|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(b) A sword and shield.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) Wheat and barley.
2. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(a) His father.
(b) The Gods.
(c) King Thoas.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Clashing rocks.
(b) Jagged rocks.
(c) Purple rocks.
(d) Smooth rocks.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
5. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
3. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
4. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
5. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)