|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are comrades.
(b) That they are just friends.
(c) That they are twin brothers.
(d) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
2. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
(a) Hold his cloak before his eyes.
(b) Follow them to the sea.
(c) Read them their rights.
(d) Pray to Artemis for their cleanliness.
3. What does the messenger say to the Chorus about the two young men?
(a) That they are coming back to the temple.
(b) That they are trapped in a cave.
(c) That they have fled the country.
(d) That they are nowhere in sight.
4. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, when Thoas asks the messenger how it is possible that Iphigenia is gone and why she is gone, what does the messenger tell him?
(a) That Iphigenia is gone because she was kidnapped by Orestes and Pylades.
(b) That Iphigenia is gone because she wanted to save Orestes.
(c) That Iphigenia is still hiding amongst the caves.
(d) That Iphigenia is gone because she wanted to live in Athens.
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Apollo.
(b) The world of Artemis.
(c) The world of Zeus.
(d) The world of all the Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
2. Which Mount did the mother of Artemis and Apollo bring them to?
3. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)