|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
2. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
(a) The Chorus.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Sneak past him.
(c) Overthrow him.
(d) Kidnap him.
4. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) A member of his own herdsman.
(b) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(c) Iphigenia herself.
(d) The two young men that came by ship.
5. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
(b) Guards and temple attendants.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
2. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes is telling Pylades that he must leave and go back home. Orestes tells Pylades that he must go home and perpetuate his name. How does Orestes tell Pylades to perpetuate his name?
4. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
5. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)