|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
(a) Her dressing gown that she used to wear.
(b) A piece of her hair.
(c) The old spear that Pelops hurled.
(d) Her favorite book about the family throne.
2. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(d) The Furies.
3. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Agememnon is king.
(b) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
(c) That Helen was evil.
(d) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes is telling Pylades that he must leave and go back home. Orestes tells Pylades that he must go home and perpetuate his name. How does Orestes tell Pylades to perpetuate his name?
(a) To tell everyone about him.
(b) To go home to his wife and bear children.
(c) To proclaim his name and his mission to all the inhabitants of Hellas.
(d) To build an image of him.
5. In Part 4, Iphigenia returns from the temple and speaks with Orestes and Pylades and hands them her letter. What does she state the letter is written on?
(a) Several folds.
(b) Protected folds.
(c) Artemis' prayer.
(d) One piece of golden paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
2. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
4. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)