|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He sails on forever on his ship.
(b) He prays to Artemis.
(c) He fights a Cyclops.
(d) He dies.
3. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Helen was evil.
(b) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
(c) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
(d) That Agememnon is king.
4. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(c) King Thoas.
(d) A herdsman.
5. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
2. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
3. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)