|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Agememnon is king.
(b) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
(c) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
(d) That Helen was evil.
3. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The rocks in the field of cattle.
(b) The swords on the ground.
(c) The image in the temple.
(d) The altar.
4. Who is Achilles' father?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Smooth rocks.
(b) Jagged rocks.
(c) Clashing rocks.
(d) Purple rocks.
6. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(b) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(c) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
(d) Because she was taken from her family.
7. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(a) Run away.
(c) Steal some horses.
(d) Kill someone.
8. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her father, Agamemnon.
(b) Her brother, Orestes.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her betrothed, Achilles.
9. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
10. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(d) The Chorus.
11. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
(b) His mother's.
12. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pig.
(d) A deer.
13. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
14. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(b) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(c) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(d) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
15. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He dies.
(b) He sails on forever on his ship.
(c) He fights a Cyclops.
(d) He prays to Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
3. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)