|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was identical about the way the cadres were dressed at the theater where the Africans performed?
(a) Their Mao suits.
(b) Fancy watches.
(c) Happy expressions.
2. What gift did Salzman give Mr. Gong's youngest son?
(a) Book of essays.
(b) Watercolors, brushes, and charcoal.
(c) New glasses.
(d) Fishing pole.
3. What did Old Ding and his brothers give to Salzman when they brought him ashore after his first visit with them?
(b) Two large fish.
4. Why did Dr. Nie awaken Salzman one January morning?
(a) To watch a martial arts demonstration.
(b) To meet a new teacher.
(c) To ask him to teach his class.
(d) To have breakfast.
5. What did the Leaders decide about Comrade M's suicide?
(a) They will take action against Manager L.
(b) Her family won't be able to hold a memorial service.
(c) Her friends cannot grieve in public.
(d) It was a misunderstanding on her part.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who only kissed his young daughters at night when they were asleep?
2. What does Old Yang's name mean?
3. Who showed Salzman and his friends places of revolutionary interest in Changsha?
4. What month was it when Salzman encountered a problem when he wanted to leave China at the beginning of the book?
5. What did a Chinese-style breakfast consist of that Salzman ate when he traveled by train to South Central China?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)