|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Apollo.
(b) The world of all the Gods.
(c) The world of Zeus.
(d) The world of Artemis.
4. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Helen's treachery.
(b) Her father's villainy.
(d) Achilles' love.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Overthrow him.
(b) Sneak past him.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Assassinate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
2. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
4. When Iphigenia questions Orestes about Argos in Part 4, who does Orestes say rules Argos?
5. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)