Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator accused of when he tries to dispose of the figurine?
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
3. What realization does the narrator have in Chapter 21?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
Discuss the use of white vs black and dark vs light throughout the novel. How are these contrasting concepts used in unexpected ways?
In his last meeting with Hambro, the narrator is told that his own members--the blacks in Harlem--must be sacrificed for the good of the Brotherhood and that they will be making temporary alliances with other groups. Since the alliance with the blacks seems to have accomplished nothing for the blacks themselves, what was the purpose of the work in Harlem? Why did it fail? How did the alliance--if such it could be called--contribute to the riot?
Explain why the Brotherhood chooses the narrator. What factors have made him particularly vulnerable to their approach? How do his own intentions change as he begins working with them?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)