|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Horses of Hellas.
(b) Sheep of Hellas.
(c) Pigs of Hellas.
(d) Servants of Hellas.
2. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) On their ship.
(b) Under some rocks.
(c) In the caves.
(d) In the temple.
3. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Achilles' love.
(b) Helen's treachery.
(d) Her father's villainy.
4. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
5. In Part 5, what does Iphigenia tell King Thoas washes "clean all the foulness of mankind"?
(a) Her own tears.
(b) Fire from the holy temple.
(c) The holy water in the temple.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
2. What does Orestes tell the messenger when he and the others are trying to stop Orestes and Pylades from escaping?
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
4. Who is Iphigenia's father?
5. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)