|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Brotherhood regard Clifton?
(a) As a hero
(b) As a martyr
(c) As a faceless member
(d) As a traitor
2. Why is the narrator unable to say much about Clifton?
(a) The Brotherhood had limited his topics
(b) He had been given too little time for the speech
(c) He really didn't know much about him
(d) Too much about Clifton was negative
3. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
(a) The union went to bat for him.
(b) All the paint went bad
(c) No one else would take the job
(d) The other workers went on strike
4. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was a guest lecturer
(b) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(c) He was a special singer at the college.
(d) He was an employee of the college.
5. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
(a) money to live on
(b) motivation to keep going
(c) his interest in returning to college
(d) A sense of direction
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
2. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
3. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
4. What awakens the narrator in Chapter 15?
5. What does the figurine symbolize?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)