|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas the strangers did to win her heart?
(a) They threatened to kill someone.
(b) They forced her to agree with them.
(c) They kissed her.
(d) They held out pleasing bait.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Olive oil.
(b) The juice of grapes.
(c) Sea water.
(d) Rose water.
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
(b) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
4. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The strangers' bodies.
(b) The fires on the city gates.
(c) The temple laterns.
(d) The red sun.
5. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
(a) The cords that bind the strangers.
(b) A sword.
(c) Her letter.
(d) The image of Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
2. Who is Achilles' father?
3. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
4. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
5. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)