|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, ironically, makes the narrator's white bosses distrustful of him?
(a) his attitude
(b) his color
(c) his background and education
(d) his lack of experience
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(b) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(c) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(d) The white residents simply ignore him.
3. What kind of day is it on the day of Clifton's funeral?
(a) warm and exhilarating
(b) Hot and humid
(c) Cold and rainy
(d) Cold and windy
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
(a) He fears there may not be any jobs after all.
(b) He fears a conspiracy.
(c) He thinks no one is seeing the letters he submitted.
(d) He thinks the secretaries are not telling him the truth.
5. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) to Mr. Norton
(b) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
(c) New York
(d) back to the dormatory
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
3. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
4. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
5. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)