|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
2. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her understanding of war.
(b) The hand of Fate.
(c) Her service in the temple.
(d) Her labors in the field.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A blue sea.
(b) An unfriendly sea.
(c) A cold sea.
(d) A raging sea.
4. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
5. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
2. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
3. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
4. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
5. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)