|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Clifton
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Brother Westrum
(d) Brother Hambro
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(b) people can't see him
(c) people don't understand him
(d) people subconsciously ignore him
3. What kind of day is it on the day of Clifton's funeral?
(a) warm and exhilarating
(b) Hot and humid
(c) Cold and windy
(d) Cold and rainy
4. What, ironically, makes the narrator's white bosses distrustful of him?
(a) his color
(b) his background and education
(c) his lack of experience
(d) his attitude
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(b) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(c) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(d) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolic association of the arena in Chapter 16?
2. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
3. What do some of the black men carry?
4. Why is the narrator unable to see his audience when he gives his speech at the arena?
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)