|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
(c) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
(b) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
(c) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(d) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Purple Rocks.
(b) The Green Hills.
(c) The Golden horizon.
(d) The Orange sun waves.
5. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
(a) Iphigenia, herself.
(b) Some favored guards.
(c) A trusted herdsman.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
3. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
4. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
5. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)