|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does the Herdsman tell Iphigenia to get ready for the young men to be sacrificed?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) Wheat and barley.
(c) Barley-meal and holy-water.
(d) Sea-water and a sword.
2. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
(b) The king.
(c) Their ship.
(d) The image of Artemis.
3. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(a) The Chorus.
4. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
(a) By casting water on their heads.
(b) By having them pray to Artemis.
(c) By reading them a sacred poem.
(d) By fire.
5. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
(a) All strangers.
(b) All murderers.
(c) All pollution.
(d) All rituals.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia order the guards to untie?
2. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
3. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
4. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
5. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)