|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Iphigenia finishes talking about her dream, where does she go?
(a) Into the temple.
(b) Into a field.
(c) To speak with the Chorus.
(d) Down to the shore.
2. Who was Iphigenia betrothed to when she lived in Greece?
3. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
(a) That they are just friends.
(b) That they are twin brothers.
(c) That they are brothers in love, but not blood.
(d) That they are comrades.
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
(d) The Chorus.
5. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(a) King Thoas.
(d) A herdsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Iphigenia talks about her dream and exits, who appears from the shore?
2. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
3. When Orestes is speaking of appearing in court for killing his mother, who does he say raised a hand for his acquittal?
4. In Part 4, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia is the mission that Apollo gave him?
5. Who is Iphigenia's father?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)