|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is done speaking to the Chorus, where does she go?
(a) To the seashore.
(b) Inside the temple.
(c) To the field with the cattle.
(d) To her bedroom.
2. When King Thoas learns what the young strangers have done, who does he claim would recoil from that type of action?
(a) A savage.
(b) A monstrous heathen.
3. When Iphigenia is speaking to King Thoas about the young strangers in Part 5, what is the reason she tells King Thoas that she recognized the "stain" on them?
(a) She could hear the Furies.
(b) The holy image turned away.
(c) She saw it in their eyes.
(d) Artemis whispered their wrongdoings to her.
4. While Iphigenia is speaking to the Chorus, she mentions that she is without what four things?
(a) Brother, friend, country, and horse.
(b) Friend, ship, family, and country.
(c) Country, child, farm, and fortune.
(d) Husband, child, city, and friend.
5. In Part 2, when Iphigenia is speaking of her past, what does she tell the Chorus she doesn't believe any god is?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of Part 5 of Iphigenia of Taurus, which single person enters the scene?
2. Who does Iphigenia order to go into the temple and prepare for the sacrifice?
3. When Iphigenia tells the King that the young strangers were trying to win her heart, who does she claim the strangers told her about?
4. While Iphigenia is questioning Orestes in Part 3, Orestes tells Iphigenia that her "informant was correct" about something. What is it?
5. In the beginning of Part 3 of Iphigenia in Taurus, what does Iphigenia claim is her first care?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)