|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The temple laterns.
(b) The red sun.
(c) The fires on the city gates.
(d) The strangers' bodies.
2. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Green Hills.
(b) The Purple Rocks.
(c) The Orange sun waves.
(d) The Golden horizon.
3. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
4. When the ship that Orestes, Pylades, and Iphigenia have escaped to begins to be driven backward towards the land, what does Iphigenia start to do?
(a) Cry and wail to her brother.
(b) Pray to Artemis.
(c) Help row the oars across the seawaters.
(d) Sing to the Gods.
5. What is the dragon guarding that the Chorus mentions in their hymn in the beginning of Part 6?
(a) The image of Apollo.
(b) The ancient oracle of the Earth.
(c) The secret sword of Zeus.
(d) The magic cloak of Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of doors are located on the temple of Artemis?
2. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
3. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
4. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
5. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)