|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the messenger is telling the King about Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, who does he tell the King came up on the troop and drove them back?
(c) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) Iphigenia and members of the Chorus.
2. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(a) Throw rocks at the strangers.
(c) Remain inside their houses.
(d) Pray to Artemis.
3. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
(a) A rose.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A locket.
(d) A drop of holy water.
4. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
(b) The guards.
5. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus mentions a dragon in the hymn they sing. What color eyes do they mention the dragon has?
2. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
3. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
5. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)