|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
2. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A heavenly sword.
(b) A family image.
(c) A golden lamb.
(d) A woman.
3. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
(a) To take the statue of Artemis and set it up in Athens.
(b) To taint the statue of Artemis so it is no longer clean.
(c) To break the statue of Artemis on the jagged rocks of Taurus.
(d) To bring the statue of Artemis to him.
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(b) The underworld.
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
2. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
4. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
5. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)