Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator accused of when he tries to dispose of the figurine?
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
3. What realization does the narrator have in Chapter 21?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
Discuss the use of white vs black and dark vs light throughout the novel. How are these contrasting concepts used in unexpected ways?
Write an analysis of the various locations in which the narrator lives, i.e, the college, Harlem, in his new apartment, and finally in the "hole." Discuss how each location is a reflection of his changing attitude/character.
Blindness is one of the most pervasive motifs of the novel. Discuss the different types of blindness that are represented by the characters, for example, Norton, Mary, the two nuns, Brother Jack, Ras, the narrator himself, and others. Choose three or four characters that represent different types of blindness and explain how their blindness influences their actions and decisions. Is there anyone in the novel who sees clearly, whether he uses his sight for good or for evil purposes?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)