|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator portray himself at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) As proud and defiant
(b) As determined and bold
(c) As humbled and obedient
(d) As confused and frustrated
2. Who does the narrator plan to use to destroy the Brotherhood
(a) Mr. Hambro
(c) Jack himself
(d) Mr. Emerson
3. Why does the narrator run after making his speech on behalf of the elderly couple?
(a) He thinks the crowd is after him.
(b) He doesn't want to be confronted for making a speech.
(c) A white girl tells him to run, and he obeys even though he isn't exactly sure why.
(d) He sees the police coming and thinks they are after him.
4. What truth is revealed about the Brotherhood in Chapter 22?
(a) That they have no real purpose
(b) That they are really only interested in black people
(c) That their goal is to use black politics to further their own interests
(d) That they care nothing about the people
5. Why does the narrator remain in his hole for a long while?
(a) Because he was knocked unconscious
(b) Because he is afraid the Brotherhood is still hunting for him
(c) Because he cannot determine his own intentions
(d) Because he is not able to reach the manhole cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
2. The narrator becomes dizzy at the thought that true saviors might actually be where?
3. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
4. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
5. What does the narrator discover about Jack?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)