|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her sister.
2. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
3. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He fights a Cyclops.
(b) He prays to Artemis.
(c) He sails on forever on his ship.
(d) He dies.
4. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
5. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
3. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)