|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To put them on a trail.
(b) To toss them into the sea.
(c) To have a feast.
(d) To sacrifice them.
2. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(c) A herdsman.
(d) King Thoas.
3. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) At the break of dawn.
(c) In the night.
4. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
5. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
(b) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she was taken from her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
2. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
3. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
4. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
5. Who is Achilles' father?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)