|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her brother's lips.
(b) Her mother's lips.
(c) Her sister's lips.
(d) Her father's lips.
3. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Purple Rocks.
(b) The Golden horizon.
(c) The Green Hills.
(d) The Orange sun waves.
4. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, who says "that purification was a trick"?
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The messenger.
(d) King Thoas.
5. In the beginning of Part 6, the Chorus tells of Apollo and his skill at what?
(a) The sword.
(b) The harp.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The lyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
2. When Thoas is speaking of Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, he states that they have a long hard voyage before them if they hope to do what?
3. In Part 6, what is the first stanza called that the Chorus recites in their poem?
4. In Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who hammers on the temple door?
5. Who does the Chorus mention drove Themis from the holy seat of Pytho?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)