Salzman?
(a) Musical Mark.
(b) Strange Foreigner.
(c) Laughing Buddha.
(d) Bad Boy.
4. What movie did Pan play an evil character in?
(a) Shaolin Temple.
(b) Silent Dreams.
(c) Kung Fu.
(d) Dragons of the Earth.
5. From what part of Africa were the entertainers who performed the night Salzman arrived in Changsha?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Chinese word for martial arts?
2. What did Salzman learn when he saw Mr. Gong and his son at the market?
3. What did the peasant pay Mr. Gong in exchange for helping his feverish son?
4. At what age did Salzman first become interested in Chinese culture?
5. Who ate the duck dinner that Teacher Zhu described in Salzman's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Salzman first become interested in the Chinese culture?
2. What did Dr. Li teach Salzman?
3. How does Salzman describe the last performer to come on stage at the Hunan Theater?
4. What did the Chinese students criticize about Natassia Kinski's lips?
5. What happened when the policeman at the train station advised Salzman to put on a martial arts demonstration?
6. What lessons did Salzman learn from Hai Bin during their calligraphy sessions together?
7. What was Master Zheng's specialty as a Wudang teacher?
8. Why did Salzman offer to get a book on Michelangelo from America for Lin?
9. How did it come about that Salzman went to China to teach English for two years?
10. Why did Salzman give a gift to Mr. Gong's youngest son?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)