|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Golden horizon.
(b) The Orange sun waves.
(c) The Green Hills.
(d) The Purple Rocks.
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
(a) Her sister's lips.
(b) Her brother's lips.
(c) Her father's lips.
(d) Her mother's lips.
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia that he is her brother, what does he tell her is hidden in her own room in their father's palace?
(a) A piece of her hair.
(b) Her favorite book about the family throne.
(c) The old spear that Pelops hurled.
(d) Her dressing gown that she used to wear.
4. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
(a) The Chorus.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
(b) The Taurian King.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
4. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)