|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
(a) Because he always wants to know who is being sacrificed at all times.
(b) Because he recognizes them.
(c) Because Iphigenia tells him they are foul with kindred blood.
(d) Because they are strange to him.
2. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
(c) The Chorus.
3. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Orange sun waves.
(b) The Golden horizon.
(c) The Purple Rocks.
(d) The Green Hills.
4. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
5. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
(a) Read them their rights.
(b) Pray to Artemis for their cleanliness.
(c) Follow them to the sea.
(d) Hold his cloak before his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
3. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
4. When Orestes is speaking of appearing in court for killing his mother, who does he say raised a hand for his acquittal?
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)