|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) Her labors in the field.
(b) The hand of Fate.
(c) Her service in the temple.
(d) Her understanding of war.
2. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(c) The Chorus.
3. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To her bedroom.
(b) Inside the temple.
(c) To the field with the cattle.
(d) To the seashore.
4. When Iphigenia enters the scene in Part 5, what is she carrying?
(a) The cords that bind the strangers.
(b) A sword.
(c) Her letter.
(d) The image of Artemis.
5. In Part 5, why does King Thoas have a "strong desire" to learn about the young men?
(a) Because they are strange to him.
(b) Because Iphigenia tells him they are foul with kindred blood.
(c) Because he always wants to know who is being sacrificed at all times.
(d) Because he recognizes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Herdsman consider a suitable victim and pleasing sacrifice for Artemis?
2. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
3. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
4. In Part 5, after Iphigenia tells King Thoas what the citizens of the city must do, what does she tell him must be shunned?
5. When Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus in Part 2, where does she tell the Chorus she "yearns toward"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)