|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(c) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(d) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
2. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Iphigenia's room.
(b) The temple of Artemis.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) Orestes' ship.
4. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her labors in the field.
(b) Her service in the temple.
(c) The hand of Fate.
(d) Her understanding of war.
5. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
2. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
3. Who is Achilles' father?
4. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
5. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)