|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the messenger finishes telling the Chorus about the two young men, what do they tell the messenger concerning the King?
(a) That the King is at a citizen's home.
(b) That the King is inside the temple.
(c) That the King has left the temple.
(d) That the King is mourning.
2. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, when Thoas asks the messenger how it is possible that Iphigenia is gone and why she is gone, what does the messenger tell him?
(a) That Iphigenia is gone because she wanted to live in Athens.
(b) That Iphigenia is gone because she was kidnapped by Orestes and Pylades.
(c) That Iphigenia is gone because she wanted to save Orestes.
(d) That Iphigenia is still hiding amongst the caves.
3. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
(a) Lightning rods.
(b) Arms across the ocean.
(c) Wooden tusks.
(d) A pair of wings.
4. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
(a) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
5. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
(a) Guards and temple attendants.
(b) King Thoas.
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
2. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
3. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
4. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
5. In the beginning of Part 6, the Chorus tells of Apollo and his skill at what?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)