|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) his vision
(d) the girl in his dream
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(b) The white residents simply ignore him.
(c) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(d) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(b) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(c) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
4. Who else is on the bus to New York?
(a) Mr. Trueblood
(b) no one
(c) another student
(d) the veteran doctor
5. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people don't understand him
(b) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(c) people subconsciously ignore him
(d) people can't see him
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the dolls that are being sold by Clifton?
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
3. When was the introduction of the novel written?
4. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)