|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He pays the vet a bribe.
(b) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
(c) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(d) He claims to be someone of importance.
2. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
(a) All the paint went bad
(b) No one else would take the job
(c) The other workers went on strike
(d) The union went to bat for him.
3. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) the memory of Mr. Norton
(b) his naive outlook on life
(c) a desire for revenge
(d) an urgency to find a job
4. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
(a) mind control implants
(b) a prefrontal lobotomy
(c) both castration and a lobotomy
5. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) get a high paying position in the city
(b) remain quietly in New York
(c) become a teacher
(d) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
2. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
3. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
4. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
5. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)