|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what is Orestes ordered to do when he reaches Athens?
(a) To deliver his sister to her father's house.
(b) To take Pylades safely to his wife, Electra.
(c) To build a shrine.
(d) To find a wife to wed.
2. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their mother.
3. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
4. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
(a) A locket.
(b) A drop of holy water.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lock of hair.
5. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Atreus and Thyestes.
(b) Helen and Electra.
(c) Achilles and Electra.
(d) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
2. When Thoas is speaking of Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, he states that they have a long hard voyage before them if they hope to do what?
3. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he tells the King that neither party had swords but that Orestes' men came at them with what?
4. What does the messenger say to the Chorus about the two young men?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)