|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) A sword and shield.
(c) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(d) Sea-water and a sword.
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He stabbed the ground.
(b) He started stabbing the cattle.
(c) He threw it out into the sea.
(d) He came after the herdsman.
3. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(b) Temple attendants.
4. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(b) Throw it into the sea.
(c) Give it to Apollo.
(d) Break it.
5. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(b) King Thoas.
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
2. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
4. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
5. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)