|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(b) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(c) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
2. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) a Gideon Bible
(b) a message from Mr. Norton
(c) the letters he carries
(d) the sight of other black people
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
5. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
(a) He fears there may not be any jobs after all.
(b) He thinks the secretaries are not telling him the truth.
(c) He fears a conspiracy.
(d) He thinks no one is seeing the letters he submitted.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator wants Clifton's funeral to focus on which of the following?
2. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
3. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
4. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
5. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)