|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Achilles and Electra.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(c) Atreus and Thyestes.
(d) Helen and Electra.
2. In Part 2 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she finds Artemis guilty of what?
3. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
(a) The image from the pedestal.
(b) Her hair.
(c) The ropes binding the swords.
(d) Orestes' and Pylades' arms.
4. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her brother, Orestes.
(b) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her father, Agamemnon.
5. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
(a) Artemis is Apollo's sister.
(b) Artemis is Apollo's aunt.
(c) Artemis is Apollo's mother.
(d) Artemis is Apollo's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iphigenia actually do inside the temple?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
3. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
4. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)