|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) King Thoas.
2. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(b) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(c) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(d) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
3. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are just friends.
(b) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
(c) That they are twin brothers.
(d) That they are comrades.
4. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
(b) Her mother.
5. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
(a) The Green Hills.
(b) The Purple Rocks.
(c) The Golden horizon.
(d) The Orange sun waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
5. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)