|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her sister, Electra.
(b) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(c) Her brother, Orestes.
(d) Her father, Agamemnon.
2. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
(a) To taint the statue of Artemis so it is no longer clean.
(b) To bring the statue of Artemis to him.
(c) To take the statue of Artemis and set it up in Athens.
(d) To break the statue of Artemis on the jagged rocks of Taurus.
3. Who snatched Iphigenia from the altar from which she was to be sacrificed?
4. Who is Agamemnon's grandfather?
5. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia think her dream is about in Part 1?
2. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "Stop, stranger! Take away your hands!"?
3. When Orestes is trying to prove to Iphigenia who he is, he speaks of two people that nursed a feud. Who are they?
4. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
5. In Part 4, who does Iphigenia ask Pylades to deliver her message/letter to?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)