|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To sacrifice them.
(b) To have a feast.
(c) To put them on a trail.
(d) To toss them into the sea.
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(b) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(c) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(d) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Zeus.
(b) The world of Apollo.
(c) The world of all the Gods.
(d) The world of Artemis.
4. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
5. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
3. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
5. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)