|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
2. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) For the quickness of his sword.
(c) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(d) For his great wisdom.
4. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
(b) Lead them back to the temple.
(c) Bind them and guard them.
(d) Guard them and leave them unbound.
5. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A pig.
(b) A deer.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
2. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
3. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
4. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)