|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her mother's lips.
(b) Her sister's lips.
(c) Her father's lips.
(d) Her brother's lips.
3. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Orestes' ship.
(b) Taurus castle.
(c) The temple of Artemis.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
5. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(b) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
(c) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(d) Husband, child, city, and friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
5. Who is Achilles' father?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)