|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He came after the herdsman.
(b) He started stabbing the cattle.
(c) He stabbed the ground.
(d) He threw it out into the sea.
3. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Bind them and guard them.
(b) Lead them back to the temple.
(c) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
(d) Guard them and leave them unbound.
4. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) A young calf.
(b) Two young lambs.
(c) A pure white dove.
(d) Three chickens.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was watching for ships.
(b) He was taking a bath.
(c) He was washing his cattle.
(d) He was cleaning his clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
2. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
3. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
4. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)