|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into the temple.
(b) Into a field.
(c) Down to the shore.
(d) To speak with the Chorus.
2. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) At the break of dawn.
(c) In the night.
3. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(c) Her father.
4. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The rocks in the field of cattle.
(b) The swords on the ground.
(c) The altar.
(d) The image in the temple.
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
2. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
5. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)