|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(b) He was an employee of the college.
(c) He was a guest lecturer
(d) He was a special singer at the college.
2. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) An African American author
(b) A slave
(c) An African American pilot
(d) A sharecropper
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(b) dreamer and cowards
(c) lazy people and cowards
(d) idealists and cowards
4. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) Other men have done the same thing.
(b) The college wants him to stay around.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) He receives charity from the whites.
5. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
(d) Racial pride
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dupre want to do prior to starting the fire?
2. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
5. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)