|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "sometimes, somehow, extraordinary misfortune seems to take, by pure chance, some extraordinary turn"?
(b) The Chorus.
3. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) Under some rocks.
(b) In the caves.
(c) On their ship.
(d) In the temple.
4. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
5. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
(a) To show reverance for the sun's pure light.
(b) To protect the citizens from harm.
(c) So the Gods will only know their identity.
(d) So people cannot see them.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
2. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
4. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
5. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)