|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(d) The Furies.
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her family.
3. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
4. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) At the break of dawn.
(b) In the night.
5. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
2. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
3. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
4. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
5. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)