|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
(b) Because she "sings a song of death".
(c) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
(d) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
2. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Temple attendants.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) The guards.
3. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
4. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(a) Throw rocks at the strangers.
(b) Remain inside their houses.
(d) Pray to Artemis.
5. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
2. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
3. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
4. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
5. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)