|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) Wheat and barley.
2. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(c) The purple east.
3. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(b) The Chorus.
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Apollo.
(b) The world of all the Gods.
(c) The world of Artemis.
(d) The world of Zeus.
5. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(d) The Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
2. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
3. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
4. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
5. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)