|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of musical instrument did Salzman play while in China?
2. What is the Chinese word for martial arts?
3. Why did Old Sheep not want to be out at night after a college woman committed suicide?
(a) The college was closed down.
(b) Ghosts of suicides wandered at night.
(c) She worried about making her curfew.
(d) The authorities were looking for a felon.
4. What was the temperature when Salzman arrived in Changsha in Chapter "Arriving"?
(a) 75 degrees.
(b) 97 degrees.
(c) 81 degrees.
(d) 54 degrees.
5. What did Pan ask Salzman at the end of his martial arts routine?
(a) If he could teach his students English.
(b) If he could "eat bitter."
(c) If he wanted to sit down.
(d) If he knew about the movie King Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Salzman when he was having difficulties getting his luggage taken care of at the train station in "Leaving"?
2. What did Old Ding sing for Salzman when they were on the way to see Ding's family?
3. Why did Salzman dislike riding the buses in Changsha?
4. What name did Mr. Gong call Salzman?
5. What did Old Ding and his brothers give to Salzman when they brought him ashore after his first visit with them?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)