|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(b) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(c) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(d) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
3. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into the temple.
(b) Down to the shore.
(c) To speak with the Chorus.
(d) Into a field.
4. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) A member of his own herdsman.
(b) The two young men that came by ship.
(c) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(d) Iphigenia herself.
5. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(d) Temple attendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
3. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
4. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
5. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)