|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(b) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(c) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(d) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
2. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
(b) That she has heard of Hellas.
(c) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(d) That she knows someone from Hellas.
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of all the Gods.
(b) The world of Apollo.
(c) The world of Artemis.
(d) The world of Zeus.
4. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He prays to Artemis.
(b) He dies.
(c) He fights a Cyclops.
(d) He sails on forever on his ship.
5. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) The two young men that came by ship.
(b) Iphigenia herself.
(c) A member of his own herdsman.
(d) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
3. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
5. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)