|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
2. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her understanding of war.
(b) Her labors in the field.
(c) The hand of Fate.
(d) Her service in the temple.
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
(a) The cords that bind the strangers.
(b) The image of Artemis.
(c) A sword.
(d) Her letter.
4. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
(a) By the image of Artemis.
(b) At the altar.
(c) At the door.
(d) By the pillars.
5. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(b) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia tells King Thoas about the holy image moving on the pedestal, King Thoas explains the movement as what happening?
2. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of rocks do they speak of?
3. When the Chorus begins speaking in the opening of Part 2, what type of sea do they describe?
4. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
5. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)