|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her understanding of war.
(b) Her service in the temple.
(c) The hand of Fate.
(d) Her labors in the field.
2. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Give it to Apollo.
(b) Break it.
(c) Throw it into the sea.
(d) Take it back and give it to Athens.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A raging sea.
(b) A blue sea.
(c) An unfriendly sea.
(d) A cold sea.
4. Who is Achilles' father?
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To toss them into the sea.
(b) To have a feast.
(c) To sacrifice them.
(d) To put them on a trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
2. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
5. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)