|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) The temple of Artemis.
(b) Orestes' ship.
(c) Iphigenia's room.
(d) Taurus castle.
3. When Orestes cries to Phoebus, who does he claim he has killed?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
4. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
5. Where does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes hide so that they are not captured?
(a) In the caves.
(b) Under some rocks.
(c) In the temple.
(d) On their ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
2. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
5. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)