|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Mr. Norton's car
(b) The veteran doctor
(c) Mr. Trueblood's car
(d) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
2. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(a) a cigar
(d) a beating
3. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(b) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(c) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(d) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) He receives charity from the whites.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
2. What bit of advice from the young Mr. Emerson does the narrator actually heed?
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. What unexpected sight does the narrator see in New York?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)