|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the black men carry?
(b) pouches strapped to their wrists
(c) brief cases
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) He receives charity from the whites.
(b) The college wants him to leave.
(c) Other men have done the same thing.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
3. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
(a) He had at first refused the offer to dance with her.
(b) The veteran doctor had predicted that the narrator would dance with a white woman.
(c) He is the only black man she dances with at the party.
(d) She is the first white woman he ever danced with.
4. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Mr. Trueblood's car
(b) Mr. Norton's car
(c) The veteran doctor
(d) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
5. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
(a) His grandfather on his death bed
(b) the Battle Royal
(c) Mr. Trueblood's two pregnant women
(d) His mother hanging out the wash
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
2. Why is the narrator unable to see his audience when he gives his speech at the arena?
3. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
4. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
5. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)