|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) Powerful armor.
(b) The statue of Artemis.
(d) A magic sword.
2. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He dies.
(b) He fights a Cyclops.
(c) He sails on forever on his ship.
(d) He prays to Artemis.
3. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) In the caves.
(b) In the temple.
(c) On their ship.
(d) Under some rocks.
4. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) A dead corpse.
(b) A shield from Apollo.
(c) King Thoas' armor.
(d) The statue of Artemis.
5. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
2. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
5. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)