|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Willing.
(b) The Unfortunate.
(c) The Brave.
(d) The Sad.
2. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) The Gods.
(d) His father.
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) The herdsman.
(d) The Chorus.
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(b) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
(c) Tell her who he really is.
(d) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
2. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
3. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
4. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
5. Who is Pylades' father?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)