|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iphigenia tell King Thoas the strangers did to win her heart?
(a) They kissed her.
(b) They held out pleasing bait.
(c) They threatened to kill someone.
(d) They forced her to agree with them.
2. When Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus, why is she in mourning?
(a) Because she does not like helping with sacrifices.
(b) Because she is scared of King Thoas.
(c) Because she thinks her brother, Orestes, is dead.
(d) Because she was taken from her family.
3. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(b) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
(c) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(d) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
4. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
(a) That the rites of Artemis be duly ordered.
(b) To find out who the strangers are.
(c) That she find the young men suitable for sacrificing.
(d) To sing a song.
5. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) Two young lambs.
(b) A young calf.
(c) A pure white dove.
(d) Three chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
2. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
3. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
4. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)