|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the dragon that is mentioned in the hymn by the Chorus in Part 6?
2. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
(a) Her love and purity.
(b) Her loyalty and concern.
(c) Her carefulness and swiftness.
(d) Her care and piety.
3. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) Two young lambs.
(b) Three chickens.
(c) A pure white dove.
(d) A young calf.
4. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
5. When the messenger is telling King Thoas about the escape of the prisoners, what does he tell the King that Iphigenia did to make them think she was busy with the ceremony?
(a) She splashed loudly in the sea.
(b) She burned a haystack.
(c) She gave a piercing cry.
(d) She chanted hymns.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what is Orestes ordered to do when he reaches Athens?
2. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
4. When Iphigenia is telling the King about the young strangers trying to win her heart, what does she claim that she hates?
5. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)