|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator plan to use to destroy the Brotherhood
(b) Mr. Emerson
(c) Jack himself
(d) Mr. Hambro
2. What does Dupre want to do prior to starting the fire?
(a) have the fire department standing by
(b) contact the newspapers
(c) give people a chance to get their belongings
(d) Make sure the building is evacuated
3. What does the narrator purchase after the confrontation with Ras?
(a) a long jacket
(b) a low brimmed hat
(c) a weapon
(d) a pair of dark green sunglasses
4. When is a person most invisible?
(a) When he refuses to mingle with the group
(b) When he exists outside of history
(c) When his social group decides to ignore him.
(d) When he simply accepts the rule of the group
5. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Brother Hambro
(d) The veteran doctor at the Golden Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Westrum use as evidence that the narrator is only trying to promote himself?
2. What horrifying sight does the narrator see as he flees the riot?
3. How does the narrator get out of playing along in Sybil's rape fantasy?
4. The narrator's anger is primarily focuses against
5. Why does the narrator remain in his hole for a long while?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)