|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was watching for ships.
(b) He was washing his cattle.
(c) He was cleaning his clothing.
(d) He was taking a bath.
2. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
3. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
(a) Orestes and Iphigenia.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) His guards.
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A family image.
(b) A woman.
(c) A golden lamb.
(d) A heavenly sword.
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
(a) He can't, because he is so dumbfounded by her story.
(b) So he can hear the truth.
(c) Because he doesn't know what to say.
(d) So Orestes can ask questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
2. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
3. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
4. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
5. Who is Achilles' father?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)