|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, what does Iphigenia tell King Thoas washes "clean all the foulness of mankind"?
(a) Her own tears.
(b) The holy water in the temple.
(c) Fire from the holy temple.
(d) The sea.
2. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, who says "that purification was a trick"?
(b) The messenger.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) The Chorus.
3. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The strangers' bodies.
(b) The red sun.
(c) The temple laterns.
(d) The fires on the city gates.
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
(b) The Chorus.
5. When Iphigenia questions Orestes about Argos in Part 4, who does Orestes say rules Argos?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the messenger is describing the escape of the prisoners and Iphigenia, he tells the King that something was at Iphigenia's feet that made her shrink away. What was it that made Iphigenia shrink away?
2. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
3. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who hammers on the temple door?
4. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
5. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)