|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
(a) The image of Artemis.
(c) Their ship.
(d) The king.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
3. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The red sun.
(b) The strangers' bodies.
(c) The temple laterns.
(d) The fires on the city gates.
4. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Purple rocks.
(b) Jagged rocks.
(c) Clashing rocks.
(d) Smooth rocks.
5. In the opening of Part 6 of Iphigenia in Taurus, a member of the Chorus starts a hymn by talking about long ago in a certain place. What is the place she mentions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "sometimes, somehow, extraordinary misfortune seems to take, by pure chance, some extraordinary turn"?
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
3. After the Chorus finishes their hymn in the beginning of Part 6, who enters the scene?
4. When Thoas is speaking of Orestes and Pylades escaping in Part 6, he states that they have a long hard voyage before them if they hope to do what?
5. When the Chorus is speaking in the beginning of Part 6, what is the second stanza of the poem called?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)