|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the musicians leave the stage halfway through a performance of a mouth harp piece?
(a) The audience left.
(b) The curtain dropped unexpectedly.
(c) The audience was talking, walking around, and spitting loudly.
(d) Musician got sick suddenly.
2. What is the Chinese word for martial arts?
3. How many days did Salzman and his American colleagues go without mail before he paid the postal tax?
4. What did a Chinese-style breakfast consist of that Salzman ate when he traveled by train to South Central China?
(a) Bowl of noodles with a fried egg.
(b) Beef and noodles.
(c) Ham sandwich.
(d) Fruit and cheese.
5. What was identical about the way the cadres were dressed at the theater where the Africans performed?
(b) Happy expressions.
(c) Their Mao suits.
(d) Fancy watches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave sites did Salzman visit in Changsha?
2. What problem did Salzman encounter when he tried to leave China by train at the beginning of the book?
3. When did Salzman visit Mr. Gong's home to teach his youngest son?
4. What does Old Yang's name mean?
5. How old was Mr. Gong's youngest son when Salzman visited him?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)