|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who says, "do we not know what sorrow is"?
(c) The Chorus.
2. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
3. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
(a) No one; he does not agree with sacrificing.
(b) Iphigenia herself.
(c) The two young men that came by ship.
(d) A member of his own herdsman.
4. Iphigenia tells King Thoas in Part 5 that the citizens must do what during the purification ritual?
(b) Pray to Artemis.
(c) Remain inside their houses.
(d) Throw rocks at the strangers.
5. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
(b) A herdsman.
(c) King Thoas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
2. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
3. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
4. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
5. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)