|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
(a) As an enemy
(b) As an unpredictable element
(c) As a role model.
(d) As a protector
2. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
(b) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(c) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
(d) No one has ever given him responsibility
3. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) a message from Mr. Norton
(b) the sight of other black people
(c) the letters he carries
(d) a Gideon Bible
4. What bit of advice from the young Mr. Emerson does the narrator actually heed?
(a) to return to the college
(b) to forget about Mr. Bledsoe
(c) to call Liberty Paints and ask for a job
(d) to realize that he has no identity
5. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To a statue
(b) To a chapel
(c) To the college
(d) To a mental institution
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
2. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
4. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
5. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)