|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
3. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
4. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was watching for ships.
(b) He was taking a bath.
(c) He was cleaning his clothing.
(d) He was washing his cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
4. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)