|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(d) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(b) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(c) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
(d) His wife forced him into it.
3. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(b) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(c) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(d) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
4. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
(b) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
(c) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
(d) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
5. What do the elderly couple want to do that the marshals deny them?
(a) Return to the apartment for a last prayer
(b) Remain in their apartment
(c) Give their belongings to people in the crowd
(d) Return to the apartment for something they forgot
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
2. Which of the following is true about the narrator's position within the Brotherhood?
3. The narrator wants Clifton's funeral to focus on which of the following?
4. What does the moon symbolize?
5. How does the narrator react to the dolls that are being sold by Clifton?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)