|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(b) Temple attendants.
2. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) Iphigenia herself.
(b) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(c) A member of his own herdsman.
(d) The two young men that came by ship.
3. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) A shield from Apollo.
(b) King Thoas' armor.
(c) The statue of Artemis.
(d) A dead corpse.
4. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Servants of Hellas.
(b) Horses of Hellas.
(c) Pigs of Hellas.
(d) Sheep of Hellas.
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To put them on a trail.
(b) To toss them into the sea.
(c) To sacrifice them.
(d) To have a feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
4. Who is Achilles' father?
5. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)