|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pylades' father?
2. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he tells the King that neither party had swords but that Orestes' men came at them with what?
(a) Hands and Feet.
(b) Fists and Feet.
(c) Rocks and Hands.
(d) Feet and Rocks.
3. When Iphigenia speaks of the statue of Artemis, she tells Orestes in Part 4 that only one person is allowed to touch it. Who is that person?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) One of the temple attendants.
(d) One member of The Chorus.
4. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
(a) The temple falling.
(b) Her eyes deceiving her.
(c) The movement of Artemis, herself.
(d) The earth shaking.
5. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) A pure white dove.
(b) Three chickens.
(c) A young calf.
(d) Two young lambs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Mount did the mother of Artemis and Apollo bring them to?
2. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
3. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
4. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
5. What does Orestes tell the messenger when he and the others are trying to stop Orestes and Pylades from escaping?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)