|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
(a) Smooth rocks.
(b) Clashing rocks.
(c) Jagged rocks.
(d) Purple rocks.
3. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her father, Agamemnon.
(b) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(c) Her brother, Orestes.
(d) Her sister, Electra.
4. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Orestes' ship.
(b) Iphigenia's room.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) The temple of Artemis.
5. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
2. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
3. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
4. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
5. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)