|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
2. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
(a) To kiss his wife goodbye.
(b) To remember him.
(c) To build a tomb.
(d) To build a home.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
(b) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(c) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
(d) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
4. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(b) A member of his own herdsman.
(c) Iphigenia herself.
(d) The two young men that came by ship.
5. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(b) The Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
2. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
4. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
5. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)