|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia talks about the seizure of Helen in Part 1. Who is Helen's husband?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) The juice of grapes.
(b) Rose water.
(c) Sea water.
(d) Olive oil.
3. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
(b) The Chorus.
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) Sea-water and a sword.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) Barley-meal and holy-water.
5. After Orestes tells Pylades what he wants Pylades to do for him when he gets home, what does he ask that his sister leave for him?
(a) A drop of holy water.
(b) A locket.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lock of hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
4. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
5. In Part 2, after Iphigenia leaves, the Chorus begins a long questioning of who the strangers are. Who does the Chorus say they wish would come to "this shore" to be sacrificed?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)