|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator unable to say much about Clifton?
(a) Too much about Clifton was negative
(b) The Brotherhood had limited his topics
(c) He had been given too little time for the speech
(d) He really didn't know much about him
2. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
(a) He is the only black person on the job
(b) He is too highly educated for the job
(c) He is not correctly educated for the job
(d) He doesn't understand or fit in the blue-collar/union world
3. Whose words does the narrator contemplate as proof that he can have two identities and still be successful?
(a) His grandfather's words
(b) The words of Dr. Bledsoe
(c) The words of Frederick Douglass
(d) The words of Saul and Paul
4. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
(a) As an enemy
(b) As a protector
(c) As an unpredictable element
(d) As a role model.
5. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
(a) a bull dog
(b) a snake
(c) a toy bull terrior
(d) a wolf
Short Answer Questions
1. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
2. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
5. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)