|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(c) In the night.
(d) At the break of dawn.
2. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
3. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) A herdsman.
(d) King Thoas.
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her sister.
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(b) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(c) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(d) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
2. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
3. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
4. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)