|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
2. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Wheat and barley.
(c) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(d) Sea-water and a sword.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Purple rocks.
(b) Jagged rocks.
(c) Smooth rocks.
(d) Clashing rocks.
4. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) The statue of Artemis.
(b) King Thoas' armor.
(c) A dead corpse.
(d) A shield from Apollo.
5. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) A herdsman.
(d) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
2. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
3. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
5. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)