|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
2. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(c) Her father.
3. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) To speak with the Chorus.
(b) Into a field.
(c) Into the temple.
(d) Down to the shore.
4. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(c) Give it to Apollo.
(d) Break it.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To the field with the cattle.
(b) To her bedroom.
(c) To the seashore.
(d) Inside the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
2. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
4. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
5. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)