|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Jagged rocks.
(b) Smooth rocks.
(c) Purple rocks.
(d) Clashing rocks.
2. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That she has heard of Hellas.
(b) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(c) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
(d) That she knows someone from Hellas.
3. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
4. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The guards.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) Temple attendants.
5. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
2. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
3. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
4. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
5. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)