|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
(c) His mother's.
3. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(a) The Gods.
(b) King Thoas.
(d) His father.
4. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) A herdsman.
(d) King Thoas.
5. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(b) Helen's treachery.
(c) Achilles' love.
(d) Her father's villainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
2. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
3. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
4. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
5. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)