|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 6, what does the Chorus state that Artemis is the queen of?
(a) The furious flying arrows.
(b) The planted seed.
(c) The well-aimed bow.
(d) The quick sword.
2. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
3. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
(b) A savage.
(d) A monstrous heathen.
4. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
5. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
(a) She raises the image.
(b) She raises her arms to Zeus.
(c) She calls out Artemis' name.
(d) She calls to King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
2. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
3. Who kills the dragon that is mentioned in the hymn by the Chorus in Part 6?
4. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
5. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)