|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That she has heard of Hellas.
(b) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(c) That she knows someone from Hellas.
(d) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
2. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(b) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(c) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
(d) Friend, ship, family, and country.
3. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) A magic sword.
(c) The statue of Artemis.
(d) Powerful armor.
4. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
(a) To build a tomb.
(b) To kiss his wife goodbye.
(c) To build a home.
(d) To remember him.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Sneak past him.
(c) Assassinate him.
(d) Overthrow him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
2. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
3. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
4. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)