|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) the sight of other black people
(b) a message from Mr. Norton
(c) the letters he carries
(d) a Gideon Bible
2. Why does the narrator try to hide the figurine from Mary?
(a) Because he thinks it is unworthy of her
(b) Because he has broken it
(c) Because he is trying to steal it
(d) Because he wants to take it to the Brotherhood
3. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
4. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
(a) He does not paint the sample correctly.
(b) He adds too much pigment to the paint
(c) He adds paint remover instead of the pigment to the paint
(d) He uses the wrong tank of paint
5. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
(a) It was too emotional
(b) The logical arguments were faulty
(c) The narrator used science and rationalization instead of real feeling
(d) It was too cold and general
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. How does the narrator react to the dolls that are being sold by Clifton?
3. Where is the vet going?
4. What do the elderly couple want to do that the marshals deny them?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)