|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
2. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The strangers' bodies.
(b) The fires on the city gates.
(c) The temple laterns.
(d) The red sun.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
(b) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
(c) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(d) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(b) A magic sword.
(c) The statue of Artemis.
(d) Powerful armor.
5. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
4. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)