|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) A magic sword.
(b) Powerful armor.
(c) The statue of Artemis.
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are comrades.
(b) That they are twin brothers.
(c) That they are just friends.
(d) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
(b) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
(c) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(d) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her love.
5. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(b) The Chorus.
(c) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
2. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
3. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
4. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)