|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
(a) That Helen is in Troy.
(b) That Helen is dead.
(c) That Helen is back in Sparta with her first husband.
(d) That Helen has asked for forgiveness.
2. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A deer.
3. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her understanding of war.
(b) Her service in the temple.
(c) Her labors in the field.
(d) The hand of Fate.
4. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
5. Who is Achilles' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
2. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
4. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
5. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)