|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
(a) Clifton's methods of leading the youth
(b) The idea of a black man speaking out for white people
(c) The narrator's street corner approach
(d) The mixing of black and white
2. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
3. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) remain quietly in New York
(b) become a teacher
(c) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
(d) get a high paying position in the city
4. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have taken all the narrator's money.
(b) They have damaged the narrator's personality
(c) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
(d) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
5. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Mr. Trueblood's car
(b) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
(c) The veteran doctor
(d) Mr. Norton's car
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
2. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
3. What does Westrum use as evidence that the narrator is only trying to promote himself?
4. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
5. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)