|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the messenger is describing the escape of the prisoners and Iphigenia, he tells the King that something was at Iphigenia's feet that made her shrink away. What was it that made Iphigenia shrink away?
(a) A serpent in the brush.
(b) The foam from the waves.
(c) An arrow from an archer had landed at her feet.
(d) The image of Artemis was on the ground before her.
2. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The strangers' bodies.
(b) The fires on the city gates.
(c) The temple laterns.
(d) The red sun.
3. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
(a) She raises her arms to Zeus.
(b) She raises the image.
(c) She calls to King Thoas.
(d) She calls out Artemis' name.
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A heavenly sword.
(b) A woman.
(c) A golden lamb.
(d) A family image.
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
(a) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
2. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
3. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
4. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
5. When Thoas is speaking of Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, he states that they have a long hard voyage before them if they hope to do what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)