|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) In the caves.
(b) On their ship.
(c) Under some rocks.
(d) In the temple.
2. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Wheat and barley.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) Barley-meal and holy-water.
3. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
4. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) A dead corpse.
(b) King Thoas' armor.
(c) A shield from Apollo.
(d) The statue of Artemis.
5. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Break it.
(b) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(c) Give it to Apollo.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
3. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
5. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)