|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus mentions a dragon in the hymn they sing. What color eyes do they mention the dragon has?
(d) Sea foam-white.
2. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
4. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
(a) She calls out Artemis' name.
(b) She raises her arms to Zeus.
(c) She raises the image.
(d) She calls to King Thoas.
5. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Iphigenia's room.
(b) Taurus castle.
(c) The temple of Artemis.
(d) Orestes' ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
2. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
4. When the Chorus is speaking in the beginning of Part 6, what is the second stanza of the poem called?
5. When Iphigenia speaks of the statue of Artemis, she tells Orestes in Part 4 that only one person is allowed to touch it. Who is that person?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)