|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas of the rituals she must perform on the sacrifices, what does she tell King Thoas is needful?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
3. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
(a) Escaped from prison.
(b) Killed a soldier.
(c) Killed one of his people.
(d) Hidden from their king.
4. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(c) King Thoas.
(d) A herdsman.
5. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Achilles and Electra.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(c) Atreus and Thyestes.
(d) Helen and Electra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
2. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
3. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
4. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
5. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)