|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) To speak with the Chorus.
(b) Into the temple.
(c) Into a field.
(d) Down to the shore.
2. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
3. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(b) Run away.
(c) Steal some horses.
(d) Kill someone.
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) A magic sword.
(b) Powerful armor.
(c) The statue of Artemis.
5. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Orestes' ship.
(b) Iphigenia's room.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) The temple of Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
2. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
3. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
4. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
5. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)