|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Unfortunate.
(b) The Brave.
(c) The Willing.
(d) The Sad.
2. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Orange sun waves.
(b) The Golden horizon.
(c) The Purple Rocks.
(d) The Green Hills.
3. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Down to the shore.
(b) Into a field.
(c) Into the temple.
(d) To speak with the Chorus.
4. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
(a) His brother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His name.
(d) His family.
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Apollo.
(b) The world of Artemis.
(c) The world of Zeus.
(d) The world of all the Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
2. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
4. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
5. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)