|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
2. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
(a) A sense of direction
(b) motivation to keep going
(c) money to live on
(d) his interest in returning to college
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A sharecropper
(b) An African American pilot
(c) A slave
(d) An African American author
4. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
(a) his motivation
(b) his strength
(c) his fear
(d) his cash
5. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) saving a life
(b) returning to the states
(c) failing to fulfil his duty
(d) getting drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
2. What does the narrator notice at the funeral that he would like to exploit?
3. What do the yams symbolize?
4. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
5. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)