|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolic association of the arena in Chapter 16?
(a) a crooked politician had been exposed
(b) people of both colors gather there
(c) a famous boxer lost his sight
(d) a famous black speaker was killed there
2. What truth is revealed about the Brotherhood in Chapter 22?
(a) That they care nothing about the people
(b) That their goal is to use black politics to further their own interests
(c) That they have no real purpose
(d) That they are really only interested in black people
3. How does the narrator react to the dolls that are being sold by Clifton?
(a) He spits on one of the dolls
(b) He purchases a doll
(c) He calls the police
(d) He laughs at the dolls
4. How does the Brotherhood regard Clifton?
(a) As a hero
(b) As a martyr
(c) As a faceless member
(d) As a traitor
5. How is the narrator's preparations for the evening with Sybil ironic?
(a) Sybil would be useless to him.
(b) Sybil had already made her own preparations
(c) The evening would be a disaster anyway
(d) He tries to copy Rinehart whom he has never actually seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
2. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
3. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
4. How does the narrator portray himself at the end of Chapter 22?
5. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)