|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) Iphigenia herself.
(b) The two young men that came by ship.
(c) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(d) A member of his own herdsman.
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
(a) The image from the pedestal.
(b) The ropes binding the swords.
(c) Orestes' and Pylades' arms.
(d) Her hair.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) An unfriendly sea.
(b) A blue sea.
(c) A raging sea.
(d) A cold sea.
4. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her service in the temple.
(b) Her labors in the field.
(c) The hand of Fate.
(d) Her understanding of war.
5. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That she knows someone from Hellas.
(b) That she has heard of Hellas.
(c) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(d) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
2. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
3. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
5. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)