|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
(c) The Chorus.
2. When the messenger finishes telling the Chorus about the two young men, what do they tell the messenger concerning the King?
(a) That the King is inside the temple.
(b) That the King has left the temple.
(c) That the King is mourning.
(d) That the King is at a citizen's home.
3. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, who says "that purification was a trick"?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) The messenger.
(d) The Chorus.
4. In Part 5, what does Iphigenia tell King Thoas washes "clean all the foulness of mankind"?
(a) Her own tears.
(b) The holy water in the temple.
(c) Fire from the holy temple.
(d) The sea.
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "sometimes, somehow, extraordinary misfortune seems to take, by pure chance, some extraordinary turn"?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
2. After King Thoas has ordered the guards to go towards the shore to try to capture the escapees and the guards make off toward the shore, who appears?
3. In Part 6, the Chorus mentions a dragon in the hymn they sing. What color eyes do they mention the dragon has?
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
5. In the beginning of Part 6, what does the Chorus state that Artemis is the queen of?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)