|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Pigs of Hellas.
(b) Servants of Hellas.
(c) Horses of Hellas.
(d) Sheep of Hellas.
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
(a) That he does not live.
(b) That he lives in the afterlife and here on earth.
(c) That the king's son lives nowhere and everywhere.
(d) That he has visited the Gods and lives nowhere.
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
(c) The Chorus.
4. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
(d) The Furies.
5. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
2. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
3. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are working out a plan to deliver the letter in Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who does Orestes ask Iphigenia about, wondering if they will consent to letting Pylades go?
5. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)