|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking about sending Iphigenia's letter back home, who does Iphigenia say will see Pylades on board the ship?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) A trusted herdsman.
(c) Some favored guards.
(d) Iphigenia, herself.
2. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) In the night.
(b) At the break of dawn.
3. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
(a) The guards.
(b) King Thoas.
(c) Temple attendants.
(d) The Chorus.
4. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
5. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Sea-water and a sword.
(c) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(d) Wheat and barley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "sometimes, somehow, extraordinary misfortune seems to take, by pure chance, some extraordinary turn"?
3. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
4. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
5. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)