|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
(d) King Thoas.
3. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) Orestes and Pylades.
4. Who is Iphigenia's father?
5. In the beginning of Part 6, what does the Chorus state that Artemis is the queen of?
(a) The quick sword.
(b) The well-aimed bow.
(c) The planted seed.
(d) The furious flying arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
2. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
4. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)