|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right to fight
(b) Their freedoms
(c) The right for fair employment
(d) The right for education
2. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) The man insulted him.
(b) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
(c) The man was preaching nonsense.
(d) The man greeted him with hostility.
3. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) Mr. Norton was driving
(b) He thought he could get medical help there
(c) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(d) The car was out of gas.
4. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) invisible nature in relation to white people
(b) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(c) unwillingness to face the truth
(d) lack of knowledge about himself
5. Why is Brockway hostile toward the narrator?
(a) The narrator approaches him with a bad attitude.
(b) He has heard of the narrator's mistake.
(c) The narrator has difficulty following instructions.
(d) He thinks the narrator is there to take his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
2. What bit of advice from the young Mr. Emerson does the narrator actually heed?
3. Brother Jack wants the narrator to avoid underestimating what?
4. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
5. How is the paint symbolic?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)