|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
(a) That Helen is in Troy.
(b) That Helen has asked for forgiveness.
(c) That Helen is dead.
(d) That Helen is back in Sparta with her first husband.
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(b) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(c) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(d) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
3. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
(b) Because she was taken from her family.
(c) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(d) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(b) The statue of Artemis.
(c) Powerful armor.
(d) A magic sword.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was taking a bath.
(b) He was washing his cattle.
(c) He was watching for ships.
(d) He was cleaning his clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
4. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)