|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) Orestes and Iphigenia.
(d) His guards.
2. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
3. When the messenger finishes telling the Chorus about the two young men, what do they tell the messenger concerning the King?
(a) That the King has left the temple.
(b) That the King is mourning.
(c) That the King is inside the temple.
(d) That the King is at a citizen's home.
4. Who is Pylades' father?
5. What type of doors are located on the temple of Artemis?
6. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
(a) The temple falling.
(b) The earth shaking.
(c) The movement of Artemis, herself.
(d) Her eyes deceiving her.
7. In the beginning of Part 6, the Chorus tells of Apollo and his skill at what?
(a) The harp.
(b) The sword.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The lyre.
8. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
(a) That the strangers get a chance to speak.
(b) That the strangers do not know where they are.
(c) That the strangers' arms be bound with cords.
(d) That the strangers remain unbound.
9. When the messenger is telling the King about Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, who does he tell the King came up on the troop and drove them back?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) Iphigenia and members of the Chorus.
10. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
(a) A rose.
(b) A drop of holy water.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) A locket.
11. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
(a) The image of Artemis.
(b) Their ship.
(c) The king.
13. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(a) Throw rocks at the strangers.
(b) Pray to Artemis.
(d) Remain inside their houses.
14. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
(a) Her loyalty and concern.
(b) Her love and purity.
(c) Her carefulness and swiftness.
(d) Her care and piety.
15. In Part 6, what is the first stanza called that the Chorus recites in their poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
2. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas of the rituals she must perform on the sacrifices, what does she tell King Thoas is needful?
3. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
4. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he tells the King that neither party had swords but that Orestes' men came at them with what?
5. When the Chorus is speaking in the beginning of Part 6, what is the second stanza of the poem called?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)