|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
2. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
(b) Because she "sings a song of death".
(c) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
(d) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
3. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Helen's treachery.
(c) Her father's villainy.
(d) Achilles' love.
4. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Purple rocks.
(b) Smooth rocks.
(c) Clashing rocks.
(d) Jagged rocks.
5. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
3. Who is Iphigenia's father?
4. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
5. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)