|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
(b) That they are twin brothers.
(c) That they are comrades.
(d) That they are just friends.
2. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
(d) The Chorus.
3. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(b) At the break of dawn.
(c) In the night.
4. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(a) The herdsman.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) The Chorus.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Sneak past him.
(b) Overthrow him.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Assassinate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
3. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
4. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
5. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)