|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
(a) He is too highly educated for the job
(b) He is the only black person on the job
(c) He doesn't understand or fit in the blue-collar/union world
(d) He is not correctly educated for the job
2. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He considers himself a coward.
(b) He considers himself a traitor.
(c) He is proud of his choices.
(d) He considers himself a victim
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(b) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(c) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
4. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
(a) As an enemy
(b) As a protector
(c) As an unpredictable element
(d) As a role model.
5. What unexpected sight does the narrator see in New York?
(a) many black people
(b) half-naked white women
(c) people from many nationalities
(d) many policemen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
2. The narrator's anger is primarily focuses against
3. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
5. Whose words does the narrator contemplate as proof that he can have two identities and still be successful?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)