|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(b) Achilles' love.
(c) Her father's villainy.
(d) Helen's treachery.
2. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) A herdsman.
(c) King Thoas.
3. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) Powerful armor.
(b) The statue of Artemis.
(c) A magic sword.
4. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To toss them into the sea.
(b) To sacrifice them.
(c) To have a feast.
(d) To put them on a trail.
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
(a) His mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
2. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
3. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
4. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
5. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, why does Iphigenia tell Orestes that she'll use their misfortune to deceive the king?
2. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is the first person to enter the scene and what are they concerned with?
3. What question does Iphigenia ask Orestes in Part 3 that she longs to ask him?
4. What is Orestes' mission that Apollo sent him to complete?
5. What does the herdsman tell Iphigenia the young stranger's insane fit looked like?
6. What is Iphigenia's reaction when she finds out that her mother killed her father?
7. In Part 4, when Iphigenia is telling Pylades the contents of her letter, why does Pylades tell Iphigenia that she has bound him with an easy oath?
8. What are some of the ways that Orestes and Pylades contemplate entering the temple?
9. At the end of Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who follows with the procession and how they go into the temple? Why did those that went into the temple go back into the temple?
10. What plan does Iphigenia devise to make sure her message gets to its destination if the letter is lost or taken?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)