|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
(a) The Chorus.
2. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Horses of Hellas.
(b) Pigs of Hellas.
(c) Servants of Hellas.
(d) Sheep of Hellas.
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, he tells her about her wedding day. Who does Orestes claim sent holy water on Iphigenia's wedding day?
(a) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
4. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
(a) To bring the statue of Artemis to him.
(b) To take the statue of Artemis and set it up in Athens.
(c) To taint the statue of Artemis so it is no longer clean.
(d) To break the statue of Artemis on the jagged rocks of Taurus.
5. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
3. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
4. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)