|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(b) His father.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) The Gods.
3. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(d) The Chorus.
4. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
5. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her sister, Electra.
(b) Her father, Agamemnon.
(c) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(d) Her brother, Orestes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
3. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
4. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)