|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) The two young men that came by ship.
(b) Iphigenia herself.
(c) A member of his own herdsman.
(d) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
2. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The altar.
(b) The swords on the ground.
(c) The image in the temple.
(d) The rocks in the field of cattle.
3. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
4. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) King Thoas.
(d) A herdsman.
5. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(b) The purple east.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
2. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
3. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
4. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
5. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)