|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
2. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
(a) To bring the statue of Artemis to him.
(b) To take the statue of Artemis and set it up in Athens.
(c) To break the statue of Artemis on the jagged rocks of Taurus.
(d) To taint the statue of Artemis so it is no longer clean.
3. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
(a) That the rites of Artemis be duly ordered.
(b) To find out who the strangers are.
(c) That she find the young men suitable for sacrificing.
(d) To sing a song.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Assassinate him.
(c) Sneak past him.
(d) Overthrow him.
5. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
(a) At the altar.
(b) By the pillars.
(c) At the door.
(d) By the image of Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
3. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas the strangers did to win her heart?
4. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
5. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)