|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
(a) His job.
(b) The respect Mr. Bledsoe has for him.
(c) His scholarship
(d) His identity
2. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
(a) Lower class (poor white men)
(b) Educators (professors, scientists)
(c) Middle upper class (supervisors, lawyers, bankers, etc)
(d) Leaders (governors, politicians)
3. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of treating the blacks unfairly
(b) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
(c) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
(d) Of practicing racial prejudice
4. What do some of the black men carry?
(a) pouches strapped to their wrists
(c) brief cases
5. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(a) getting even
(b) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
(c) keeping his position
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
2. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
3. Why is Brockway hostile toward the narrator?
4. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
5. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)