|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
(a) Wooden tusks.
(b) Arms across the ocean.
(c) A pair of wings.
(d) Lightning rods.
2. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, who says "that purification was a trick"?
(a) King Thoas.
(c) The messenger.
(d) The Chorus.
3. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
(a) The sword and water.
(b) The knife and sword.
(c) The fire and water.
(d) The knife and fire.
4. When Iphigenia questions Orestes about Argos in Part 4, who does Orestes say rules Argos?
5. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the messenger is telling the King about Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, who does he tell the King came up on the troop and drove them back?
2. Who is Pylades' father?
3. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
4. What type of doors are located on the temple of Artemis?
5. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)