|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
3. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(a) King Thoas.
(d) A herdsman.
4. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He fights a Cyclops.
(b) He sails on forever on his ship.
(c) He dies.
(d) He prays to Artemis.
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
2. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
3. Who is Iphigenia's father?
4. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)