Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
(a) She prays for all the citizens of Taurus.
(b) She prepares victims for sacrifice, but does not perform the actual sacrifice.
(c) She prepares the swords.
(d) She waxes the statue of Artemis.
2. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
(a) Her father.
3. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
4. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
(b) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
2. When Pylades is telling Orestes in Part 4 that he will not leave Orestes behind to be sacrificed by himself, he tells Orestes that he will give his body along with Orestes to what two things?
3. Who is Iphigenia's mother?
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
5. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)