|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is on the bus to New York?
(a) Mr. Trueblood
(b) another student
(c) no one
(d) the veteran doctor
2. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) unwillingness to face the truth
(b) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(c) invisible nature in relation to white people
(d) lack of knowledge about himself
3. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
(a) He is the only black person on the job
(b) He is not correctly educated for the job
(c) He is too highly educated for the job
(d) He doesn't understand or fit in the blue-collar/union world
4. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A sharecropper
(b) An African American pilot
(c) An African American author
(d) A slave
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(b) They didn't believe his story.
(c) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(d) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
3. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
4. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
5. Where is the vet going?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)