|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(b) Throw it into the sea.
(c) Give it to Apollo.
(d) Break it.
2. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Helen and Electra.
(b) Atreus and Thyestes.
(c) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(d) Achilles and Electra.
3. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The rocks in the field of cattle.
(b) The image in the temple.
(c) The swords on the ground.
(d) The altar.
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Zeus.
(b) The world of Artemis.
(c) The world of Apollo.
(d) The world of all the Gods.
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
2. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
3. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
5. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)