|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
(a) That she has heard of Hellas.
(b) That she knows someone from Hellas.
(c) That Hellas is her home and that she died there when she was a child.
(d) That Hellas was a place she dreamt about.
2. When Iphigenia asks Orestes about the king's son in Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, and asks where he lives, what is Orestes' reply?
(a) That he does not live.
(b) That he lives in the afterlife and here on earth.
(c) That the king's son lives nowhere and everywhere.
(d) That he has visited the Gods and lives nowhere.
3. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
(a) Because she helps "drench an altar with blood of travelers".
(b) Because she "lures men in only to kill them".
(c) Because she "sings a song of death".
(d) Because she helps "sail men's body to sea".
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) Inside the temple.
(b) To the seashore.
(c) To the field with the cattle.
(d) To her bedroom.
5. When the Herdsman is telling Iphigenia about the capture of the strangers, he mentions something about their country's custom towards strangers. What is their country's custom towards strangers?
(a) To toss them into the sea.
(b) To put them on a trail.
(c) To sacrifice them.
(d) To have a feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
2. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
3. At the opening of Part 5 of Iphigenia of Taurus, which single person enters the scene?
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia speaks to the Chorus about her terrible past, whose lips does she say she would not kiss?
5. What does King Thoas tell Iphigenia he thinks the young strangers have done?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)