|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) returning to the states
(b) saving a life
(c) failing to fulfil his duty
(d) getting drunk
2. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A hundred dollar bill
(c) A lecture on morality
(d) A bottle of whiskey
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) a vison induced by marijuana
(b) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(c) something that happened to the narrator's father
(d) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
4. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is not in.
(b) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
(c) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(d) The secretary will not admit him.
5. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) An African American author
(b) An African American pilot
(c) A slave
(d) A sharecropper
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
2. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
3. Where was the novel written?
4. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
5. Who else is on the bus to New York?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)