|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
(b) The Chorus.
2. Who is Iphigenia's father?
3. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
(a) She will marry him.
(b) She will still sacrifice Pylades.
(c) She will hide him and then help him escape.
(d) She will set him free.
4. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her brother, Orestes.
(b) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her father, Agamemnon.
5. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) The hand of Fate.
(b) Her understanding of war.
(c) Her service in the temple.
(d) Her labors in the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)