Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the king of Taurus receive his particular name?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) For the quickness of his sword.
(c) For his great wisdom.
(d) For the wing-like swiftness of his feet.
2. Whose temple was Iphigenia to work in?
3. Who is the king of the Taurian country?
4. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(c) Sea-water and a sword.
(d) Wheat and barley.
5. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Apollo and Artemis related?
2. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
3. Who is Iphigenia's father?
4. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
5. In Part 4 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Pylades says in an aside that he will ask no questions of Iphigenia. Why does he say that he will ask no questions?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)