Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) To speak with the Chorus.
(b) Into a field.
(c) Down to the shore.
(d) Into the temple.
2. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
3. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(b) Her brother, Orestes.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her father, Agamemnon.
4. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A horse.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A deer.
(d) A pig.
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
2. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
3. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
5. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene of Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus.
2. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, why does the messenger not leave when the Chorus tells him that the King is not there at the temple?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes about her plan to send a letter back with either Pylades or himself, why does she tell Orestes that she feels like he must surely be from royal stock?
4. Why does Orestes claim he is an outcast?
5. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia relates a story to King Thoas concerning the image of Artemis. What does she tell King Thoas about?
6. In the opening of Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia first begin telling us?
7. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what reason does Iphigenia give for binding the stranger's arms with cords?
8. Who gave birth to Artemis and Apollo and what did she do after their birth?
9. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does the messenger tell the King that makes him a little uneasy?
10. In Part 2 of Iphigenia of Taurus, why does Iphigenia claim she is cruel now, and what does she say has made her that way?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)