|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
2. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
3. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
4. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her brother, Orestes.
(b) Her father, Agamemnon.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her betrothed, Achilles.
5. In Part 4, Iphigenia returns from the temple and speaks with Orestes and Pylades and hands them her letter. What does she state the letter is written on?
(a) Artemis' prayer.
(b) Protected folds.
(c) Several folds.
(d) One piece of golden paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
5. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)