|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(b) The herdsman.
(c) The Chorus.
2. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) The guards.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) Temple attendants.
3. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her service in the temple.
(b) The hand of Fate.
(c) Her labors in the field.
(d) Her understanding of war.
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Sea-water and a sword.
(b) A sword and shield.
(c) Wheat and barley.
(d) Barley-meal and holy-water.
5. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
2. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
3. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
4. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
5. Who is Achilles' father?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)