|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
(a) Because he always wants to know who is being sacrificed at all times.
(b) Because he recognizes them.
(c) Because they are strange to him.
(d) Because Iphigenia tells him they are foul with kindred blood.
2. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
3. What is the dragon guarding that the Chorus mentions in their hymn in the beginning of Part 6?
(a) The magic cloak of Athens.
(b) The image of Apollo.
(c) The ancient oracle of the Earth.
(d) The secret sword of Zeus.
4. When the messenger finishes telling the Chorus about the two young men, what do they tell the messenger concerning the King?
(a) That the King has left the temple.
(b) That the King is at a citizen's home.
(c) That the King is mourning.
(d) That the King is inside the temple.
5. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
(a) To taint the statue of Artemis so it is no longer clean.
(b) To break the statue of Artemis on the jagged rocks of Taurus.
(c) To take the statue of Artemis and set it up in Athens.
(d) To bring the statue of Artemis to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the ship that Orestes, Pylades, and Iphigenia have escaped to begins to be driven backward towards the land, what does Iphigenia start to do?
2. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
4. Who kills the dragon that is mentioned in the hymn by the Chorus in Part 6?
5. Who does the Chorus mention drove Themis from the holy seat of Pytho?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)