|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the messenger is telling the King about Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, who does he tell the King came up on the troop and drove them back?
(b) Iphigenia and members of the Chorus.
(c) Orestes and Pylades.
2. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
3. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
(a) Killed one of his people.
(b) Killed a soldier.
(c) Hidden from their king.
(d) Escaped from prison.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Overthrow him.
(c) Sneak past him.
(d) Assassinate him.
5. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
(a) A pair of wings.
(b) Wooden tusks.
(c) Lightning rods.
(d) Arms across the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
2. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
4. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
5. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)