|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(b) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
(c) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
(d) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
2. What does the figurine symbolize?
3. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) sing a spiritual
(b) give a speech
(c) sign a commitment
4. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(b) It is in a basement
(c) It is a white apartment house
(d) It is free
5. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(a) Carrying blueprints
(b) carrying a suitcase
(d) leading a dog
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want to do in Chapter 12?
2. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
3. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)