|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
(a) To protect the citizens from harm.
(b) To show reverance for the sun's pure light.
(c) So the Gods will only know their identity.
(d) So people cannot see them.
2. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
3. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Iphigenia, herself.
(c) Some favored guards.
(d) A trusted herdsman.
4. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He threw it out into the sea.
(b) He stabbed the ground.
(c) He came after the herdsman.
(d) He started stabbing the cattle.
5. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
(a) A rose.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A drop of holy water.
(d) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
2. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
3. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
4. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
5. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)