|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) the letters he carries
(b) the sight of other black people
(c) a Gideon Bible
(d) a message from Mr. Norton
2. What surprising development does the narrator experience when he attends a committee meeting?
(a) He is accused of betrayal
(b) He is ordered to sever his membership
(c) He is refused admission
(d) He is urged to speak
3. The narrator wants Clifton's funeral to focus on which of the following?
(a) what his loss will mean to the Brotherhood
(b) The meaning of his life
(c) His accomplishments as part of the Brotherhood
(d) The acts that led to his death
4. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
(b) He thought it was part of the award.
(c) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
(d) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
5. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To the college
(b) To a statue
(c) To a chapel
(d) To a mental institution
Short Answer Questions
1. What assumption does Mary make regarding the source of the $100 given to her by the narrator?
2. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
3. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
4. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
5. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)