|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
(a) The image of Artemis.
(b) The king.
(d) Their ship.
2. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
(a) Iphigenia, herself.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) Some favored guards.
(d) A trusted herdsman.
3. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) To speak with the Chorus.
(b) Into the temple.
(c) Into a field.
(d) Down to the shore.
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
(a) He can't, because he is so dumbfounded by her story.
(b) So Orestes can ask questions.
(c) So he can hear the truth.
(d) Because he doesn't know what to say.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was cleaning his clothing.
(b) He was taking a bath.
(c) He was washing his cattle.
(d) He was watching for ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
2. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
5. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)