|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
(a) Run away.
(b) Steal some horses.
(c) Kill someone.
2. When does Pylades suggest that he and Orestes retrieve the item they are looking for in Taurus?
(b) At the break of dawn.
(c) In the night.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, who does she claim is extinct?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her sister.
4. When the guards reappear after Orestes and Iphigenia have spoken about Orestes' fate, what does Iphigenia tell the guards to do about the two young men?
(a) Take them back to their ship and tie them inside.
(b) Bind them and guard them.
(c) Lead them back to the temple.
(d) Guard them and leave them unbound.
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
(a) Because he doesn't know what to say.
(b) So Orestes can ask questions.
(c) So he can hear the truth.
(d) He can't, because he is so dumbfounded by her story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
5. Which character from the story enters first in Part 1?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)