|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brother Jack send the narrator at the end of the meeting?
(a) Back to addressing the woman questions
(b) Back to Brother Hambro for more indoctrination sessions
(c) to meet with Westrum
(d) Back to his apartment at the men's center
2. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
(a) He is not correctly educated for the job
(b) He is the only black person on the job
(c) He is too highly educated for the job
(d) He doesn't understand or fit in the blue-collar/union world
3. Where is the vet going?
(b) New York
(c) Washington DC
(d) an undisclosed location
4. The narrator wants Clifton's funeral to focus on which of the following?
(a) The acts that led to his death
(b) The meaning of his life
(c) His accomplishments as part of the Brotherhood
(d) what his loss will mean to the Brotherhood
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(c) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(d) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
2. What, ironically, makes the narrator's white bosses distrustful of him?
3. What does the narrator spontaneously decide to buy?
4. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
5. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)