|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skin problem did Salzman develop in the Fall of 1982?
(a) Athlete's foot.
(c) Heat rash.
2. From what part of Africa were the entertainers who performed the night Salzman arrived in Changsha?
(a) South Africa.
3. Why did Salzman dislike riding the buses in Changsha?
(a) They smelled.
(b) They were crowded.
(c) They were freezing.
(d) They were too hot.
4. What gift did Salzman give Mr. Gong's youngest son?
(a) Book of essays.
(b) Watercolors, brushes, and charcoal.
(c) Fishing pole.
(d) New glasses.
5. Who showed Salzman and his friends places of revolutionary interest in Changsha?
(a) Comrade Hu.
(b) Old Yang.
(c) Mr. Lee.
(d) Comrade Lin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Mr. Gong use to describe his youngest son at the end of "Myopia"?
2. Who helped Salzman when he was having difficulties getting his luggage taken care of at the train station in "Leaving"?
3. What did Teacher Wei want Salzman to drink before she gave him his first lesson?
4. What was identical about the way the cadres were dressed at the theater where the Africans performed?
5. Why couldn't Mr. Gong's youngest son go to to college?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)