|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(c) A herdsman.
(d) King Thoas.
2. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
3. Who is Pylades' father?
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
(a) A woman.
(b) A golden lamb.
(c) A family image.
(d) A heavenly sword.
5. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Orestes' and Pylades' arms.
(c) The image from the pedestal.
(d) The ropes binding the swords.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia promises Pylades and Orestes in Part 4 that she will send Pylades safely beyond what?
2. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
3. When Iphigenia speaks of the statue of Artemis, she tells Orestes in Part 4 that only one person is allowed to touch it. Who is that person?
4. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)