|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does the narrator have in Chapter 21?
(a) That the Brotherhood does not really care about people
(b) That the members of the crowd are individuals
(c) That the Brotherhood is just using him.
(d) That the Brotherhood has its own agenda
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He is too indecisive
(b) He isn't black enough.
(c) He probably won't fit in with the group
(d) He has no money to contribute
3. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
4. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
5. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
(a) a TV set
(b) a kitchen
(c) four more radio-phonographs
(d) a phonograph player
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
2. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
4. Brother Jack wants the narrator to avoid underestimating what?
5. What does the moon symbolize?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)