|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
(a) To find out who the strangers are.
(b) That the rites of Artemis be duly ordered.
(c) That she find the young men suitable for sacrificing.
(d) To sing a song.
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
(b) That they are comrades.
(c) That they are just friends.
(d) That they are twin brothers.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Sea water.
(b) Rose water.
(c) The juice of grapes.
(d) Olive oil.
4. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
(d) The guards.
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
2. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
3. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
4. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
5. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)