|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(b) A lecture on morality
(c) A hundred dollar bill
2. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) idealists and cowards
(b) dreamer and cowards
(c) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(d) lazy people and cowards
3. What vision comes to the narrator's mind when he sees the elderly couple being evicted?
(a) Mr. Trueblood's two pregnant women
(b) His grandfather on his death bed
(c) the Battle Royal
(d) His mother hanging out the wash
4. Why does the narrator run after making his speech on behalf of the elderly couple?
(a) He sees the police coming and thinks they are after him.
(b) He doesn't want to be confronted for making a speech.
(c) A white girl tells him to run, and he obeys even though he isn't exactly sure why.
(d) He thinks the crowd is after him.
5. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
(a) It convinces him that history cannot be changed.
(b) It shows him that history is a part of the present
(c) It convinces him that history will be repeated
(d) It reveals the futility of fighting agains the majority.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the audience react to the narrator's speech?
2. Brother Jack wants the narrator to avoid underestimating what?
3. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
4. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)