|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does the narrator accept for the time period that will be needed to clear the charges against him?
(a) He decides to go out on his own.
(b) He insist on the continuation of his activities
(c) He agrees to become inactive
(d) He agrees to speak on the Woman Question
2. What truth about the Brotherhood does the narrator realize in Chapter 20?
(a) That great strides have already been made
(b) That the Brotherhood is about to disappear
(c) That very little has been accomplished
(d) That their efforts are unappreciated
3. What time of day does Brother Jack meet the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 17
(c) 5:00 PM
(d) early in the morning
4. What does the narrator discover about Jack?
(a) That Jack had left the Brotherhod
(b) That Jack had actually written the earlier threatening letter.
(c) That Jack had been killed
(d) That Jack had betrayed the Brotherhood
5. What horrifying sight does the narrator see as he flees the riot?
(a) The destruction of his membership
(b) The body of Sybil
(c) Seven naked manniquins hanging over the street
(d) The slaughter of blacks by the police
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the narrator's position within the Brotherhood?
2. What truth is revealed about the Brotherhood in Chapter 22?
3. How does the narrator's meeting with Sybil backfire?
4. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
5. How does the audience react to the narrator's speech?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)