|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, who is Orestes speaking of when he says, " her blood was the unjust ransom for a worthless wife"?
(c) His mother's.
2. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To have a feast.
(b) To toss them into the sea.
(c) To sacrifice them.
(d) To put them on a trail.
3. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he tells her that one of the strangers drew his sword. What did the stranger do with his sword?
(a) He started stabbing the cattle.
(b) He stabbed the ground.
(c) He came after the herdsman.
(d) He threw it out into the sea.
4. When Orestes and Iphigenia are discussing Hellas, Orestes tells Iphigenia that a particular person's end was terrible. Who is Orestes talking about?
5. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
(a) All strangers.
(b) All pollution.
(c) All murderers.
(d) All rituals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
2. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
3. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
4. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
5. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)