Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator accused of when he tries to dispose of the figurine?
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
3. What realization does the narrator have in Chapter 21?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
Essay Topic 1
Music or singing occur several times in the novel and the narrator himself refers to Armstrong. Explain how music contributes to the overall plot of the novel. Consider not only the narrator's private thoughts about music, but also the music in the chapel in Chapter 2, the music at the Brotherhood party, the man singing at Clifton's funeral, and others.
Essay Topic 2
Compare/contrast the leaders of the Brotherhood with Dr. Bledsoe and Mr. Norton. How does each group accomplish or fail to accomplish their ultimate goals?
Essay Topic 3
Write an analysis of the various locations in which the narrator lives, i.e, the college, Harlem, in his new apartment, and finally in the "hole." Discuss how each location is a reflection of his changing attitude/character.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)