|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(b) At the break of dawn.
(d) In the night.
2. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
3. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
4. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(b) Her father, Agamemnon.
(c) Her brother, Orestes.
(d) Her sister, Electra.
5. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
2. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
3. What takes Iphigenia's place on the altar to be sacrificed instead?
4. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)