|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(a) King Thoas.
(c) The Gods.
(d) His father.
2. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
3. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pig.
(d) A deer.
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Apollo.
(b) The world of Artemis.
(c) The world of all the Gods.
(d) The world of Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
2. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
3. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
4. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
5. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)