|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) It's all she can afford
(b) She thinks it will please the narrator.
(c) It's a reminder of the south
(d) The narrator has asked for it.
2. Why was Brother Tarp on a chain gang?
(a) Because he had dared to say the word no.
(b) Because he had betrayed his people
(c) Because he had betrayed his white master
(d) Because he had lied to white people
3. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) saving a life
(b) returning to the states
(c) failing to fulfil his duty
(d) getting drunk
4. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
(a) That he is invisible
(b) That the white men are trying to destroy him
(c) That he should not be afraid of white men
(d) That he is doomed to failure
5. Of what do the men in the bar in Chapter 20 accuse the narrator?
(a) of betraying the Brotherhood
(b) Of getting White Fever
(c) of neglecting his duties
(d) of forgetting his
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
2. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
4. Why does the narrator decide against using Emma in his plans?
5. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)