|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(b) The underworld.
2. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
3. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
(a) That the strangers get a chance to speak.
(b) That the strangers remain unbound.
(c) That the strangers do not know where they are.
(d) That the strangers' arms be bound with cords.
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
(d) The Chorus.
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To toss them into the sea.
(b) To have a feast.
(c) To put them on a trail.
(d) To sacrifice them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
2. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
3. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
5. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)