|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator plan to use to destroy the Brotherhood
(a) Mr. Emerson
(b) Mr. Hambro
(c) Jack himself
2. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) a gesture of seduction
(b) a word of advice
(c) a compliment
(d) an insult
3. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
(a) a prefrontal lobotomy
(b) both castration and a lobotomy
(c) mind control implants
4. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Immediately after finishing the story.
(b) Before the text of the story
(c) 30 years after the text itself
(d) Sporadically during the writing of the story
5. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
(a) He is the only black person on the job
(b) He is not correctly educated for the job
(c) He is too highly educated for the job
(d) He doesn't understand or fit in the blue-collar/union world
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the yams symbolize?
2. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
4. The narrator believes the Brotherhood will destroy itself. Why?
5. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)