|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
2. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
(a) So people cannot see them.
(b) So the Gods will only know their identity.
(c) To show reverance for the sun's pure light.
(d) To protect the citizens from harm.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas about the young strangers in Part 5, what is the reason she tells King Thoas that she recognized the "stain" on them?
(a) She saw it in their eyes.
(b) The holy image turned away.
(c) She could hear the Furies.
(d) Artemis whispered their wrongdoings to her.
4. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
(a) All pollution.
(b) All murderers.
(c) All rituals.
(d) All strangers.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia asks the Herdsman why he was down by the seashore, what is his reply?
(a) He was washing his cattle.
(b) He was taking a bath.
(c) He was watching for ships.
(d) He was cleaning his clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
2. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
3. When Iphigenia is telling the King about the young strangers trying to win her heart, what does she claim that she hates?
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
5. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)