|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The red sun.
(b) The temple laterns.
(c) The fires on the city gates.
(d) The strangers' bodies.
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
(c) Her sword.
(d) Her good luck.
3. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) A member of his own herdsman.
(b) Iphigenia herself.
(c) The two young men that came by ship.
(d) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
4. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) In the temple.
(b) In the caves.
(c) On their ship.
(d) Under some rocks.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her father's lips.
(b) Her brother's lips.
(c) Her sister's lips.
(d) Her mother's lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the messenger is describing the escape of Orestes and Pylades, he tells the King that neither party had swords but that Orestes' men came at them with what?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
3. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
4. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
5. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)