|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) Three chickens.
(b) Two young lambs.
(c) A young calf.
(d) A pure white dove.
2. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
(a) All strangers.
(b) All murderers.
(c) All rituals.
(d) All pollution.
3. At the opening of Part 5 of Iphigenia of Taurus, which single person enters the scene?
4. What type of doors are located on the temple of Artemis?
5. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
(b) King Thoas.
(c) Guards and temple attendants.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks of the statue of Artemis, she tells Orestes in Part 4 that only one person is allowed to touch it. Who is that person?
2. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
3. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
4. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
5. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)