|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Salzman kill with a dictionary?
2. Why did Salzman choose not to travel during his winter break of his second year in China?
(a) Pan wanted script-writing lessons.
(b) To practice wushu.
(c) He didn't have enough money.
(d) The authorities restricted his travel.
3. What did Master Liang ask Salzman to do with the photograph of him?
(a) Send it back to him in China.
(b) Send it to a magazine.
(c) Edit it to give him hair.
(d) Sign it.
4. What did Salzman bring to the coffee shop the second time he went there?
(a) Travel mug.
(d) Cream and sugar.
5. Who looked thin and was described as having abdominal and chest pain in "Don't You Know It's Snowing Out?"
(a) Little Guo.
(c) Master Jiang.
6. What job did Pan get apprenticed to when he was young?
(a) Metal work.
(c) Science lab.
7. In his second year teaching at the college, who did Salzman spend most of his hours teaching?
(a) Retired doctors.
(b) 1983 English Medical class.
(c) Middle-Aged Teachers.
(d) Senior lab students.
8. What did Salzman drive over so Little Mi would hold onto him when he was driving her back to the hospital?
(a) Big bumps.
(d) Large waves.
9. Where did Pan plan to bring his athletes in "Don't You Know It's Snowing?"
(a) National Competition.
(b) Beijing for a holiday.
(c) Hunan Province Competition.
(d) Hong Kong.
10. What color cap did Master Liang wear the first time Salzman met him?
11. What name did the runaway call Bill?
12. How far away did Teacher Hei live from Salzman?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Fifty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Thirty minutes.
13. What did Little Mi ask Salzman if she could borrow?
(c) Calligraphy brushes.
14. What do the Chinese celebrate on October 1?
(a) Friendship Day.
(c) National Day.
(d) Autumn Harvest.
15. What did Salzman's student Juliet pretend to advertise in a commercial in his class?
(c) Chocolate cake.
(d) Happiness Candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Salzman's favorite method of teaching English to his Chinese students?
2. Where did Pan keep the long swords he and Salzman used to perform the long swords routine?
3. What did the 1983 English Medical Class perform for Salzman in "Professor Jin"?
4. What reason did Salzman give for not accepting a drink of liquor from the man on the train who was just released from jail?
5. How many daughters did Master Liang have?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)