|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(b) The underworld.
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) The temple of Artemis.
(b) Orestes' ship.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
3. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
4. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Achilles' love.
(b) Helen's treachery.
(c) Her father's villainy.
5. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(b) The Gods.
(c) His father.
(d) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
2. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
3. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
5. Who is Achilles' father?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)