|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
2. When Iphigenia speaks of the statue of Artemis, she tells Orestes in Part 4 that only one person is allowed to touch it. Who is that person?
(b) One member of The Chorus.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) One of the temple attendants.
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Iphigenia's room.
(b) Taurus castle.
(c) Orestes' ship.
(d) The temple of Artemis.
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(b) Her father.
5. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(b) That she knows someone from Hellas.
(c) That she has heard of Hellas.
(d) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
3. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
4. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
5. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)