|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for education
(b) Their freedoms
(c) The right for fair employment
(d) The right to fight
2. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
3. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) 30 years after the text itself
(b) Immediately after finishing the story.
(c) Before the text of the story
(d) Sporadically during the writing of the story
4. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a traitor
(b) a slave
(c) a liar
(d) an educated fool
5. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) Black people
(b) Those of their own party
(c) White people
(d) all people
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator unable to see his audience when he gives his speech at the arena?
2. Which of the following two concepts, in combination, does Ellison see as a "raft of hope."
3. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
5. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)