|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
(a) She will marry him.
(b) She will hide him and then help him escape.
(c) She will set him free.
(d) She will still sacrifice Pylades.
2. At the opening of Part 5 of Iphigenia of Taurus, which single person enters the scene?
3. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) A herdsman.
(c) King Thoas.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Rose water.
(b) The juice of grapes.
(c) Sea water.
(d) Olive oil.
5. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(c) For his great wisdom.
(d) For the quickness of his sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
2. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas he must do when the men come from the temple?
3. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
4. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)