|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes tell the messenger when he and the others are trying to stop Orestes and Pylades from escaping?
(a) That he is Iphigenia's brother and he's going to take her home.
(b) That he is seeking revenge for Apollo.
(c) That he is too proud to die in the land of Taurus.
(d) That he is sealing his fate with stealing the image of Artemis.
2. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(a) The Chorus.
3. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
4. In the beginning of Part 6, what does the Chorus state that Artemis is the queen of?
(a) The planted seed.
(b) The quick sword.
(c) The well-aimed bow.
(d) The furious flying arrows.
5. When Thoas is speaking of Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, he states that they have a long hard voyage before them if they hope to do what?
(a) Kidnap his priestess.
(b) Kill his priestess.
(c) Take his image from the temple.
(d) Escape his sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, what is the first stanza called that the Chorus recites in their poem?
2. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. Who is Pylades' father?
5. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)