|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A horse.
(b) A deer.
(c) A pig.
(d) A lamb.
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her father's lips.
(b) Her brother's lips.
(c) Her sister's lips.
(d) Her mother's lips.
4. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
5. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
2. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
3. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
5. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)