|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(b) Helen and Electra.
(c) Achilles and Electra.
(d) Atreus and Thyestes.
2. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) Sea-water and a sword.
(b) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(c) Wheat and barley.
(d) A sword and shield.
3. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(b) Run away.
(c) Kill someone.
(d) Steal some horses.
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) Inside the temple.
(b) To her bedroom.
(c) To the seashore.
(d) To the field with the cattle.
5. When Orestes speaks of appearing in court for killing his mother, where does he say the court met?
(a) Golden Mountain.
(b) Ares' Hill.
(c) Wonder Mountain.
(d) Athena's Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
2. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
3. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
4. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)