|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Salzman performed a martial arts demonstration in "Leaving," what embarrassing event occurred?
(a) He split open the back of his pants.
(b) No one wanted to watch him perform.
(c) He forgot his martial arts moves.
(d) A dog howled through his whole performance.
2. Why couldn't Mr. Gong's youngest son go to to college?
(a) He was not smart enough.
(b) He was nearsighted and would not pass the eye exam.
(c) He didn't have the money.
(d) He was too scared.
3. What does Old Yang's name mean?
4. What did Zheng's lessons with Salzman begin with?
(a) Sword play.
(b) Stretching exercises.
(d) Herbal wine and conversation.
5. Who showed Salzman and his friends places of revolutionary interest in Changsha?
(a) Mr. Lee.
(b) Old Yang.
(c) Comrade Lin.
(d) Comrade Hu.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Salzman and Bill visit Hai Bin?
2. At what age did Salzman first become interested in Chinese culture?
3. Why did Salzman dislike riding the buses in Changsha?
4. How many private students did Pan teach?
5. What sculpture of Michelangelo's was on the postcard that Lin described as his most precious belonging?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)