|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does Mary make regarding the source of the $100 given to her by the narrator?
(a) That he was selling drugs
(b) That he got it by playing the lottery
(c) That he earned it through employment
(d) That the Brotherhood gave it to him.
2. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for fair employment
(b) The right to fight
(c) The right for education
(d) Their freedoms
3. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
(b) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
(c) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
(d) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
4. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
(a) motivation to keep going
(b) money to live on
(c) A sense of direction
(d) his interest in returning to college
5. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
3. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
4. What does the figurine symbolize?
5. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)