|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
(a) Her good luck.
(d) Her sword.
2. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) A sword and shield.
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To the seashore.
(b) To her bedroom.
(c) To the field with the cattle.
(d) Inside the temple.
4. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(a) The purple east.
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
2. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
3. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
5. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, why does Iphigenia tell Orestes that she'll use their misfortune to deceive the king?
2. Why does Orestes claim he is an outcast?
3. When Iphigenia is telling about her sorrow, what does she say she can't do for her brother, Orestes?
4. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, King Thoas asks Iphigenia what they should do with the two young men. Why does King Thoas ask Iphigenia this, and what is Iphigenia's reply?
5. When Iphigenia enters from the central door of the temple in the beginning of Part 2, why does she say she is sunk in "bitter tears and deep distress"?
6. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what reason does Iphigenia give for binding the stranger's arms with cords?
7. In Part 4, when Iphigenia is telling Pylades the contents of her letter, why does Pylades tell Iphigenia that she has bound him with an easy oath?
8. What does Orestes request Pylades do for him when he returns home?
9. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about Agamemnon, why does Orestes avoid the questioning?
10. In Part 2, what does Iphigenia say was happening while her father was bringing her to her death?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)