One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Iphigenia's grandmother on her mother's side?
2. Iphigenia tells the Chorus that she is the doomed victim of what?
(b) Her father's villainy.
(c) Helen's treachery.
(d) Achilles' love.
3. Iphigenia claims that even from the time of her conception and childhood that something "lay hard" for her. What is it?
(a) The hand of Fate.
(b) Her understanding of war.
(c) Her labors in the field.
(d) Her service in the temple.
4. When Iphigenia is talking with Orestes and Pylades, who says, "events mislead and baffle us"?
(b) The Chorus.
5. When Orestes and Iphigenia are speaking to each other, Iphigenia asks Orestes if anyone still lives in Agamemnon's house. What is Orestes' reply?
(a) That no one in Agamemnon's house lives.
(b) That Agamemnon is the only one alive.
(c) That Agamemnon and Electra are still alive.
(d) That Agamemnon's death only left a daughter, Electra, at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Herdsman first enters and tells Iphigenia about the visitors, where does he tell Iphigenia the men are from?
2. In Part 3, what does Iphigenia suggest will happen to Orestes' friend, Pylades, if she sets Orestes free to deliver a letter to Argos?
3. In the Chorus' opening prayer to Artemis, what do they speak about that "crop the green meadows"?
4. When Iphigenia enters the scene from the temple, where does she ask King Thoas to stand?
5. When Iphigenia is telling the King about the young strangers trying to win her heart, what does she claim that she hates?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)