|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
2. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into a field.
(b) Into the temple.
(c) Down to the shore.
(d) To speak with the Chorus.
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(c) For his great wisdom.
(d) For the quickness of his sword.
4. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
5. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
2. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
3. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
4. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)