|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(b) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(c) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(d) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
2. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
(b) They have damaged the narrator's personality
(c) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
(d) They have taken all the narrator's money.
3. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
(a) As a role model.
(b) As an enemy
(c) As an unpredictable element
(d) As a protector
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
5. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) The man was preaching nonsense.
(b) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
(c) The man insulted him.
(d) The man greeted him with hostility.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's anger is primarily focuses against
2. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
3. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
4. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
5. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)