|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) returning to the states
(b) saving a life
(c) getting drunk
(d) failing to fulfil his duty
2. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
3. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
(a) The narrator used science and rationalization instead of real feeling
(b) The logical arguments were faulty
(c) It was too cold and general
(d) It was too emotional
4. What does the narrator purchase in Chapter 13 that reminds him of home?
(a) a newspaper
(b) a yam
(c) a picture
(d) pork sausage and grits
5. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
(b) They have taken all the narrator's money.
(c) They have damaged the narrator's personality
(d) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the elderly couple want to do that the marshals deny them?
2. What does the man in Emerson's office imply after reading the letter given him by the narrator?
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
4. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
5. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)