|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
(a) Orestes' and Pylades' arms.
(b) Her hair.
(c) The image from the pedestal.
(d) The ropes binding the swords.
2. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
3. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
(b) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
(c) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
(d) She prepares the swords.
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
(c) His mother's.
5. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
2. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
3. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
4. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)