|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(b) Her father, Agamemnon.
(c) Her brother, Orestes.
(d) Her sister, Electra.
2. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
3. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
(a) That Helen is back in Sparta with her first husband.
(b) That Helen is dead.
(c) That Helen has asked for forgiveness.
(d) That Helen is in Troy.
4. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
5. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Her father's villainy.
(c) Helen's treachery.
(d) Achilles' love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who claims that Phoebus' pronouncements are no help to them?
2. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
3. What happens to the person that Iphigenia sees in her dream?
4. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
5. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)