|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into the temple.
(b) Into a field.
(c) To speak with the Chorus.
(d) Down to the shore.
2. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
(b) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
(c) She prepares the swords.
(d) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her family.
4. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her service in the temple.
(b) The hand of Fate.
(c) Her labors in the field.
(d) Her understanding of war.
5. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(b) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(c) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(d) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
4. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)