|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her father's lips.
(b) Her brother's lips.
(c) Her sister's lips.
(d) Her mother's lips.
3. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(a) King Thoas.
(d) A herdsman.
4. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
(b) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
(c) She prepares the swords.
(d) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
5. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(b) The statue of Artemis.
(c) Powerful armor.
(d) A magic sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
3. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
4. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)