|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) In the night.
(c) At the break of dawn.
2. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(b) The Gods.
(c) His father.
(d) King Thoas.
3. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
5. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her understanding of war.
(b) Her labors in the field.
(c) The hand of Fate.
(d) Her service in the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
2. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
3. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
4. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
5. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)