|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her sister's lips.
(b) Her mother's lips.
(c) Her father's lips.
(d) Her brother's lips.
3. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He fights a Cyclops.
(b) He sails on forever on his ship.
(c) He dies.
(d) He prays to Artemis.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Sea water.
(b) Olive oil.
(c) Rose water.
(d) The juice of grapes.
5. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
2. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
3. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
4. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
5. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)