|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
(a) To break the statue of Artemis on the jagged rocks of Taurus.
(b) To take the statue of Artemis and set it up in Athens.
(c) To bring the statue of Artemis to him.
(d) To taint the statue of Artemis so it is no longer clean.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(a) The Taurian King.
(b) The guards.
(c) The Chorus.
3. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
(a) All strangers.
(b) All rituals.
(c) All murderers.
(d) All pollution.
4. Which Mount did the mother of Artemis and Apollo bring them to?
(a) Mount Parnassus.
(b) Mount Pela.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) Mount Hellena.
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
(c) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
2. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
4. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)