|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
2. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) The statue of Artemis.
(b) A shield from Apollo.
(c) A dead corpse.
(d) King Thoas' armor.
3. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He dies.
(b) He fights a Cyclops.
(c) He sails on forever on his ship.
(d) He prays to Artemis.
4. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
(a) A deer.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
5. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(d) With the Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
2. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
4. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)