|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
2. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
(a) Orestes' ship.
(b) The temple of Artemis.
(c) Taurus castle.
(d) Iphigenia's room.
3. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Sea-water and a sword.
(c) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(d) Wheat and barley.
4. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
(a) She will hide him and then help him escape.
(b) She will still sacrifice Pylades.
(c) She will set him free.
(d) She will marry him.
5. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(a) In the night.
(c) At the break of dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
2. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
4. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
5. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)