|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Salzman make to try and cheer up Mr. Gong's son when his parents were chastising him about doing a better job of learning?
(a) Silly faces.
(b) Scary face mask.
(c) Ice cream sundaes.
(d) Cartoon of a frightened pig.
2. At what age did Salzman first become interested in Chinese culture?
3. What was the topic of the lecture Salzman gave to the doctors and teachers shortly after he arrived in Changsha?
(a) Dynamics of martial arts.
(b) Western culture.
(d) American cuisine.
4. What is a xiuxi?
(a) Chinese rest time in the afternoon.
(c) Special salad.
5. What was the temperature when Salzman arrived in Changsha in Chapter "Arriving"?
(a) 97 degrees.
(b) 75 degrees.
(c) 81 degrees.
(d) 54 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mr. Gong?
2. Why couldn't Mr. Gong's youngest son go to to college?
3. Who traveled with Salzman to South Central China?
4. What is the Chinese word for martial arts?
5. What month was it when Salzman encountered a problem when he wanted to leave China at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)