|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus mention drove Themis from the holy seat of Pytho?
2. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
(a) Wonder Mountain.
(b) Ares' Hill.
(c) Golden Mountain.
(d) Athena's Hill.
3. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
(a) Their ship.
(b) The king.
(c) The image of Artemis.
4. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(a) Remain inside their houses.
(b) Throw rocks at the strangers.
(d) Pray to Artemis.
5. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
(a) She raises her arms to Zeus.
(b) She raises the image.
(c) She calls to King Thoas.
(d) She calls out Artemis' name.
Short Answer Questions
1. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
2. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
5. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)