|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
2. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(a) Orestes and Pylades.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The herdsman.
3. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(a) Her father's villainy.
(c) Achilles' love.
(d) Helen's treachery.
4. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
(a) Its eyelids closed.
(b) It fell.
(c) It rocked back and forth and spoke.
(d) It raised its sword.
5. Who is Achilles' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
2. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
4. What is the name of the priest that Iphigenia questions Orestes about in Part 3?
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)