|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising development does the narrator experience when he attends a committee meeting?
(a) He is ordered to sever his membership
(b) He is refused admission
(c) He is accused of betrayal
(d) He is urged to speak
2. Where is the vet going?
(a) New York
(b) an undisclosed location
(c) Washington DC
3. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Clifton
(b) Brother Hambro
(c) Brother Jack
(d) Brother Westrum
4. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
5. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) his naive outlook on life
(b) the memory of Mr. Norton
(c) a desire for revenge
(d) an urgency to find a job
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does the narrator accept for the time period that will be needed to clear the charges against him?
2. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
3. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
4. Why was Brother Tarp on a chain gang?
5. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)