|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Give it to Apollo.
(b) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(c) Break it.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
2. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
5. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her brother, Orestes.
(b) Her sister, Electra.
(c) Her father, Agamemnon.
(d) Her betrothed, Achilles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
3. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
4. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
5. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)