|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
(a) That no one will deliver the letter because he doesn't trust Iphigenia.
(b) That he and Pylades both deliver the letter.
(c) That they will send a member of the Chorus to deliver the letter and both men will face death.
(d) That Pylades deliver the letter and Orestes stay to be sacrificed.
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To sacrifice them.
(b) To put them on a trail.
(c) To toss them into the sea.
(d) To have a feast.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
(a) That the strangers are Gods.
(b) That the strangers are tainted sacrifices.
(c) That Artemis does not want to sacrifice these men.
(d) That it is unsafe to sacrifice these strangers.
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
5. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
(a) The earth shaking.
(b) The temple falling.
(c) The movement of Artemis, herself.
(d) Her eyes deceiving her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
3. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
4. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple and is speaking with King Thoas in Part 5, what does she ask the Gods to guard them from?
5. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)