|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(b) Husband, child, city, and friend.
(c) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
(d) Friend, ship, family, and country.
2. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
(a) By casting water on their heads.
(b) By having them pray to Artemis.
(c) By reading them a sacred poem.
(d) By fire.
3. In the beginning of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does the Chorus address by saying, "A voyage of tears awaits you"?
(a) The guards.
4. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) For the quickness of his sword.
(c) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
(d) For his great wisdom.
5. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
4. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)