|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) returning to the states
(b) failing to fulfil his duty
(c) getting drunk
(d) saving a life
2. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
(a) Mr. Emerson's secretary
(b) Mr. Emerson's son
(c) an unnamed individual
(d) Mr. Emerson's assistant
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to stay around.
(b) The college wants him to leave.
(c) He receives charity from the whites.
(d) Other men have done the same thing.
4. Why does the narrator try to hide the figurine from Mary?
(a) Because he wants to take it to the Brotherhood
(b) Because he has broken it
(c) Because he is trying to steal it
(d) Because he thinks it is unworthy of her
5. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
(a) Mr. Trueblood's two pregnant women
(b) His mother hanging out the wash
(c) His grandfather on his death bed
(d) the Battle Royal
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
2. What is the symbolic association of the arena in Chapter 16?
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
4. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
5. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)