|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He threw it out into the sea.
(b) He stabbed the ground.
(c) He came after the herdsman.
(d) He started stabbing the cattle.
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(b) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(c) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(d) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
3. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
4. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
5. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
2. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
3. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
5. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)