|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
2. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) a hospital
(b) the factory hospital
(c) a prison
(d) a mental ward
3. Why is Brother Westrum opposed to the piece of chain on the narrator's desk?
(a) Because it is a reminder of slavery
(b) Because it symbolically denies the possibility of equality
(c) Because it shows difference instead of unity
(d) Because it shows a tendency to cling to the past
4. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) his vision
(d) the girl in his dream
5. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for fair employment
(b) The right for education
(c) Their freedoms
(d) The right to fight
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
3. How does the narrator get out of playing along in Sybil's rape fantasy?
4. What does the narrator purchase in Chapter 13 that reminds him of home?
5. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)