|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(b) The underworld.
3. In Iphigenia's dream, where does she dream that she has escaped to live?
(c) With the Gods.
4. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To have a feast.
(b) To sacrifice them.
(c) To put them on a trail.
(d) To toss them into the sea.
5. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) To speak with the Chorus.
(b) Down to the shore.
(c) Into the temple.
(d) Into a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
2. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
3. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
4. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
5. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)