|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
(b) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
(c) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
(d) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
2. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) a vison induced by marijuana
(b) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(c) something that happened to the narrator's father
(d) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
3. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
(a) black people
(b) rich people
(c) white, upper-class males
(d) white people
4. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
(a) All the paint went bad
(b) No one else would take the job
(c) The other workers went on strike
(d) The union went to bat for him.
5. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
(a) As an unpredictable element
(b) As an enemy
(c) As a protector
(d) As a role model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
2. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
4. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
5. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)