Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) To speak with the Chorus.
(b) Into a field.
(c) Down to the shore.
(d) Into the temple.
2. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
3. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(b) Her brother, Orestes.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her father, Agamemnon.
4. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A horse.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A deer.
(d) A pig.
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
6. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
7. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(b) The Chorus.
8. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
9. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
10. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Sea-water and a sword.
(c) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(d) Wheat and barley.
11. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
12. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
(b) Lead them back to the temple.
(c) Guard them and leave them unbound.
(d) Bind them and guard them.
13. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) King Thoas.
(c) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) The Chorus.
14. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was taking a bath.
(b) He was cleaning his clothing.
(c) He was washing his cattle.
(d) He was watching for ships.
15. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
(b) That Helen was evil.
(c) That Agememnon is king.
(d) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
2. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
3. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
4. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)