* Two long-lost children of the slaughtered King Agamemnon are reunited and plot to escape their earthly imprisonment and servitude to the gods.
* The play is set in the courtyard of a temple sacred to the goddess Artemis.
* Iphigenia explains in a long speech who she is, how she came to Taurus, the way she because a priestess, and her role in the rituals of the temple.
* Iphigenia explains that she is the daughter of Agamemnon and that she was betrothed to Achilles.
* Iphigenia reveals that her father was commanded by the gods to sacrifice her to Artemis so her father's army could sail to another country to rescue Helen of Troy.
* At the moment that Iphigenia was to be killed, Artemis replaces her with a deer, brings her to Taurus and sets her up as the high priestess of the temple.
* It is Iphigenia's duty to prepare...
This section contains 2,462 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)