|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A raging sea.
(b) A blue sea.
(c) An unfriendly sea.
(d) A cold sea.
3. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
4. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
5. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(c) Temple attendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
4. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)