|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
(a) Defy people like Norton
(b) Stay away from people like Mr. Norton
(c) Find ways to manipulate people like Norton
(d) Watch for opportunities to get close to people like Norton
2. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was easily confused.
(b) He was too bold.
(c) He was naive.
(d) He was cowardly.
3. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) a message from Mr. Norton
(b) the letters he carries
(c) the sight of other black people
(d) a Gideon Bible
4. How is the paint symbolic?
(a) It symbolizes society's ability to cover evils
(b) It is white, reminding the narrator of the slogan, Keep America Pure with Liberty Paints.
(c) It symbolizes purity and correctness
(d) It symbolizes work and success
5. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right to fight
(b) The right for education
(c) The right for fair employment
(d) Their freedoms
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the introduction of the novel written?
2. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
3. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
4. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
5. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)