|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Sheep of Hellas.
(b) Horses of Hellas.
(c) Servants of Hellas.
(d) Pigs of Hellas.
2. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She prepares the swords.
(b) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
(c) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
(d) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her family.
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(a) Her father.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was watching for ships.
(b) He was cleaning his clothing.
(c) He was washing his cattle.
(d) He was taking a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
2. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
3. Who is Achilles' father?
4. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)