|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
2. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
3. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
4. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A pig.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A horse.
(d) A deer.
5. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her brother, Orestes.
(b) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(c) Her father, Agamemnon.
(d) Her sister, Electra.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
2. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
4. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
5. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)