|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
2. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her friends.
4. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) For the quickness of his sword.
(b) For his great wisdom.
(c) Because of his wealth.
(d) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
5. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
2. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
3. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
5. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)