|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
(a) That Helen is in Troy.
(b) That Helen is back in Sparta with her first husband.
(c) That Helen has asked for forgiveness.
(d) That Helen is dead.
2. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) King Thoas.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A raging sea.
(b) A blue sea.
(c) An unfriendly sea.
(d) A cold sea.
4. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
5. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
2. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
3. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
4. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
5. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)