|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
(b) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(c) Because she was taken from her family.
(d) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He started stabbing the cattle.
(b) He came after the herdsman.
(c) He threw it out into the sea.
(d) He stabbed the ground.
3. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) The statue of Artemis.
(c) A magic sword.
(d) Powerful armor.
5. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(b) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
(c) That she knows someone from Hellas.
(d) That she has heard of Hellas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
2. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
4. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
5. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)