|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
(a) The other workers went on strike
(b) The union went to bat for him.
(c) No one else would take the job
(d) All the paint went bad
2. How is the paint symbolic?
(a) It is white, reminding the narrator of the slogan, Keep America Pure with Liberty Paints.
(b) It symbolizes work and success
(c) It symbolizes society's ability to cover evils
(d) It symbolizes purity and correctness
3. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
(a) his cash
(b) his motivation
(c) his fear
(d) his strength
4. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
(a) Other women seem to want to
(b) He dimly remembers the appearance of another man
(c) The Brotherhood is mysteriously silent regarding his activities
(d) The woman does not want him to return
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
(b) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
(c) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(d) So the narrator will not become another casualty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator spontaneously decide to buy?
2. What do the yams symbolize?
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
4. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's position within the Brotherhood?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)