|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(c) The purple east.
2. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) King Thoas' armor.
(b) A shield from Apollo.
(c) The statue of Artemis.
(d) A dead corpse.
3. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
5. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
2. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
3. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
4. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
5. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)