|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
(a) Helen and Electra.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(c) Atreus and Thyestes.
(d) Achilles and Electra.
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
(b) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
(c) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(d) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
3. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
5. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
2. What does Orestes call Iphigenia throughout Part 3?
3. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
4. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)