|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
(b) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
(c) Because she "sings a song of death".
(d) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
2. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Taurus castle.
(b) The temple of Artemis.
(c) Orestes' ship.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
4. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) For his great wisdom.
(b) For the quickness of his sword.
(c) Because of his wealth.
(d) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
5. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
2. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
4. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
5. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)