|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
(a) As an enemy
(b) As a role model.
(c) As an unpredictable element
(d) As a protector
2. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
(a) The character has deliberately denied his true place in society.
(b) There are so many people like the hero that no one notices them.
(c) The character does not understand the truth of his situation.
(d) Whites are morally blind to the checks and balances imposed on the African Americans.
3. What do some of the black men carry?
(a) pouches strapped to their wrists
(b) brief cases
4. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is free
(b) It is in a basement
(c) It is a white apartment house
(d) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
5. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
2. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
3. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
4. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
5. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)