|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(b) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(c) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(d) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(d) The underworld.
3. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(b) A sword and shield.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) Wheat and barley.
5. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
2. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
3. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
4. Who is Achilles' father?
5. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)