|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie did the Chinese doctors tell Salzman they did not enjoy watching?
(a) Tess of the D'Urbervilles.
(b) Silence of the Lambs.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Sleepless in Seattle.
2. How many people lived in Changsha when Salzman arrived there in the early 1980s?
(a) Five hundred thousand.
(b) More than one million.
(c) Two hundred thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
3. What word did Mr. Gong use to describe his youngest son at the end of "Myopia"?
4. Who greeted Salzman when he returned from a weekend trip to Wuhan?
(a) Teacher Wei.
(c) Old Yang.
(d) Dr. Li.
5. What occupation did Comrade M have before her death?
(a) Clerical worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Salzman teach while living in China?
2. What was Pan's nickname?
3. When did Salzman visit Mr. Gong's home to teach his youngest son?
4. How did Salzman describe a costume worn by an entertainer who sang "Africa--I love you"?
5. What did the Leaders believe caused Comrade's M suicide?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)