|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
2. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(a) Pray to Artemis.
(b) Remain inside their houses.
(c) Throw rocks at the strangers.
3. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
4. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
(a) Read them their rights.
(b) Pray to Artemis for their cleanliness.
(c) Follow them to the sea.
(d) Hold his cloak before his eyes.
5. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
3. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
5. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, who says "that purification was a trick"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)