|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator plan to use to destroy the Brotherhood
(a) Mr. Hambro
(b) Jack himself
(d) Mr. Emerson
2. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) The man was preaching nonsense.
(b) The man insulted him.
(c) The man greeted him with hostility.
(d) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
3. What is it that people like Jack, Bledsoe and Norton have refused to do?
(a) Recognize the uncontrollable power of a group
(b) Recognize the American identity of all of her people
(c) Recognize the importance of each individual
(d) Recognize equality among all individuals
4. How does the narrator react to the dolls that are being sold by Clifton?
(a) He calls the police
(b) He laughs at the dolls
(c) He purchases a doll
(d) He spits on one of the dolls
5. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
(a) his fear
(b) his motivation
(c) his cash
(d) his strength
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
2. What truth is revealed about the Brotherhood in Chapter 22?
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
4. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
5. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)