|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Taurian King.
(d) The guards.
2. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He dies.
(b) He sails on forever on his ship.
(c) He prays to Artemis.
(d) He fights a Cyclops.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Olive oil.
(b) Rose water.
(c) Sea water.
(d) The juice of grapes.
4. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) Three chickens.
(b) Two young lambs.
(c) A young calf.
(d) A pure white dove.
5. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
(a) Her care and piety.
(b) Her love and purity.
(c) Her carefulness and swiftness.
(d) Her loyalty and concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
2. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
4. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas of the rituals she must perform on the sacrifices, what does she tell King Thoas is needful?
5. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)