|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Achilles and Electra.
(b) Helen and Electra.
(c) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(d) Atreus and Thyestes.
2. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The altar.
(b) The swords on the ground.
(c) The rocks in the field of cattle.
(d) The image in the temple.
3. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) A sword and shield.
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her love.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(a) The Taurian King.
(b) The Chorus.
(d) The guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
2. Who are Artemis' parents?
3. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
5. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)