|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(b) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(c) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(d) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
2. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Pigs of Hellas.
(b) Horses of Hellas.
(c) Servants of Hellas.
(d) Sheep of Hellas.
3. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(b) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
(c) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
(d) Tell her who he really is.
5. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(b) The herdsman.
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
3. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
4. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
5. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)