|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
2. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) On their ship.
(b) In the temple.
(c) Under some rocks.
(d) In the caves.
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To the field with the cattle.
(b) Inside the temple.
(c) To the seashore.
(d) To her bedroom.
4. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Iphigenia's room.
(b) Orestes' ship.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) The temple of Artemis.
5. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
(b) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
(c) Because she "sings a song of death".
(d) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
2. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
5. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)