|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Iphigenia's father?
2. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He fights a Cyclops.
(b) He dies.
(c) He prays to Artemis.
(d) He sails on forever on his ship.
3. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(c) The purple east.
4. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
(a) By having them pray to Artemis.
(b) By fire.
(c) By casting water on their heads.
(d) By reading them a sacred poem.
5. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
2. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
3. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
4. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)