|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into the temple.
(b) To speak with the Chorus.
(c) Into a field.
(d) Down to the shore.
2. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(b) In the night.
(d) At the break of dawn.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A raging sea.
(b) A cold sea.
(c) An unfriendly sea.
(d) A blue sea.
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are comrades.
(b) That they are twin brothers.
(c) That they are just friends.
(d) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
5. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
(a) To sing a song.
(b) That she find the young men suitable for sacrificing.
(c) That the rites of Artemis be duly ordered.
(d) To find out who the strangers are.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
2. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
3. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)