|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Artemis' parents?
(a) Zeus and Athena.
(b) Apollo and Leto.
(c) Apollo and Athena.
(d) Zeus and Leto.
2. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(b) Achilles' love.
(c) Helen's treachery.
(d) Her father's villainy.
3. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
(a) The temple laterns.
(b) The strangers' bodies.
(c) The fires on the city gates.
(d) The red sun.
4. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she was taken from her family.
(b) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(c) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(d) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
5. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(a) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
2. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
3. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
4. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas of the rituals she must perform on the sacrifices, what does she tell King Thoas is needful?
5. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)