|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a liar
(b) an educated fool
(c) a traitor
(d) a slave
2. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
3. Which of the following is true about the narrator's position within the Brotherhood?
(a) He is an accepted leader
(b) He is actually powerless
(c) He has earned a lot of respect and status
(d) He is secretly admired
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(b) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(c) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(d) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
5. Why does the narrator run after making his speech on behalf of the elderly couple?
(a) A white girl tells him to run, and he obeys even though he isn't exactly sure why.
(b) He thinks the crowd is after him.
(c) He doesn't want to be confronted for making a speech.
(d) He sees the police coming and thinks they are after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Westrum use as evidence that the narrator is only trying to promote himself?
2. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
3. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
4. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
5. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)