Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
(a) Dr, Bledsoe
(b) The Founder
(c) Booker T Washington
(d) Mr. Norton
2. Brother Jack wants the narrator to avoid underestimating what?
(a) the influence of the organization
(b) the size of the organization
(c) the power of the organization
(d) the discipline of the organization
3. What awakens the narrator in Chapter 15?
(a) The sound of people talking.
(b) People banging on the steam line because there is no heat.
(c) The smell of breakfast cooking.
(d) Someone pounding at the door.
4. What does Brother Tarp give the narrator in Chapter 18?
(a) a secret message
(b) a warning
(c) a piece of the chain he once wore
(d) a key to handcuffs
5. The narrator becomes dizzy at the thought that true saviors might actually be where?
(a) in the history books
(b) disguised in the literature books
(c) crippled within the limits of organizations
(d) outside history
6. Why is Brother Westrum opposed to the piece of chain on the narrator's desk?
(a) Because it symbolically denies the possibility of equality
(b) Because it shows difference instead of unity
(c) Because it is a reminder of slavery
(d) Because it shows a tendency to cling to the past
7. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
(a) His grandfather on his death bed
(b) His mother hanging out the wash
(c) Mr. Trueblood's two pregnant women
(d) the Battle Royal
8. Where does Brother Jack send the narrator at the end of the meeting?
(a) Back to his apartment at the men's center
(b) to meet with Westrum
(c) Back to addressing the woman questions
(d) Back to Brother Hambro for more indoctrination sessions
9. What truth about the Brotherhood does the narrator realize in Chapter 20?
(a) That their efforts are unappreciated
(b) That very little has been accomplished
(c) That great strides have already been made
(d) That the Brotherhood is about to disappear
10. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
(a) a wolf
(b) a bull dog
(c) a toy bull terrior
(d) a snake
11. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
(a) the woman is divorced
(b) the woman is single
(c) Her husband is away
(d) her husband is dead
12. What is happening in Harlem?
(a) The Brotherhood has taken over.
(b) The people have burned down the district office
(c) The community is in a riot
(d) The police have taken over.
13. What happens when the narrator wears the sunglasses?
(a) People cannot identify him
(b) People think he is Rinehart
(c) People think is is Brother Maceo
(d) The bartender kicks him out for possession of a knife
14. How does the Brotherhood regard the dolls Clifton had been selling?
(a) as a racial slur
(b) as a personal hobby that the narrator should have ignored
(c) as ridiculous and overpriced
(d) as an unauthorized act of independence
15. Through his experiences, what has the narrator learned to value?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Westrum use as evidence that the narrator is only trying to promote himself?
2. What truth is revealed about the Brotherhood in Chapter 22?
3. Whose words does the narrator contemplate as proof that he can have two identities and still be successful?
4. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
5. Who does the narrator plan to use to destroy the Brotherhood
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)