|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He threw it out into the sea.
(b) He started stabbing the cattle.
(c) He stabbed the ground.
(d) He came after the herdsman.
2. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(d) Her father.
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Orestes' ship.
(b) The temple of Artemis.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
4. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(b) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
(c) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(d) Husband, child, city, and friend.
5. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(a) Kill someone.
(b) Steal some horses.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
2. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
3. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
4. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
5. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)