|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
2. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
3. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A pig.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A horse.
(d) A deer.
4. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(b) With the Gods.
5. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into a field.
(b) Into the temple.
(c) Down to the shore.
(d) To speak with the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
2. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
3. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
4. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
5. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)