|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
(a) His guards.
(c) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) Orestes and Iphigenia.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Overthrow him.
(d) Sneak past him.
3. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
4. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
(a) To break the statue of Artemis on the jagged rocks of Taurus.
(b) To take the statue of Artemis and set it up in Athens.
(c) To taint the statue of Artemis so it is no longer clean.
(d) To bring the statue of Artemis to him.
5. At the end of Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what is Orestes ordered to do when he reaches Athens?
(a) To find a wife to wed.
(b) To build a shrine.
(c) To take Pylades safely to his wife, Electra.
(d) To deliver his sister to her father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, who says, "I never trust a word a woman says"?
2. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
3. What is the dragon guarding that the Chorus mentions in their hymn in the beginning of Part 6?
4. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
5. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)