|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A heavenly sword.
(b) A golden lamb.
(c) A family image.
(d) A woman.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) The guards.
(d) The Taurian King.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Rose water.
(b) The juice of grapes.
(c) Olive oil.
(d) Sea water.
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
(c) The Chorus.
5. Who is Achilles' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
2. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
4. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
5. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)