|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Chorus finishes their hymn in the beginning of Part 6, who enters the scene?
(d) A messenger.
2. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
3. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(d) Temple attendants.
4. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
(a) That Helen is in Troy.
(b) That Helen is dead.
(c) That Helen is back in Sparta with her first husband.
(d) That Helen has asked for forgiveness.
5. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
(a) Her care and piety.
(b) Her love and purity.
(c) Her carefulness and swiftness.
(d) Her loyalty and concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
2. When Iphigenia questions Orestes about Argos in Part 4, who does Orestes say rules Argos?
3. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
4. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
5. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)