|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother of Artemis and Apollo?
2. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "sometimes, somehow, extraordinary misfortune seems to take, by pure chance, some extraordinary turn"?
(b) The Chorus.
3. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
4. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(a) With the Gods.
5. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
(a) A piece of her hair.
(b) Her favorite book about the family throne.
(c) Her dressing gown that she used to wear.
(d) The old spear that Pelops hurled.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
2. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
3. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
5. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)