|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
(a) Her sword.
(b) Her good luck.
3. When the messenger is telling the King about Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, who does he tell the King came up on the troop and drove them back?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) Iphigenia and members of the Chorus.
4. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) His father.
(c) The Gods.
5. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Pigs of Hellas.
(b) Sheep of Hellas.
(c) Servants of Hellas.
(d) Horses of Hellas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
3. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas the strangers did to win her heart?
4. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
5. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he also describes the oars and how they looked like what?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)