|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
3. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That she knows someone from Hellas.
(b) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(c) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
(d) That she has heard of Hellas.
4. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
5. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(d) With the Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
3. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
4. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)