|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(b) The underworld.
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) Inside the temple.
(b) To her bedroom.
(c) To the seashore.
(d) To the field with the cattle.
3. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(a) King Thoas.
(c) A herdsman.
4. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
(a) Her sword.
(d) Her good luck.
5. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(c) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(d) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
2. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
3. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
4. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)