|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) remain quietly in New York
(b) get a high paying position in the city
(c) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
(d) become a teacher
2. The narrator's anger is primarily focuses against
(a) Mr. Norton
(b) Dr. Bledsoe
(c) The Founder
3. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
(b) to Mr. Norton
(c) back to the dormatory
(d) New York
4. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) 30 years after the text itself
(b) Immediately after finishing the story.
(c) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(d) Before the text of the story
5. Why is Brockway hostile toward the narrator?
(a) He thinks the narrator is there to take his job.
(b) He has heard of the narrator's mistake.
(c) The narrator has difficulty following instructions.
(d) The narrator approaches him with a bad attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
2. What truth about the Brotherhood does the narrator realize in Chapter 20?
3. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
5. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)