|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) For his great wisdom.
(b) For the quickness of his sword.
(c) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(d) Because of his wealth.
2. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
3. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A deer.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
4. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Orestes' ship.
(b) Iphigenia's room.
(c) The temple of Artemis.
(d) Taurus castle.
5. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
2. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
3. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
4. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
5. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)