|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Rose water.
(b) The juice of grapes.
(c) Sea water.
(d) Olive oil.
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) For his great wisdom.
(b) For the quickness of his sword.
(c) Because of his wealth.
(d) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(a) The guards.
(b) The Taurian King.
(d) The Chorus.
5. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Brave.
(b) The Willing.
(c) The Unfortunate.
(d) The Sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
2. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
3. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
4. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)