|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(c) The purple east.
2. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The strangers' bodies.
(b) The temple laterns.
(c) The fires on the city gates.
(d) The red sun.
3. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas of the rituals she must perform on the sacrifices, what does she tell King Thoas is needful?
4. At the opening of Part 5 of Iphigenia of Taurus, which single person enters the scene?
5. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
(a) The ropes binding the swords.
(b) Orestes' and Pylades' arms.
(c) The image from the pedestal.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
2. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
4. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
5. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)