|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was an employee of the college.
(b) He was a special singer at the college.
(c) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(d) He was a guest lecturer
2. What truth about the Brotherhood does the narrator realize in Chapter 20?
(a) That the Brotherhood is about to disappear
(b) That their efforts are unappreciated
(c) That very little has been accomplished
(d) That great strides have already been made
3. Which of the following is true about the narrator's position within the Brotherhood?
(a) He has earned a lot of respect and status
(b) He is secretly admired
(c) He is actually powerless
(d) He is an accepted leader
4. Where was the novel written?
(d) New York
5. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(b) people can't see him
(c) people subconsciously ignore him
(d) people don't understand him
Short Answer Questions
1. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
2. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. What awakens the narrator in Chapter 15?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)