|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
(a) Her sword.
(c) Her good luck.
2. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) For his great wisdom.
(c) For the quickness of his sword.
(d) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
3. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
(c) The Chorus.
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
5. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Break it.
(b) Give it to Apollo.
(c) Throw it into the sea.
(d) Take it back and give it to Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
4. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
5. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)