|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(d) The underworld.
2. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her father's lips.
(b) Her brother's lips.
(c) Her mother's lips.
(d) Her sister's lips.
4. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
(a) Temple attendants.
(b) The guards.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) The Chorus.
5. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
3. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
4. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
5. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does the messenger tell the King that makes him a little uneasy?
2. In Part 1, what does Iphigenia claim her father vowed to Artemis?
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, why does Orestes ask Pylades where they are and wonders if they are in a dream?
4. What plan does Iphigenia devise to make sure her message gets to its destination if the letter is lost or taken?
5. In Part 5, why does King Thoas agree to not question why Iphigenia will take so long with the purification process?
6. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what reason does Iphigenia give for binding the stranger's arms with cords?
7. After Orestes finishes telling Pylades what he would like him to do when he goes back home, what is Pylades reply?
8. In Part 4, when Iphigenia is telling Pylades the contents of her letter, why does Pylades tell Iphigenia that she has bound him with an easy oath?
9. What is Iphigenia's reaction when she finds out that her mother killed her father?
10. Describe how Iphigenia was saved from death.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)