|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
(a) It shows him that history is a part of the present
(b) It convinces him that history cannot be changed.
(c) It reveals the futility of fighting agains the majority.
(d) It convinces him that history will be repeated
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
3. What does the man in Emerson's office imply after reading the letter given him by the narrator?
(a) That the narrator wrote the letters himself
(b) That that narrator has already seen Mr. Emerson.
(c) That the narrator is in fact someone else.
(d) That Mr. Emerson is the wrong person to help the narrator.
4. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals the truth
(b) Truth is destined to come forth
(c) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(d) The light reveals all things
5. According to Mr. Brockway, what happened when the company tried to replace him?
(a) No one else would take the job
(b) The union went to bat for him.
(c) All the paint went bad
(d) The other workers went on strike
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
2. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
3. Why is Brockway hostile toward the narrator?
4. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)