|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) an educated fool
(b) a traitor
(c) a slave
(d) a liar
2. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) Intellectual vision that is defective
(b) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(c) The vision of those in power.
(d) The eye of God
3. What time of day does Brother Jack meet the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 17
(a) early in the morning
(c) 5:00 PM
4. What does the man in Emerson's office imply after reading the letter given him by the narrator?
(a) That that narrator has already seen Mr. Emerson.
(b) That the narrator is in fact someone else.
(c) That Mr. Emerson is the wrong person to help the narrator.
(d) That the narrator wrote the letters himself
5. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He considers himself a traitor.
(b) He is proud of his choices.
(c) He considers himself a victim
(d) He considers himself a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
2. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
3. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
5. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)