|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
(b) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
(c) He thought it was part of the award.
(d) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
2. What does the figurine symbolize?
3. Why does the narrator consider his funeral speech a failure?
(a) He had too little to say to the youth.
(b) He hadn't been able to inspire the crowd to fight.
(c) He didn't think about singing the song before the old black man started it
(d) He hadn't been able to talk about political issues.
4. Of what do the men in the bar in Chapter 20 accuse the narrator?
(a) Of getting White Fever
(b) of forgetting his
(c) of neglecting his duties
(d) of betraying the Brotherhood
5. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
(a) Whites are morally blind to the checks and balances imposed on the African Americans.
(b) There are so many people like the hero that no one notices them.
(c) The character has deliberately denied his true place in society.
(d) The character does not understand the truth of his situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
5. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)