|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Leaders announce their decision about Comrade M's suicide?
(a) Announcement on the radio.
(b) By letter.
(c) With a poster.
(d) Speech in the middle of the college.
2. What did Salzman say he and Pan did most of the time in their first weeks of lessons together?
(b) Get to know each other.
(d) Stare at each other.
3. What month was it when Salzman encountered a problem when he wanted to leave China at the beginning of the book?
4. Why did Dr. Nie awaken Salzman one January morning?
(a) To watch a martial arts demonstration.
(b) To meet a new teacher.
(c) To ask him to teach his class.
(d) To have breakfast.
5. Who brought Salzman's package to him from the Post Office?
(a) Comrade Hun.
(b) Dr. Li.
(c) Teacher Wei.
(d) Wife of American doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Salzman live while in China?
2. How did Old Sheep usually greet Salzman when she entered his rooms?
3. Why did Old Sheep not want to be out at night after a college woman committed suicide?
4. What did Salzman learn when he saw Mr. Gong and his son at the market?
5. What was Hai Bin's nickname for Salzman?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)