|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
3. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She prepares the swords.
(b) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
(c) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
(d) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
4. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
5. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) Orestes and Pylades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
2. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
3. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
4. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
5. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)