|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) King Thoas' armor.
(b) The statue of Artemis.
(c) A dead corpse.
(d) A shield from Apollo.
2. After King Thoas has heard about the escape of Iphigenia, Orestes, and Pylades he suggests that they capture them, fling them down the rocky cliffs and impale their bodies on what?
(b) The altar of sacrifice.
(d) The rocks.
3. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He started stabbing the cattle.
(b) He stabbed the ground.
(c) He threw it out into the sea.
(d) He came after the herdsman.
4. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He dies.
(b) He prays to Artemis.
(c) He sails on forever on his ship.
(d) He fights a Cyclops.
5. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
(a) By casting water on their heads.
(b) By fire.
(c) By reading them a sacred poem.
(d) By having them pray to Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
2. In Part 4, Iphigenia returns from the temple and speaks with Orestes and Pylades and hands them her letter. What does she state the letter is written on?
3. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
4. What is the dragon guarding that the Chorus mentions in their hymn in the beginning of Part 6?
5. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)