|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
2. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
(a) She calls to King Thoas.
(b) She raises the image.
(c) She calls out Artemis' name.
(d) She raises her arms to Zeus.
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
(b) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(c) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
(d) Tell her who he really is.
4. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To put them on a trail.
(b) To have a feast.
(c) To sacrifice them.
(d) To toss them into the sea.
5. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(b) King Thoas.
(c) The Gods.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
3. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
5. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)