|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
(a) Use it to restore those who have been dispossessed
(b) Use it to create equality for black people
(c) Use it as a means to get even with Bledsoe
(d) Use it to achieve power for himself
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to stay around.
(b) The college wants him to leave.
(c) He receives charity from the whites.
(d) Other men have done the same thing.
3. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
4. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) He thought he could get medical help there
(b) The car was out of gas.
(c) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(d) Mr. Norton was driving
5. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) the sight of other black people
(b) a Gideon Bible
(c) the letters he carries
(d) a message from Mr. Norton
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that people like Jack, Bledsoe and Norton have refused to do?
2. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
3. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
4. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
5. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)