|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
(b) King Thoas.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) Guards and temple attendants.
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A cold sea.
(b) An unfriendly sea.
(c) A blue sea.
(d) A raging sea.
3. Who is Iphigenia's father?
4. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(b) Remain inside their houses.
(c) Pray to Artemis.
(d) Throw rocks at the strangers.
5. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(b) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the messenger is telling King Thoas about the escape of the prisoners, what does he tell the King that Iphigenia did to make them think she was busy with the ceremony?
2. In Part 6, who says, "I never trust a word a woman says"?
3. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
4. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)