|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Rose water.
(b) The juice of grapes.
(c) Olive oil.
(d) Sea water.
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
3. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Give it to Apollo.
(b) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(c) Break it.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
4. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(b) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(c) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(d) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
5. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
(a) To find out who the strangers are.
(b) That she find the young men suitable for sacrificing.
(c) To sing a song.
(d) That the rites of Artemis be duly ordered.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
3. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
4. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
5. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)