|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
2. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
(b) Her mother.
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
(a) By the image of Artemis.
(b) By the pillars.
(c) At the door.
(d) At the altar.
4. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Helen and Electra.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(c) Atreus and Thyestes.
(d) Achilles and Electra.
5. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
(c) The guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
2. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
3. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
4. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
5. When Thoas is speaking of Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, he states that they have a long hard voyage before them if they hope to do what?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)