|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into the temple.
(b) Into a field.
(c) To speak with the Chorus.
(d) Down to the shore.
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To the seashore.
(b) To the field with the cattle.
(c) Inside the temple.
(d) To her bedroom.
3. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) Orestes and Pylades.
4. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Clashing rocks.
(b) Smooth rocks.
(c) Purple rocks.
(d) Jagged rocks.
5. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(b) The Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
2. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
3. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
4. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
5. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Iphigenia tells Orestes what her plan is for sending her letter back, what does Orestes say to her about a change in plans, and why does he want to change Iphigenia's plans?
2. In Part 6, even though Iphigenia has left Artemis' temple, she prays to Artemis and asks for her protection and help. Why does Iphigenia feel like Artemis will still understand her and listen to her heartfelt prayers?
3. In Part 3, after the guards have entered the temple and Iphigenia is alone with the two young strangers, what does she begin asking them about?
4. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia asks that two different things happen that involve cloaks. What are those two things?
5. What does Orestes request Pylades do for him when he returns home?
6. In Part 4, when Iphigenia is telling Pylades the contents of her letter, why does Pylades tell Iphigenia that she has bound him with an easy oath?
7. After Orestes finishes telling Pylades what he would like him to do when he goes back home, what is Pylades reply?
8. What does Iphigenia think her dream means?
9. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what story does he claim Iphigenia wove in her loom?
10. When Orestes is speaking to Pylades about the plan for Pylades to take the letter back for Iphigenia, how does Pylades respond?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)