|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He stabbed the ground.
(b) He came after the herdsman.
(c) He started stabbing the cattle.
(d) He threw it out into the sea.
2. In Part 4 when Orestes and Iphigenia are planning their escape, Orestes states that night is for thieves, but what does he say daylight is for?
3. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
(b) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(c) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
(d) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
5. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia arrived in Taurus, what was her appointed job in the temple?
2. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
3. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
4. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
5. What is Orestes asked to take from the temple by Phoebus Apollo?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)