|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) For his great wisdom.
(b) Because of his wealth.
(c) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(d) For the quickness of his sword.
2. Who is Achilles' father?
3. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
4. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
5. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
3. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
5. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)