|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
(b) audio imagery
2. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) lazy people and cowards
(b) dreamer and cowards
(c) idealists and cowards
(d) sleepwalkers and dreamers
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(a) the girl in his dream
(b) his vision
4. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
(b) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
(c) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
(d) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
5. Why does the narrator try to hide the figurine from Mary?
(a) Because he has broken it
(b) Because he thinks it is unworthy of her
(c) Because he is trying to steal it
(d) Because he wants to take it to the Brotherhood
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator feel disillusioned when looking at the picture of the Founder?
2. The narrator wants Clifton's funeral to focus on which of the following?
3. How does the audience react to the narrator's speech?
4. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
5. What realization does the narrator have in Chapter 21?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)