|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia questions Orestes about Argos in Part 4, who does Orestes say rules Argos?
2. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) The Chorus.
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are devising a plan to escape Taurus, what does Orestes suggest they do to the king?
(a) Overthrow him.
(b) Sneak past him.
(c) Assassinate him.
(d) Kidnap him.
4. In Part 1 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Orestes states that people claim that something fell from the sky into the temple. What was this item that fell from the sky?
(a) The statue of Artemis.
(c) Powerful armor.
(d) A magic sword.
5. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
2. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
4. When Orestes is telling Iphigenia about two people that nursed a feud, what does he tell Iphigenia that these two were fighting over?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)