|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
3. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
4. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
(b) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
(c) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
(d) She prepares the swords.
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
2. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
3. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
5. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)