|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
(a) Use it to create equality for black people
(b) Use it to restore those who have been dispossessed
(c) Use it as a means to get even with Bledsoe
(d) Use it to achieve power for himself
2. Why does the narrator run after making his speech on behalf of the elderly couple?
(a) He doesn't want to be confronted for making a speech.
(b) He sees the police coming and thinks they are after him.
(c) A white girl tells him to run, and he obeys even though he isn't exactly sure why.
(d) He thinks the crowd is after him.
3. Why is the narrator unable to see his audience when he gives his speech at the arena?
(a) The auditorium is too dim.
(b) He has to speak from behind a curtain.
(c) He is blinded by lights
(d) They are too far away.
4. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Immediately after finishing the story.
(b) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(c) 30 years after the text itself
(d) Before the text of the story
5. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The eye of God
(b) The vision of those in power.
(c) Intellectual vision that is defective
(d) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator try to hide the figurine from Mary?
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
3. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
4. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
5. Where is the vet going?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)