|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are amused
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They are fascinated.
2. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) back to the dormatory
(b) New York
(c) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
(d) to Mr. Norton
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(b) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(c) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
4. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) An African American author
(b) An African American pilot
(c) A slave
(d) A sharecropper
5. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a traitor
(b) an educated fool
(c) a liar
(d) a slave
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
2. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
3. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
4. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
5. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)