|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
(b) Bind them and guard them.
(c) Guard them and leave them unbound.
(d) Lead them back to the temple.
2. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
3. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(b) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(c) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
(d) Husband, child, city, and friend.
4. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she "sings a song of death".
(b) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
(c) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
(d) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
5. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(d) Temple attendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
3. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
4. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
5. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)