|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Lead them back to the temple.
(b) Bind them and guard them.
(c) Guard them and leave them unbound.
(d) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
2. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas of the rituals she must perform on the sacrifices, what does she tell King Thoas is needful?
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes is telling Pylades that he must leave and go back home. Orestes tells Pylades that he must go home and perpetuate his name. How does Orestes tell Pylades to perpetuate his name?
(a) To go home to his wife and bear children.
(b) To proclaim his name and his mission to all the inhabitants of Hellas.
(c) To tell everyone about him.
(d) To build an image of him.
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
5. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)