|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To put them on a trail.
(b) To have a feast.
(c) To toss them into the sea.
(d) To sacrifice them.
2. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
(a) Killed one of his people.
(b) Killed a soldier.
(c) Escaped from prison.
(d) Hidden from their king.
3. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(a) His father.
(b) King Thoas.
(c) The Gods.
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
(c) The Chorus.
5. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(b) Her father's villainy.
(c) Achilles' love.
(d) Helen's treachery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
3. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
4. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
5. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)