|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He prays to Artemis.
(b) He fights a Cyclops.
(c) He dies.
(d) He sails on forever on his ship.
2. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The swords on the ground.
(b) The rocks in the field of cattle.
(c) The image in the temple.
(d) The altar.
3. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(d) With the Gods.
4. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
(b) That Helen was evil.
(c) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
(d) That Agememnon is king.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) The Taurian King.
(d) The guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
2. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
3. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas about the young strangers in Part 5, what is the reason she tells King Thoas that she recognized the "stain" on them?
5. When the Chorus is speaking in the beginning of Part 6, what is the second stanza of the poem called?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)