|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks of the statue of Artemis, she tells Orestes in Part 4 that only one person is allowed to touch it. Who is that person?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) One member of The Chorus.
(d) One of the temple attendants.
2. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
3. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The temple laterns.
(b) The fires on the city gates.
(c) The strangers' bodies.
(d) The red sun.
4. In Part 5, what does Iphigenia tell King Thoas washes "clean all the foulness of mankind"?
(a) The holy water in the temple.
(b) Fire from the holy temple.
(c) The sea.
(d) Her own tears.
5. When Thoas is speaking of Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, he states that they have a long hard voyage before them if they hope to do what?
(a) Kill his priestess.
(b) Escape his sword.
(c) Kidnap his priestess.
(d) Take his image from the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
5. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)