|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
(b) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
(c) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(d) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(b) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(c) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(d) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
3. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
(c) Her mother.
4. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
5. In Part 4, Iphigenia returns from the temple and speaks with Orestes and Pylades and hands them her letter. What does she state the letter is written on?
(a) Several folds.
(b) Artemis' prayer.
(c) Protected folds.
(d) One piece of golden paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
2. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
3. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
4. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
5. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)