|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are just friends.
(b) That they are comrades.
(c) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
(d) That they are twin brothers.
2. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(b) Run away.
(c) Kill someone.
(d) Steal some horses.
3. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
4. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(d) Temple attendants.
5. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) Powerful armor.
(c) A magic sword.
(d) The statue of Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
2. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
4. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
5. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)