|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) to meet her husband
(b) to seduce her
(c) to discuss ideologies
(d) because she has seduced him
2. What kind of day is it on the day of Clifton's funeral?
(a) Cold and windy
(b) warm and exhilarating
(c) Cold and rainy
(d) Hot and humid
3. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(b) 30 years after the text itself
(c) Immediately after finishing the story.
(d) Before the text of the story
4. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
5. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
3. What does the moon symbolize?
4. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
5. Why is Brother Westrum opposed to the piece of chain on the narrator's desk?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)