|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Iphigenia is telling the Chorus about her terrible past, she mentions that she would not hold who?
(a) Her betrothed, Achilles.
(b) Her father, Agamemnon.
(c) Her sister, Electra.
(d) Her brother, Orestes.
2. At the end of Part 5, what does Iphigenia do right before the procession forms?
(a) She raises the image.
(b) She calls out Artemis' name.
(c) She raises her arms to Zeus.
(d) She calls to King Thoas.
3. In Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, Iphigenia offers to spare Orestes' life if he will do what?
(a) Deliver a letter to Argos.
(b) Tell her who he really is.
(c) If he will offer Pylades' life in return.
(d) If he will pray to Artemis for her release.
4. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
5. When Orestes asks Iphigenia if she actually sacrifices the victims, Iphigenia tells him that she does not, but that she purifies the victims. How does Iphigenia purify the sacrifice victims?
(a) By fire.
(b) By reading them a sacred poem.
(c) By casting water on their heads.
(d) By having them pray to Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is having the conversation with Orestes and Pylades outside the temple, she asks Orestes where Helen is. What does Orestes tell Iphigenia?
2. At the opening of Part 5 when the single person enters the scene, who does he have with him?
3. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
4. Why does Iphigenia feel like the rites she celebrates are unfit for song?
5. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)