|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. Who are Artemis' parents?
(a) Zeus and Leto.
(b) Apollo and Leto.
(c) Apollo and Athena.
(d) Zeus and Athena.
3. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Brave.
(b) The Willing.
(c) The Unfortunate.
(d) The Sad.
4. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
(a) So the Gods will only know their identity.
(b) To show reverance for the sun's pure light.
(c) To protect the citizens from harm.
(d) So people cannot see them.
5. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
(a) The image of Artemis.
(b) The king.
(c) Their ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
4. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)