|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) The statue of Artemis.
(b) A dead corpse.
(c) King Thoas' armor.
(d) A shield from Apollo.
2. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
3. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) The Chorus.
4. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(c) In the night.
(d) At the break of dawn.
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
4. Who is Iphigenia's father?
5. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)