|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(c) A herdsman.
(d) King Thoas.
2. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(b) King Thoas.
(d) The Chorus.
3. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
4. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(a) Steal some horses.
(b) Run away.
(d) Kill someone.
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
2. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
3. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
4. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)