|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
3. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Agememnon is king.
(b) That Helen was evil.
(c) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
(d) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
4. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
(b) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(c) That she has heard of Hellas.
(d) That she knows someone from Hellas.
5. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
(a) His brother.
(b) His name.
(c) His family.
(d) His friend.
6. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(b) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(c) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(d) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
7. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(c) In the night.
(d) At the break of dawn.
8. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
9. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(a) With the Gods.
10. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
11. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Sea water.
(b) Rose water.
(c) Olive oil.
(d) The juice of grapes.
12. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) Sea-water and a sword.
13. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(a) The Chorus.
14. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are just friends.
(b) That they are comrades.
(c) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
(d) That they are twin brothers.
15. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
2. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
3. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
4. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
5. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)