|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her brother's lips.
(b) Her sister's lips.
(c) Her father's lips.
(d) Her mother's lips.
2. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
(b) Because she "sings a song of death".
(c) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
(d) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
3. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Helen's treachery.
(c) Her father's villainy.
(d) Achilles' love.
4. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
5. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) Powerful armor.
(c) A magic sword.
(d) The statue of Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
3. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
4. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
5. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)