|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, ironically, makes the narrator's white bosses distrustful of him?
(a) his attitude
(b) his color
(c) his background and education
(d) his lack of experience
2. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is in a basement
(b) It is free
(c) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(d) It is a white apartment house
3. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
(a) Merchant Marines
4. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) remain quietly in New York
(b) get a high paying position in the city
(c) become a teacher
(d) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
5. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals all things
(b) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(c) Truth is destined to come forth
(d) The light reveals the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator feel disillusioned when looking at the picture of the Founder?
2. What awakens the narrator in Chapter 15?
3. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
4. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)