|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
(a) Defy people like Norton
(b) Stay away from people like Mr. Norton
(c) Watch for opportunities to get close to people like Norton
(d) Find ways to manipulate people like Norton
2. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(c) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(d) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
(a) being punished
(b) being kicked out of school
(c) acting like a fool
(d) pride and dignity
5. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) She needs the company
(b) To take care of him
(c) To take advantage of him
(d) She is in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator offended by the man behind the drugstore counter?
2. Why does the narrator feel disillusioned when looking at the picture of the Founder?
3. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
4. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
5. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)