|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(b) With the Gods.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(b) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
(c) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
(d) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
(a) His mother's.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
5. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
(a) To kiss his wife goodbye.
(b) To build a tomb.
(c) To remember him.
(d) To build a home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "sometimes, somehow, extraordinary misfortune seems to take, by pure chance, some extraordinary turn"?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
3. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
4. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)