|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brockway hostile toward the narrator?
(a) He thinks the narrator is there to take his job.
(b) The narrator approaches him with a bad attitude.
(c) The narrator has difficulty following instructions.
(d) He has heard of the narrator's mistake.
2. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
(a) The union went to bat for him.
(b) No one else would take the job
(c) All the paint went bad
(d) The other workers went on strike
3. What does the narrator spontaneously decide to buy?
(a) a new suit
(b) a newspaper in hopes that it will explain recent events
(c) a black dancing doll
(d) a pair of new shoes
4. Why is the narrator offended by the man behind the drugstore counter?
(a) The man assumes will order the special of pork chops, grits, one egg, biscuits, and coffee.
(b) The man overcharges him.
(c) The man wants to see his money before serving him.
(d) The man does not give him what he orders.
5. What does Brother Tod Clifton do?
(a) He is a black nationalist
(b) He is a fanatic ideologies who teaches newcomers.
(c) lead the youth of the Brotherhood
(d) He is a minister
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
2. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
3. The narrator's anger is primarily focuses against
4. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
5. Why is Brother Westrum opposed to the piece of chain on the narrator's desk?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)