|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He is proud of his choices.
(b) He considers himself a victim
(c) He considers himself a coward.
(d) He considers himself a traitor.
2. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals the truth
(b) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(c) The light reveals all things
(d) Truth is destined to come forth
3. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
(a) He fears a conspiracy.
(b) He fears there may not be any jobs after all.
(c) He thinks the secretaries are not telling him the truth.
(d) He thinks no one is seeing the letters he submitted.
4. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is a white apartment house
(b) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(c) It is free
(d) It is in a basement
5. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) To take advantage of him
(b) She needs the company
(c) She is in love with him
(d) To take care of him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator unable to say much about Clifton?
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
4. What time of day does Brother Jack meet the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 17
5. What does the man in Emerson's office imply after reading the letter given him by the narrator?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)