|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) the memory of Mr. Norton
(b) a desire for revenge
(c) an urgency to find a job
(d) his naive outlook on life
2. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(b) keeping his position
(c) getting even
(d) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
3. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(b) His wife forced him into it.
(c) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(d) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
4. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) returning to the states
(b) saving a life
(c) getting drunk
(d) failing to fulfil his duty
5. What time of day does Brother Jack meet the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 17
(c) early in the morning
(d) 5:00 PM
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
2. How is the paint symbolic?
3. What does the narrator purchase in Chapter 13 that reminds him of home?
4. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
5. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)