|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(c) The underworld.
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Orestes' ship.
(b) The temple of Artemis.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A raging sea.
(b) A cold sea.
(c) An unfriendly sea.
(d) A blue sea.
4. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
(a) He dies.
(b) He fights a Cyclops.
(c) He sails on forever on his ship.
(d) He prays to Artemis.
5. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
2. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
3. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
4. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)