|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Tod Clifton do?
(a) He is a black nationalist
(b) He is a fanatic ideologies who teaches newcomers.
(c) He is a minister
(d) lead the youth of the Brotherhood
2. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
(b) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
(c) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
(d) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
3. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have damaged the narrator's personality
(b) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
(c) They have taken all the narrator's money.
(d) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
4. How does the audience react to the narrator's speech?
(a) He is booed
(b) He is cheered
(c) They sit in stunned silence
(d) They get up and leave.
5. What unexpected sight does the narrator see in New York?
(a) people from many nationalities
(b) many black people
(c) half-naked white women
(d) many policemen
Short Answer Questions
1. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
2. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
3. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
4. Why was Brother Tarp on a chain gang?
5. Who is Rinehart?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)