|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Iphigenia's room.
(b) The temple of Artemis.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) Orestes' ship.
2. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) For the quickness of his sword.
(b) Because of his wealth.
(c) For his great wisdom.
(d) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
3. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into a field.
(b) Down to the shore.
(c) Into the temple.
(d) To speak with the Chorus.
4. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
5. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(b) Kill someone.
(c) Steal some horses.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
2. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
3. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
4. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
5. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)