|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the topic of the lecture Salzman gave to the doctors and teachers shortly after he arrived in Changsha?
(a) Western culture.
(b) American cuisine.
(c) Dynamics of martial arts.
2. How did Salzman's students describe Comrade M?
3. What occupation did Teacher Zhu have during World War II?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Navy job.
(c) Restaurant owner.
(d) Telegraph operator.
4. What did Old Ding sing for Salzman when they were on the way to see Ding's family?
(a) Hunan folk songs.
(c) Mandarin melodies.
(d) Theme songs from Chinese movies.
5. Who greeted Salzman when he returned from a weekend trip to Wuhan?
(a) Dr. Li.
(b) Old Yang.
(d) Teacher Wei.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a xiuxi?
2. What did Salzman make to try and cheer up Mr. Gong's son when his parents were chastising him about doing a better job of learning?
3. Whose grave sites did Salzman visit in Changsha?
4. What occupation did Comrade M have before her death?
5. What kind of tax did the Post Office require Salzman pay for his package of medication?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)