|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(b) keeping his position
(c) getting even
(d) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
2. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is in a basement
(d) It is free
3. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
(b) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
(c) Of treating the blacks unfairly
(d) Of practicing racial prejudice
4. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The eye of God
(b) Intellectual vision that is defective
(c) The vision of those in power.
(d) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
5. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was cowardly.
(b) He was too bold.
(c) He was naive.
(d) He was easily confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
2. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
3. Where was the novel written?
4. What mistake does the narrator make at Liberty Paints?
5. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)