|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises the narrator in relation to the riot?
(a) He had actually been used to help cause it.
(b) It was the inevitable end of the politics they had been preaching.
(c) The Brotherhood had instigated it.
(d) The Brotherhood knew nothing about it.
2. What is the narrator accused of when he tries to dispose of the figurine?
(b) drug dealing
3. How does the narrator get out of playing along in Sybil's rape fantasy?
(a) Explains that his interest is political
(b) Explains that he cannot perform
(c) Drinks with her until she passes out
(d) Tells her that he is being watched
4. What does Dupre want to do prior to starting the fire?
(a) contact the newspapers
(b) Make sure the building is evacuated
(c) have the fire department standing by
(d) give people a chance to get their belongings
5. What decision does the narrator accept for the time period that will be needed to clear the charges against him?
(a) He agrees to speak on the Woman Question
(b) He insist on the continuation of his activities
(c) He agrees to become inactive
(d) He decides to go out on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rinehart?
2. What surprising development does the narrator experience when he attends a committee meeting?
3. How does the audience react to the narrator's speech?
4. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
5. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)