|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
(b) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
(c) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
(d) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
2. What does the narrator purchase after the confrontation with Ras?
(a) a weapon
(b) a long jacket
(c) a low brimmed hat
(d) a pair of dark green sunglasses
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. What does the narrator purchase in Chapter 13 that reminds him of home?
(a) pork sausage and grits
(b) a newspaper
(c) a yam
(d) a picture
5. Why is the narrator unable to say much about Clifton?
(a) Too much about Clifton was negative
(b) He really didn't know much about him
(c) The Brotherhood had limited his topics
(d) He had been given too little time for the speech
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
2. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
3. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
4. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's position within the Brotherhood?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)