|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a liar
(b) a slave
(c) a traitor
(d) an educated fool
2. Of what do the men in the bar in Chapter 20 accuse the narrator?
(a) Of getting White Fever
(b) of neglecting his duties
(c) of forgetting his
(d) of betraying the Brotherhood
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) something that happened to the narrator's father
(b) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(c) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(d) a vison induced by marijuana
4. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He isn't black enough.
(b) He is too indecisive
(c) He probably won't fit in with the group
(d) He has no money to contribute
5. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) a prison
(b) a mental ward
(c) the factory hospital
(d) a hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
2. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
3. The narrator becomes dizzy at the thought that true saviors might actually be where?
4. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
5. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)