|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(b) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(c) The white residents simply ignore him.
(d) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
2. What kind of day is it on the day of Clifton's funeral?
(a) Hot and humid
(b) Cold and windy
(c) Cold and rainy
(d) warm and exhilarating
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(a) national poverty
(b) racial tension
(c) problems associated with war
5. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
(b) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
(c) Of practicing racial prejudice
(d) Of treating the blacks unfairly
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
2. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
3. What time of day does Brother Jack meet the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 17
4. Where was the novel written?
5. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)