|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) get a high paying position in the city
(b) become a teacher
(c) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
(d) remain quietly in New York
2. What does Brother Tod Clifton do?
(a) He is a black nationalist
(b) He is a minister
(c) He is a fanatic ideologies who teaches newcomers.
(d) lead the youth of the Brotherhood
3. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(b) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(c) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(d) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
4. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for fair employment
(b) The right for education
(c) Their freedoms
(d) The right to fight
5. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
3. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
4. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
5. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)