|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
(a) He uses the wrong tank of paint
(b) He adds paint remover instead of the pigment to the paint
(c) He adds too much pigment to the paint
(d) He does not paint the sample correctly.
2. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(d) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
3. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(b) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(c) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(d) They enter the chapel joyfully.
4. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(b) His wife forced him into it.
(c) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(d) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
5. Why is Brockway hostile toward the narrator?
(a) The narrator has difficulty following instructions.
(b) He has heard of the narrator's mistake.
(c) The narrator approaches him with a bad attitude.
(d) He thinks the narrator is there to take his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
2. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
3. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
5. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)