|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) A member of his own herdsman.
(b) The two young men that came by ship.
(c) Iphigenia herself.
(d) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He started stabbing the cattle.
(b) He threw it out into the sea.
(c) He stabbed the ground.
(d) He came after the herdsman.
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(b) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(c) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(d) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
4. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) The Chorus.
5. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Taurus castle.
(b) The temple of Artemis.
(c) Orestes' ship.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
3. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
4. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
5. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)