|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, who says, "I never trust a word a woman says"?
(a) The messenger.
(c) King Thoas.
2. After the Chorus finishes their hymn in the beginning of Part 6, who enters the scene?
(a) A messenger.
3. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who hammers on the temple door?
(a) King Thoas.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The messenger.
4. Who are Artemis' parents?
(a) Zeus and Leto.
(b) Zeus and Athena.
(c) Apollo and Leto.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
5. When the messenger is describing the escape of the prisoners and Iphigenia, he tells the King that something was at Iphigenia's feet that made her shrink away. What was it that made Iphigenia shrink away?
(a) A serpent in the brush.
(b) An arrow from an archer had landed at her feet.
(c) The image of Artemis was on the ground before her.
(d) The foam from the waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
2. When Iphigenia questions Orestes about Argos in Part 4, who does Orestes say rules Argos?
3. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
4. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
5. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)