|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas about the young strangers in Part 5, what is the reason she tells King Thoas that she recognized the "stain" on them?
(a) She could hear the Furies.
(b) Artemis whispered their wrongdoings to her.
(c) The holy image turned away.
(d) She saw it in their eyes.
2. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
(a) Killed a soldier.
(b) Escaped from prison.
(c) Hidden from their king.
(d) Killed one of his people.
3. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
4. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
5. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) For the quickness of his sword.
(c) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(d) For his great wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
3. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
4. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
5. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)