|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Salzman buy sheet music for when he visited the United States?
(a) Chamber group he is playing with.
(b) Professional singer.
(c) Teacher who plays the violin.
(d) Piano music for Teacher Wei.
2. Who showed Salzman and his friends places of revolutionary interest in Changsha?
(a) Comrade Lin.
(b) Old Yang.
(c) Mr. Lee.
(d) Comrade Hu.
3. What reason did Salzman give for not accepting a drink of liquor from the man on the train who was just released from jail?
(a) He couldn't stand the taste.
(b) He was allergic to wine.
(c) He couldn't drink on an empty stomach.
(d) He was afraid of germs.
4. What color cap did Master Liang wear the first time Salzman met him?
5. Who traveled with Salzman to South Central China?
(a) Bob, Julian, and Jean.
(b) Julian, Jane, and Doug.
(c) Steve, Dan, and Sylvia.
(d) Dan, Donna, and Steve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Salzman say he and Pan did most of the time in their first weeks of lessons together?
2. What did Salzman compare the solo wushu routines to when he was watching the athletes from Hunan Provincial Troupe?
3. At what age did Salzman first become interested in Chinese culture?
4. What did Salzman say he drank morning, noon, and night when he went back to the United States for a visit?
5. Why did Dr. Nie awaken Salzman one January morning?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)