|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
(a) That the strangers get a chance to speak.
(b) That the strangers do not know where they are.
(c) That the strangers' arms be bound with cords.
(d) That the strangers remain unbound.
2. When the messenger is telling King Thoas about the escape of the prisoners, what does he tell the King that Iphigenia did to make them think she was busy with the ceremony?
(a) She burned a haystack.
(b) She splashed loudly in the sea.
(c) She chanted hymns.
(d) She gave a piercing cry.
3. After the Chorus finishes their hymn in the beginning of Part 6, who enters the scene?
(a) A messenger.
4. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas the strangers did to win her heart?
(a) They held out pleasing bait.
(b) They threatened to kill someone.
(c) They forced her to agree with them.
(d) They kissed her.
5. In Part 4, Iphigenia returns from the temple and speaks with Orestes and Pylades and hands them her letter. What does she state the letter is written on?
(a) One piece of golden paper.
(b) Protected folds.
(c) Artemis' prayer.
(d) Several folds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
2. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
3. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
4. Which Mount did the mother of Artemis and Apollo bring them to?
5. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)