Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator accused of when he tries to dispose of the figurine?
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
3. What realization does the narrator have in Chapter 21?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
Essay Topic 1
The narrator's grandfather tries to explain how he himself had failed the black people. What does the narrator initially not understand about the concept of "yessing" them to death? How does he eventually understand and adopt the idea? What conclusion does he finally draw about appearing to agree while actually plotting against someone?
Essay Topic 2
Write an analysis of the various locations in which the narrator lives, i.e, the college, Harlem, in his new apartment, and finally in the "hole." Discuss how each location is a reflection of his changing attitude/character.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of the following items: the figurine bank, the dark glasses, the briefcase, the dancing dolls, the piece of chain.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)