|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(d) Temple attendants.
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(a) The herdsman.
(c) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) The Chorus.
3. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
4. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Taurus castle.
(b) Orestes' ship.
(c) The temple of Artemis.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
5. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
2. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
4. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
5. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)