|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(b) Her brother, Orestes.
(c) Her father, Agamemnon.
(d) Her sister, Electra.
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her friends.
3. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Bind them and guard them.
(b) Lead them back to the temple.
(c) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
(d) Guard them and leave them unbound.
4. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
2. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
3. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
4. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)