|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He came after the herdsman.
(b) He threw it out into the sea.
(c) He started stabbing the cattle.
(d) He stabbed the ground.
2. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
(a) His friend.
(b) His name.
(c) His family.
(d) His brother.
3. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
(a) Because he always wants to know who is being sacrificed at all times.
(b) Because Iphigenia tells him they are foul with kindred blood.
(c) Because they are strange to him.
(d) Because he recognizes them.
4. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
5. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to Orestes and Pylades in Part 4 about taking her message back home, who does Iphigenia tell Pylades saved her from her father's hand?
3. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
4. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
5. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)