|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) The man was preaching nonsense.
(b) The man greeted him with hostility.
(c) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
(d) The man insulted him.
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(b) people can't see him
(c) people don't understand him
(d) people subconsciously ignore him
3. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(c) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(d) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
4. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
(a) black people
(b) rich people
(c) white people
(d) white, upper-class males
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to stay around.
(b) The college wants him to leave.
(c) He receives charity from the whites.
(d) Other men have done the same thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
2. What time of day does Brother Jack meet the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 17
3. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
4. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
5. Why does the narrator run after making his speech on behalf of the elderly couple?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)