|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the vet going?
(a) New York
(b) Washington DC
(c) an undisclosed location
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(b) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(c) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(d) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
3. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
4. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
(b) get a high paying position in the city
(c) become a teacher
(d) remain quietly in New York
5. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Mr. Norton's car
(b) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
(c) The veteran doctor
(d) Mr. Trueblood's car
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
2. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
4. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
5. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)