|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) The statue of Artemis.
(b) A magic sword.
(d) Powerful armor.
3. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A deer.
4. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Break it.
(c) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(d) Give it to Apollo.
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
2. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
4. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
5. Who is Iphigenia's father?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)