|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia and Orestes are speaking to each other outside the temple in Part 3, who does Orestes tell Iphigenia is no more trustworthy than a fleeting dream?
(b) King Thoas.
(c) His father.
(d) The Gods.
2. Who does the Chorus mention led the famous fleet to the towers of Troy?
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(b) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
(c) Tell her who he really is.
(d) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
4. When Iphigenia is speaking with Orestes outside the temple, she mentions a particular name that is in the world's mouth. What name is that?
5. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Orestes claim is as chaotic as the mortal world?
(a) The world of Zeus.
(b) The world of all the Gods.
(c) The world of Artemis.
(d) The world of Apollo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iphigenia tell the King that the young strangers told her was prospering and alive?
2. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
3. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
4. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)