|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was watching for ships.
(b) He was washing his cattle.
(c) He was cleaning his clothing.
(d) He was taking a bath.
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Zeus.
(b) The world of Apollo.
(c) The world of all the Gods.
(d) The world of Artemis.
3. Who are Artemis' parents?
(a) Apollo and Leto.
(b) Zeus and Leto.
(c) Apollo and Athena.
(d) Zeus and Athena.
4. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His father.
5. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
(a) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
2. Who kills the dragon that is mentioned in the hymn by the Chorus in Part 6?
3. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
4. What does the messenger say to the Chorus about the two young men?
5. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)