|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the messenger is telling King Thoas about the escape of the prisoners, what does he tell the King that Iphigenia did to make them think she was busy with the ceremony?
(a) She burned a haystack.
(b) She gave a piercing cry.
(c) She chanted hymns.
(d) She splashed loudly in the sea.
2. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Achilles and Electra.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(c) Helen and Electra.
(d) Atreus and Thyestes.
3. In the beginning of Part 6, what does the Chorus state that Artemis is the queen of?
(a) The well-aimed bow.
(b) The quick sword.
(c) The furious flying arrows.
(d) The planted seed.
4. When Orestes is speaking of appearing in court for killing his mother, who does he say raised a hand for his acquittal?
(a) The Furies.
5. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Orange sun waves.
(b) The Purple Rocks.
(c) The Golden horizon.
(d) The Green Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus mentions a dragon in the hymn they sing. What color eyes do they mention the dragon has?
2. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
3. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
4. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
5. Who kills the dragon that is mentioned in the hymn by the Chorus in Part 6?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)