|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
(b) The underworld.
2. When Orestes is telling Pylades to go back home, what does he ask Pylades to do for him?
(a) To build a home.
(b) To remember him.
(c) To kiss his wife goodbye.
(d) To build a tomb.
3. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
(a) His name.
(b) His family.
(c) His friend.
(d) His brother.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) The juice of grapes.
(b) Olive oil.
(c) Rose water.
(d) Sea water.
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(b) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(c) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(d) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
3. Who is Iphigenia's father?
4. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
5. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)