|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(b) leading a dog
(c) carrying a suitcase
(d) Carrying blueprints
2. What object does Mary own that the narrator finds offensive?
(a) a figurine of a white leader
(b) a distorted figurine of a black leader
(c) a mask used in black rituals
(d) a bank in the shape of a black figurine
3. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is in a basement
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is free
(d) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
4. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) give a speech
(c) sign a commitment
(d) sing a spiritual
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(b) He was a special singer at the college.
(c) He was a guest lecturer
(d) He was an employee of the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
2. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
3. What bit of advice from the young Mr. Emerson does the narrator actually heed?
4. What does the narrator purchase after the confrontation with Ras?
5. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)