Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 13)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
2. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
3. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
4. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
5. What unexpected sight does the narrator see in New York?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. What surprises the narrator upon his arrival in Harlem?
This section contains 1,098 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)