|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) A pure white dove.
(b) A young calf.
(c) Two young lambs.
(d) Three chickens.
2. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Give it to Apollo.
(b) Break it.
(c) Throw it into the sea.
(d) Take it back and give it to Athens.
3. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
4. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(c) The Chorus.
5. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
(a) By the pillars.
(b) At the altar.
(c) By the image of Artemis.
(d) At the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
2. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
4. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
5. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)