|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
2. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(c) Temple attendants.
3. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Brave.
(b) The Sad.
(c) The Willing.
(d) The Unfortunate.
4. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
5. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
2. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
4. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
5. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)