|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(b) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
(c) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
(d) Tell her who he really is.
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To put them on a trail.
(b) To have a feast.
(c) To sacrifice them.
(d) To toss them into the sea.
3. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A pig.
(c) A deer.
(d) A horse.
4. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
5. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
(a) That he lives in the afterlife and here on earth.
(b) That the king's son lives nowhere and everywhere.
(c) That he does not live.
(d) That he has visited the Gods and lives nowhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
2. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
3. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
4. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
5. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)