|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(b) He claims to be someone of importance.
(c) He pays the vet a bribe.
(d) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
3. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) to discuss ideologies
(b) because she has seduced him
(c) to seduce her
(d) to meet her husband
4. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(b) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
(c) His wife forced him into it.
(d) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
5. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They appear to be making fun of him.
(b) They are very nice to him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They are rude to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
2. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
3. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
4. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)