|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(a) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
(b) getting even
(c) keeping his position
2. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) To take advantage of him
(b) She needs the company
(c) To take care of him
(d) She is in love with him
3. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
(b) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
(c) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
(d) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
4. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
(a) He is too highly educated for the job
(b) He is not correctly educated for the job
(c) He is the only black person on the job
(d) He doesn't understand or fit in the blue-collar/union world
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(b) A lecture on morality
(d) A hundred dollar bill
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
3. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
4. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
5. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)