|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
(a) The statue of Artemis.
(b) A dead corpse.
(c) King Thoas' armor.
(d) A shield from Apollo.
2. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
3. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her sister, Electra.
(b) Her brother, Orestes.
(c) Her father, Agamemnon.
(d) Her betrothed, Achilles.
4. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
5. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
(a) That the rites of Artemis be duly ordered.
(b) To sing a song.
(c) To find out who the strangers are.
(d) That she find the young men suitable for sacrificing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
2. When Iphigenia questions Orestes about Argos in Part 4, who does Orestes say rules Argos?
3. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
4. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
5. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)