|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(b) carrying a suitcase
(c) leading a dog
(d) Carrying blueprints
2. What do the elderly couple want to do that the marshals deny them?
(a) Remain in their apartment
(b) Give their belongings to people in the crowd
(c) Return to the apartment for a last prayer
(d) Return to the apartment for something they forgot
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) the girl in his dream
(d) his vision
4. Why is Brockway hostile toward the narrator?
(a) The narrator has difficulty following instructions.
(b) The narrator approaches him with a bad attitude.
(c) He has heard of the narrator's mistake.
(d) He thinks the narrator is there to take his job.
5. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) dreamer and cowards
(b) lazy people and cowards
(c) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(d) idealists and cowards
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
2. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
3. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
4. Who else is on the bus to New York?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)