|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
2. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(b) Steal some horses.
(c) Kill someone.
(d) Run away.
3. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A deer.
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(b) The statue of Artemis.
(c) A magic sword.
(d) Powerful armor.
5. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) In the night.
(b) At the break of dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
2. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
3. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
4. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
5. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)