|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Salzman give Mr. Gong's youngest son?
(a) Watercolors, brushes, and charcoal.
(b) New glasses.
(c) Book of essays.
(d) Fishing pole.
2. What was the temperature when Salzman arrived in Changsha in Chapter "Arriving"?
(a) 97 degrees.
(b) 54 degrees.
(c) 81 degrees.
(d) 75 degrees.
3. Who did Dr. Nie introduce as Mr. Sima Ming?
(a) Director of a movie.
(b) Important wushu fighter.
4. What does Old Yang's name mean?
5. At what age did Salzman first become interested in Chinese culture?
6. What did Salzman find shocking about the way Changsha looked when he was riding in a van through the streets?
(a) The starving people.
(b) How filthy it all looked.
(c) The brightly painted houses.
(d) The beggars.
7. What did Teacher Wei want Salzman to drink before she gave him his first lesson?
(b) Chinese rice liquor.
8. What did a Chinese-style breakfast consist of that Salzman ate when he traveled by train to South Central China?
(a) Bowl of noodles with a fried egg.
(b) Ham sandwich.
(c) Beef and noodles.
(d) Fruit and cheese.
9. How many sons did Pan have?
10. What nickname did Salzman give Hai Bin?
(a) Slave Driver.
(b) Compassionate One.
(c) Lucky Leader.
(d) Sneaky Dog.
11. What did Hai Bin tell Salzman that he thinks about all the time?
(a) Having more time to learn.
(b) Food and sleep.
(c) Becoming famous.
(d) Traveling to America.
12. Who could not accept a book from Salzman that was sent from America?
13. Who ate the duck dinner that Teacher Zhu described in Salzman's class?
(a) Teacher Zhang.
(b) Teacher Zhu.
(c) Fatty Du.
(d) Teacher Zhu's wife.
14. What was Pan's nickname?
(a) Mr. Great.
(b) Silent Fighter.
(c) Iron Fist.
(d) Gentle One.
15. What did Salzman learn when he saw Mr. Gong and his son at the market?
(a) The son had gotten into college.
(b) The son had taken up sports.
(c) The son refused to help out at home.
(d) The son loved to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Salzman and Bill visit Hai Bin?
2. What occupation did Teacher Zhu have during World War II?
3. How many nights a week did Salzman take lessons from Pan at the training hall in "Lessons"?
4. How old was Mr. Gong's youngest son when Salzman visited him?
5. Who was Hai Bin?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)