|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(b) Her brother, Orestes.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her father, Agamemnon.
2. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(b) The Furies.
3. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Sea-water and a sword.
(b) Wheat and barley.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) Barley-meal and holy-water.
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
3. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
5. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)