|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Jagged rocks.
(b) Smooth rocks.
(c) Clashing rocks.
(d) Purple rocks.
3. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A family image.
(b) A woman.
(c) A golden lamb.
(d) A heavenly sword.
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(b) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(c) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(d) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
2. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
3. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
4. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
5. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)