|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
(a) He had at first refused the offer to dance with her.
(b) She is the first white woman he ever danced with.
(c) He is the only black man she dances with at the party.
(d) The veteran doctor had predicted that the narrator would dance with a white woman.
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
3. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
(a) His scholarship
(b) The respect Mr. Bledsoe has for him.
(c) His identity
(d) His job.
4. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of practicing racial prejudice
(b) Of treating the blacks unfairly
(c) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
(d) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
5. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
(a) rich people
(b) white people
(c) white, upper-class males
(d) black people
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
2. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
5. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)