|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
(a) She will set him free.
(b) She will still sacrifice Pylades.
(c) She will hide him and then help him escape.
(d) She will marry him.
2. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(b) The Furies.
3. What is the dragon guarding that the Chorus mentions in their hymn in the beginning of Part 6?
(a) The image of Apollo.
(b) The magic cloak of Athens.
(c) The secret sword of Zeus.
(d) The ancient oracle of the Earth.
4. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
(a) To remember him.
(b) To build a tomb.
(c) To kiss his wife goodbye.
(d) To build a home.
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
2. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
4. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
5. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)