|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) A member of his own herdsman.
(b) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(c) The two young men that came by ship.
(d) Iphigenia herself.
2. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) Under some rocks.
(b) On their ship.
(c) In the temple.
(d) In the caves.
3. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was cleaning his clothing.
(b) He was washing his cattle.
(c) He was watching for ships.
(d) He was taking a bath.
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Smooth rocks.
(b) Purple rocks.
(c) Clashing rocks.
(d) Jagged rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
2. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
3. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
4. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
5. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)