|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) Tell her who he really is.
(b) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
(c) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(d) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
2. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She prepares the swords.
(b) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
(c) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
(d) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
3. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
4. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) At the break of dawn.
(b) In the night.
5. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
2. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
3. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
4. Who is Achilles' father?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)