|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
(a) His name.
(b) His brother.
(c) His family.
(d) His friend.
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
(a) Orestes' and Pylades' arms.
(b) Her hair.
(c) The ropes binding the swords.
(d) The image from the pedestal.
3. Who is Achilles' father?
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
(a) That the king's son lives nowhere and everywhere.
(b) That he does not live.
(c) That he lives in the afterlife and here on earth.
(d) That he has visited the Gods and lives nowhere.
5. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
2. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
3. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
4. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
5. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)