Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Atreus and Thyestes.
(b) Helen and Electra.
(c) Achilles and Electra.
(d) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
2. In Part 4, Iphigenia returns from the temple and speaks with Orestes and Pylades and hands them her letter. What does she state the letter is written on?
(a) Several folds.
(b) Artemis' prayer.
(c) One piece of golden paper.
(d) Protected folds.
3. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
(a) All pollution.
(b) All strangers.
(c) All rituals.
(d) All murderers.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Taurian King.
(d) The guards.
5. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
(a) The fire and water.
(b) The knife and fire.
(c) The knife and sword.
(d) The sword and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
2. In the beginning of Part 6, what does the Chorus state that Artemis is the queen of?
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
4. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who hammers on the temple door?
5. In Part 5, what does Iphigenia tell King Thoas washes "clean all the foulness of mankind"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)