|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
(b) Tell her who he really is.
(c) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(d) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
2. In Part 6, what is the first stanza called that the Chorus recites in their poem?
3. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That she has heard of Hellas.
(b) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(c) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
(d) That she knows someone from Hellas.
4. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(a) Throw rocks at the strangers.
(c) Pray to Artemis.
(d) Remain inside their houses.
5. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(b) A member of his own herdsman.
(c) The two young men that came by ship.
(d) Iphigenia herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas about the young strangers in Part 5, what is the reason she tells King Thoas that she recognized the "stain" on them?
3. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
5. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)