|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
2. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
(d) Temple attendants.
3. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
(a) Servants of Hellas.
(b) Sheep of Hellas.
(c) Pigs of Hellas.
(d) Horses of Hellas.
4. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
(a) That he lives in the afterlife and here on earth.
(b) That he does not live.
(c) That the king's son lives nowhere and everywhere.
(d) That he has visited the Gods and lives nowhere.
5. The Herdsman hears one of the young men's names. Who is the young man that he knows the name of?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
2. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
3. What is the first thing Iphigenia requests of King Thoas when beginning with the purification ritual after she finishes explaining the need for the ritual?
4. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia suggests that Orestes deliver a letter to Argos, what does Orestes suggest they change about Iphigenia's plan?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)