|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
2. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
3. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
(b) Because she "sings a song of death".
(c) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
(d) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
(a) That he has visited the Gods and lives nowhere.
(b) That he does not live.
(c) That the king's son lives nowhere and everywhere.
(d) That he lives in the afterlife and here on earth.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
3. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
4. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
5. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)