|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A rose.
(c) A locket.
(d) A drop of holy water.
2. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes is telling Pylades that he must leave and go back home. Orestes tells Pylades that he must go home and perpetuate his name. How does Orestes tell Pylades to perpetuate his name?
(a) To tell everyone about him.
(b) To proclaim his name and his mission to all the inhabitants of Hellas.
(c) To build an image of him.
(d) To go home to his wife and bear children.
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
(c) The Chorus.
4. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
(a) Killed a soldier.
(b) Escaped from prison.
(c) Hidden from their king.
(d) Killed one of his people.
5. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
2. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
3. When Iphigenia is telling the King about the young strangers trying to win her heart, what does she claim that she hates?
4. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)