|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
2. What type of doors are located on the temple of Artemis?
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
5. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1In the story, Iphigenia in Taurus, who do you consider to be the protagonist of the story? What kind of obstacles does this character face or overcome? Do you think there could be more than one person that people would see as a protagonist of this story? Why or why not? Who or what would be considered to be the antagonists in the story? How does the protagonist grow and learn from their experiences in the story? Use specific examples throughout the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2Who is your favorite character in the play, Iphigenia in Taurus? Why did this character appeal to you? What characteristics did you like about this character? Were there any characteristics that you didn't like about this person? What does this character add to the story? How would things be different if the character did not exist? Would anything remain the same if this character did not exist? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3In the play, Iphigenia in Taurus, King Thoas is used as a type of comic relief. What evidence from the play supports this idea? Why do you think King Thoas was so trusting of Iphigenia? What gave Iphigenia the courage to lie to King Thoas and do you think she felt any type of remorse doing so? What ideas in the play help develop King Thoas' character? What do you think are some of King Thoas' weaknesses? Use specific examples from the play to support your ideas.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)