|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
(a) The king.
(c) Their ship.
(d) The image of Artemis.
2. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who hammers on the temple door?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The messenger.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
(a) That the strangers are Gods.
(b) That the strangers are tainted sacrifices.
(c) That Artemis does not want to sacrifice these men.
(d) That it is unsafe to sacrifice these strangers.
4. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
(a) Follow them to the sea.
(b) Hold his cloak before his eyes.
(c) Read them their rights.
(d) Pray to Artemis for their cleanliness.
5. What does Orestes tell the messenger when he and the others are trying to stop Orestes and Pylades from escaping?
(a) That he is Iphigenia's brother and he's going to take her home.
(b) That he is seeking revenge for Apollo.
(c) That he is too proud to die in the land of Taurus.
(d) That he is sealing his fate with stealing the image of Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
2. After King Thoas has heard about the escape of Iphigenia, Orestes, and Pylades he suggests that they capture them, fling them down the rocky cliffs and impale their bodies on what?
3. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)