|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(a) The underworld.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
4. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her mother's lips.
(b) Her sister's lips.
(c) Her father's lips.
(d) Her brother's lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
2. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
3. When Orestes is speaking of appearing in court for killing his mother, who does he say raised a hand for his acquittal?
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
5. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)