|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Artemis' parents?
(a) Zeus and Athena.
(b) Apollo and Leto.
(c) Zeus and Leto.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
2. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
(a) It raised its sword.
(b) It fell.
(c) It rocked back and forth and spoke.
(d) Its eyelids closed.
4. In Part 6, who says, "I never trust a word a woman says"?
(c) King Thoas.
(d) The messenger.
5. What does the messenger say to the Chorus about the two young men?
(a) That they are trapped in a cave.
(b) That they have fled the country.
(c) That they are nowhere in sight.
(d) That they are coming back to the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
2. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
3. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
4. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
5. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)