|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking of Orestes being sacrificed, Iphigenia tells Orestes that she will use what to quench his ashes?
(a) Olive oil.
(b) The juice of grapes.
(c) Sea water.
(d) Rose water.
2. What name does Orestes tell Iphigenia would name him justly when he is talking with her outside the temple?
(a) The Sad.
(b) The Willing.
(c) The Brave.
(d) The Unfortunate.
3. In the beginning of Part 3, who tells Iphigenia that they need no tears from her?
(d) The Chorus.
4. Whose pure blood does Iphigenia say she needs to purge the taint of murder on the men?
(a) Three chickens.
(b) Two young lambs.
(c) A pure white dove.
(d) A young calf.
5. When Iphigenia is telling King Thoas what must be done for purification of the sacrifices, he tells her that what two things are very proper?
(a) Her carefulness and swiftness.
(b) Her love and purity.
(c) Her care and piety.
(d) Her loyalty and concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Iphigenia is speaking with King Thoas about the image moving, she tells him that something else happened as well as the movement. What else does Iphigenia say happened with the image?
2. In Part 5 of Iphigenia in Taurus, the first person to speak asks if something is blazing. What does this person inquire about?
3. When Iphigenia starts asking Orestes many questions in Part 3, Orestes finally asks her why she is so interested in Hellas. What is Iphigenia's reply to Orestes' question?
4. Who enters from the central door while the Chorus is praying to Artemis?
5. In Part 3, when Iphigenia tells Orestes that he is the visitor she has longed for, what does Orestes tell Iphigenia to hug?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)