|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
2. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(a) King Thoas.
(b) A herdsman.
3. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into the temple.
(b) Down to the shore.
(c) Into a field.
(d) To speak with the Chorus.
4. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
(b) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
(c) Because she "sings a song of death".
(d) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
3. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
4. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)