|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. In Part 5, what does Iphigenia tell King Thoas washes "clean all the foulness of mankind"?
(a) The holy water in the temple.
(b) Fire from the holy temple.
(c) Her own tears.
(d) The sea.
3. When Iphigenia is telling the King about the young strangers trying to win her heart, what does she claim that she hates?
(a) Her father.
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
5. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
(a) To kiss his wife goodbye.
(b) To build a home.
(c) To remember him.
(d) To build a tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas the strangers did to win her heart?
2. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
4. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
5. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)