|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus mention drove Themis from the holy seat of Pytho?
2. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) A sword and shield.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) Barley-meal and holy-water.
3. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
(b) Guard them and leave them unbound.
(c) Bind them and guard them.
(d) Lead them back to the temple.
4. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Unfortunate.
(b) The Brave.
(c) The Sad.
(d) The Willing.
5. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
(a) Because Iphigenia tells him they are foul with kindred blood.
(b) Because he always wants to know who is being sacrificed at all times.
(c) Because he recognizes them.
(d) Because they are strange to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, when Thoas asks the messenger how it is possible that Iphigenia is gone and why she is gone, what does the messenger tell him?
2. What is the dragon guarding that the Chorus mentions in their hymn in the beginning of Part 6?
3. In the beginning of Part 6, the Chorus tells of Apollo and his skill at what?
4. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)