|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Achilles' father?
2. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(c) Her father.
3. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
4. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(b) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(c) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
(d) Friend, ship, family, and country.
5. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He dies.
(b) He sails on forever on his ship.
(c) He fights a Cyclops.
(d) He prays to Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
2. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
5. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)