|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To her bedroom.
(b) To the field with the cattle.
(c) To the seashore.
(d) Inside the temple.
2. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
(a) Follow them to the sea.
(b) Hold his cloak before his eyes.
(c) Read them their rights.
(d) Pray to Artemis for their cleanliness.
3. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(a) Temple attendants.
4. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) Guards and temple attendants.
(d) The Chorus.
5. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
(b) That Agememnon is king.
(c) That Helen was evil.
(d) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
2. In Part 6 of Iphigenia of Taurus, who says "that purification was a trick"?
3. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
5. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)