|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
2. Who is Achilles' father?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
(a) That it is unsafe to sacrifice these strangers.
(b) That Artemis does not want to sacrifice these men.
(c) That the strangers are Gods.
(d) That the strangers are tainted sacrifices.
4. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas of the rituals she must perform on the sacrifices, what does she tell King Thoas is needful?
5. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
(a) She will marry him.
(b) She will set him free.
(c) She will still sacrifice Pylades.
(d) She will hide him and then help him escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
2. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
3. When Iphigenia asks Orestes and Pylades if they are brothers in Part 3, what does Orestes say in reply?
4. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
5. Where does Iphigenia tell the Chorus she was sent in a chariot of state to?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)