|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) Temple attendants.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The guards.
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To her bedroom.
(b) To the seashore.
(c) To the field with the cattle.
(d) Inside the temple.
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
(d) His mother's.
4. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The rocks in the field of cattle.
(b) The altar.
(c) The image in the temple.
(d) The swords on the ground.
5. Who is Pylades' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks of the statue of Artemis, she tells Orestes in Part 4 that only one person is allowed to touch it. Who is that person?
2. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
3. Which Mount did the mother of Artemis and Apollo bring them to?
4. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)