|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
2. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(d) With the Gods.
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Taurus castle.
(b) Orestes' ship.
(c) The temple of Artemis.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
4. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The herdsman.
5. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) King Thoas' armor.
(b) A dead corpse.
(c) The statue of Artemis.
(d) A shield from Apollo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
3. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
4. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
5. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)