|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Brave.
(b) The Unfortunate.
(c) The Willing.
(d) The Sad.
2. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(b) The Chorus.
3. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her love.
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
2. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
3. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about Agamemnon, why does Orestes avoid the questioning?
2. Who gave birth to Artemis and Apollo and what did she do after their birth?
3. In Part 1, what does Iphigenia claim her father vowed to Artemis?
4. What does Iphigenia think her dream means?
5. What are some of the ways that Orestes and Pylades contemplate entering the temple?
6. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, why does King Thoas tell Iphigenia that it is natural that the city honors her?
7. What does Orestes request Pylades do for him when he returns home?
8. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is the first person to enter the scene and what are they concerned with?
9. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, why does Iphigenia tell Orestes that she'll use their misfortune to deceive the king?
10. Why does Orestes claim he is an outcast?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)