|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
(b) become a teacher
(c) remain quietly in New York
(d) get a high paying position in the city
2. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
(a) a snake
(b) a toy bull terrior
(c) a wolf
(d) a bull dog
3. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
(a) Stay away from people like Mr. Norton
(b) Defy people like Norton
(c) Find ways to manipulate people like Norton
(d) Watch for opportunities to get close to people like Norton
4. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
(a) Use it to achieve power for himself
(b) Use it as a means to get even with Bledsoe
(c) Use it to create equality for black people
(d) Use it to restore those who have been dispossessed
5. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
(a) His identity
(b) His job.
(c) The respect Mr. Bledsoe has for him.
(d) His scholarship
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit of advice from the young Mr. Emerson does the narrator actually heed?
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
3. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
4. What does the narrator want to do in Chapter 12?
5. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)