|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He came after the herdsman.
(b) He started stabbing the cattle.
(c) He threw it out into the sea.
(d) He stabbed the ground.
2. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
(c) The Chorus.
4. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(a) The Gods.
(b) King Thoas.
(c) His father.
5. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
(a) It rocked back and forth and spoke.
(b) Its eyelids closed.
(c) It fell.
(d) It raised its sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
2. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
4. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
5. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)