|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hei's wife knit for Salzman?
(a) Green socks.
(b) White scarf.
(c) Black wool sweater.
(d) Red cap.
2. What did the runaway show Salzman on the way home from the lecture that cut his walking time in half?
(a) Shortcut through a hole in the wall.
(b) Shortcut through the field.
(c) Path through the woods.
(d) Shortcut through the houses.
3. What did Salzman tell Little Mia that he worried about?
(a) Getting enough sleep.
(b) Wasting time.
(c) Learning as much as he can about China.
(d) Being prepared for class.
4. Who was the first student that Salzman called on when the 1983 English Medical Class performed?
5. What did the Provincial Foreign Affairs Bureau arrange as a celebration for all the foreigners living and working in Hanan on October 1?
(a) Martial arts exhibit.
(b) Slide show of Hanan gardens.
(d) Bus rides to a tourist attraction.
6. What did Little Mi tell Salzman about how his lectures made his students feel?
(a) He was difficult to understand so they feel confused.
(b) He was sad too often and they feel sad, too.
(c) He was always happy so they feel happy.
(d) He was stern so they feel afraid.
7. Who looked thin and was described as having abdominal and chest pain in "Don't You Know It's Snowing Out?"
(a) Little Guo.
(d) Master Jiang.
8. What was the title of the book that the Chinese gentleman borrowed from Salzman and asks to keep?
(a) The Age of Innocence.
(b) Iron and Silk.
(c) Out of Africa.
(d) The World According to Garp.
9. What did Salzman kill with a dictionary?
10. What did Salzman say that Bill was in "A Coffee Shop"?
11. What was Master Liang's nickname for Salzman?
(a) Little Tiger.
(b) Big Bear.
(c) Laughing Mark.
(d) Foreign Devil.
12. What did Little Mi want Salzman to do when she said "I have an idea" at the top of the bridge?
(a) Coast fast down the hill.
(b) Have Salzman walk her to the door.
(c) Go for a walk around the garden at midnight.
(d) Go out to eat.
13. Who did Pan keep his practice of martial arts a secret from when he was young?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His mother.
14. What did Teacher Wu give to Salzman during his class with the 1983 English Medical students?
(a) Information about Chinese requirements for teaching.
(d) Permission slip.
15. What did the runaway think Hong King was like?
(a) A big department store.
(b) A small town.
(c) The name of a ship.
(d) A sports arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pan keep the long swords he and Salzman used to perform the long swords routine?
2. What did Salzman drive over so Little Mi would hold onto him when he was driving her back to the hospital?
3. Whose room did the runaway sleep in at the Hunan Medical College?
4. What did Salzman say he drank morning, noon, and night when he went back to the United States for a visit?
5. What did Salzman bring to the coffee shop the second time he went there?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)