|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Give it to Apollo.
(b) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(c) Break it.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
2. When the ship that Orestes, Pylades, and Iphigenia have escaped to begins to be driven backward towards the land, what does Iphigenia start to do?
(a) Cry and wail to her brother.
(b) Pray to Artemis.
(c) Help row the oars across the seawaters.
(d) Sing to the Gods.
3. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are comrades.
(b) That they are twin brothers.
(c) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
(d) That they are just friends.
4. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
(a) She will still sacrifice Pylades.
(b) She will marry him.
(c) She will hide him and then help him escape.
(d) She will set him free.
5. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A heavenly sword.
(b) A woman.
(c) A family image.
(d) A golden lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
4. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)