|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Orestes finds the item he is searching for in Taurus, what is he required to do with it?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Give it to Apollo.
(c) Take it back and give it to Athens.
(d) Break it.
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He stabbed the ground.
(b) He started stabbing the cattle.
(c) He came after the herdsman.
(d) He threw it out into the sea.
3. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) A herdsman.
(d) King Thoas.
4. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(b) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(c) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(d) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
5. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
4. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)