|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(b) unwillingness to face the truth
(c) invisible nature in relation to white people
(d) lack of knowledge about himself
2. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
(a) Watch for opportunities to get close to people like Norton
(b) Stay away from people like Mr. Norton
(c) Defy people like Norton
(d) Find ways to manipulate people like Norton
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(b) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(c) something that happened to the narrator's father
(d) a vison induced by marijuana
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
5. What do the yams symbolize?
(a) The narrator's past
(b) The narrator's ability to please himself
(c) The narrator's future
(d) The purity of the old south
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
2. Why was Brother Tarp on a chain gang?
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
4. Why does the narrator feel disillusioned when looking at the picture of the Founder?
5. Where was the novel written?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)