|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Helen's treachery.
(b) Achilles' love.
(d) Her father's villainy.
2. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(d) The purple east.
3. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(b) The Chorus.
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(a) Her father.
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
6. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
7. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) An unfriendly sea.
(b) A blue sea.
(c) A cold sea.
(d) A raging sea.
8. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
9. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
(a) That Helen has asked for forgiveness.
(b) That Helen is in Troy.
(c) That Helen is back in Sparta with her first husband.
(d) That Helen is dead.
10. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A pig.
(b) A deer.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A horse.
11. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) To speak with the Chorus.
(b) Into the temple.
(c) Down to the shore.
(d) Into a field.
12. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
(b) The Chorus.
13. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) King Thoas.
(c) Orestes and Pylades.
14. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(b) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(c) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(d) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
15. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
2. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
5. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)