|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(a) Run away.
(b) Steal some horses.
(d) Kill someone.
2. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(d) The Furies.
3. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
4. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
5. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
2. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
3. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
5. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)