|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes see that is stained with Hellene's blood?
(a) The swords on the ground.
(b) The image in the temple.
(c) The altar.
(d) The rocks in the field of cattle.
2. In the opening of Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "this is no cause for joy, when death parts friend from friend"?
(a) The Chorus.
3. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
4. Which end of the Crimean Peninsula does the opening scene take place?
5. Where was the altar on which Iphigenia was going to be sacrificed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orestes claim "hounds" him "to and fro"?
2. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
3. In Part 4, who asks Iphigenia to prescribe a pious oath for Pylades?
4. The opening scene in the story Iphigenia in Taurus starts at what landmark?
5. What does Orestes suggest that he and Pylades do, to which Pylades replies, "out of the question- we're not used to it"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)