|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
(a) To protect the citizens from harm.
(b) So the Gods will only know their identity.
(c) So people cannot see them.
(d) To show reverance for the sun's pure light.
2. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
(d) The Chorus.
3. When Orestes is speaking of appearing in court for killing his mother, who does he say raised a hand for his acquittal?
(d) The Furies.
4. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
(a) All pollution.
(b) All strangers.
(c) All murderers.
(d) All rituals.
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
(a) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
2. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
3. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "sometimes, somehow, extraordinary misfortune seems to take, by pure chance, some extraordinary turn"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)