|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A family image.
(b) A heavenly sword.
(c) A woman.
(d) A golden lamb.
2. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
(a) A pair of wings.
(b) Arms across the ocean.
(c) Wooden tusks.
(d) Lightning rods.
3. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
(a) Her mother.
4. In Part 6, the Chorus mentions a dragon in the hymn they sing. What color eyes do they mention the dragon has?
(c) Sea foam-white.
5. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
(a) Her eyes deceiving her.
(b) The earth shaking.
(c) The temple falling.
(d) The movement of Artemis, herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
2. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
4. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
5. Who is Pylades' father?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)