|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, what is the first stanza called that the Chorus recites in their poem?
2. When Iphigenia is telling the King about the young strangers trying to win her heart, what does she claim that she hates?
(b) Her father.
3. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
(a) The temple falling.
(b) The earth shaking.
(c) Her eyes deceiving her.
(d) The movement of Artemis, herself.
4. When Orestes is speaking of appearing in court for killing his mother, who does he say raised a hand for his acquittal?
(d) The Furies.
5. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus is speaking in the beginning of Part 6, what is the second stanza of the poem called?
2. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
3. In the beginning of Part 6, what does the Chorus state that Artemis is the queen of?
4. What does the messenger say to the Chorus about the two young men?
5. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)