|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) King Thoas.
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Iphigenia's room.
(b) Taurus castle.
(c) The temple of Artemis.
(d) Orestes' ship.
3. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) In the night.
(c) At the break of dawn.
4. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(b) The Furies.
5. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) For the quickness of his sword.
(b) For his great wisdom.
(c) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(d) Because of his wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
2. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
3. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
4. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
5. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)