|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
(a) King Thoas.
2. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
3. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
(b) Her mother.
4. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
(d) The guards.
5. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
(a) A pair of wings.
(b) Wooden tusks.
(c) Arms across the ocean.
(d) Lightning rods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
2. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, who says "that purification was a trick"?
3. At the opening of Part 5 of Iphigenia of Taurus, which single person enters the scene?
4. When Orestes is speaking of appearing in court for killing his mother, who does he say raised a hand for his acquittal?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)