|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her labors in the field.
(b) Her understanding of war.
(c) Her service in the temple.
(d) The hand of Fate.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Olive oil.
(b) The juice of grapes.
(c) Rose water.
(d) Sea water.
3. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
4. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Servants of Hellas.
(b) Sheep of Hellas.
(c) Pigs of Hellas.
(d) Horses of Hellas.
5. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) A sword and shield.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) Barley-meal and holy-water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
2. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
3. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
4. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
5. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)