|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Salzman transport Little Mia back to the hospital she was staying at?
(c) Motor bike.
2. What nickname did Salzman's students give him when he killed an animal?
(a) Dictionary devil.
(b) Mousy Mark.
(c) Foxy fighter.
(d) Rat-killing Hero.
3. What did Salzman bring to the coffee shop the second time he went there?
(a) Cream and sugar.
(d) Travel mug.
4. Where did Pan plan to bring his athletes in "Don't You Know It's Snowing?"
(a) Beijing for a holiday.
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Hunan Province Competition.
(d) National Competition.
5. What did Little Mi say was beautiful in a book Salzman shows her?
(a) Photographs of New York City.
(b) Autumn scenes in New England.
(c) Sculptures of Degas.
(d) Paintings by Georgia O'Keefe.
6. What did the runaway show Salzman on the way home from the lecture that cut his walking time in half?
(a) Shortcut through the houses.
(b) Shortcut through the field.
(c) Shortcut through a hole in the wall.
(d) Path through the woods.
7. What name did the runaway call Bill?
8. How many daughters did Master Liang have?
9. How far away did Teacher Hei live from Salzman?
(a) Fifty minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
10. What happened to Professor Jin at the end of the chapter named after him?
(a) He died.
(b) He was swamped with work and could not teach Salzman.
(c) He moved to another city.
(d) He went into a coma.
11. What did the student from Sudan complain about to Bill and Salzman?
(a) He did not understand his teachers.
(b) He had trouble eating Chinese food.
(c) The beds were too short.
(d) Africans were looked down upon by the Chinese.
12. Whose room did the runaway sleep in at the Hunan Medical College?
13. What did Salzman say he drank morning, noon, and night when he went back to the United States for a visit?
(a) Milk shakes.
14. What occupation did Little Mi have?
(c) Professional pianist.
15. What was Little Mi accused of when she was in college?
(b) Trying to imitate Westerners.
(c) Leading a government protest.
(d) Studying too hard and showing off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Master Liang say about Salzman's eyes?
2. What would Master Liang do if his opponents cheated during push-hands matches?
3. What did Little Mi want Salzman to do when she said "I have an idea" at the top of the bridge?
4. What color cap did Master Liang wear the first time Salzman met him?
5. What did the the two ex-prisoners do that landed them in jail?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)