|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Artemis' parents?
(a) Zeus and Leto.
(b) Apollo and Leto.
(c) Apollo and Athena.
(d) Zeus and Athena.
2. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
3. When the Chorus sees the two young men being led to the temple, who do they speak a brief prayer to?
4. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas, she tells him that the holy image of Artemis shrank backward. What does she tell King Thoas this event reveals to her?
(a) That the strangers are Gods.
(b) That it is unsafe to sacrifice these strangers.
(c) That Artemis does not want to sacrifice these men.
(d) That the strangers are tainted sacrifices.
5. At the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who enters the scene besides Iphigenia?
(a) The herdsman.
(b) Orestes and Pylades.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes speaks to Iphigenia about being sacrificed and what will happen, Iphigenia offers to heap what at Orestes' grave?
2. Who enters as Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus?
3. In Part 5, why does Iphigenia ask the guards to wrap the young strangers' cloaks over their heads?
4. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
5. Besides the young strangers, what else does Iphigenia tell King Thoas she must purify?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)