|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
(a) That Troy no longer stands and was destroyed in war.
(b) That Helen was evil.
(c) That Achilles was betrothed to someone else.
(d) That Agememnon is king.
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
(b) Her sword.
(c) Her good luck.
3. Who leads Orestes and Pylades out of the temple on their way to the purification ritual?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) King Thoas.
(d) Guards and temple attendants.
4. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
(a) The purple east.
5. Who is Achilles' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
3. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
4. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
5. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)