|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orestes tells Iphigenia that his body is hers while they are outside the temple, but what does he tell Iphigenia that he won't let her sacrifice?
(a) His name.
(b) His family.
(c) His friend.
(d) His brother.
2. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
(a) That Helen has asked for forgiveness.
(b) That Helen is dead.
(c) That Helen is in Troy.
(d) That Helen is back in Sparta with her first husband.
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
(a) A raging sea.
(b) An unfriendly sea.
(c) A blue sea.
(d) A cold sea.
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(b) Sea-water and a sword.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) Wheat and barley.
5. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The herdsman.
(d) Orestes and Pylades.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
2. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
3. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
4. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
5. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)