|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
2. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
3. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(a) With the Gods.
4. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Down to the shore.
(b) Into a field.
(c) Into the temple.
(d) To speak with the Chorus.
5. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
2. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
3. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
4. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
5. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)