|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unexpected sight does the narrator see in New York?
(a) many policemen
(b) half-naked white women
(c) people from many nationalities
(d) many black people
2. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will not become another casualty
(b) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
(c) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
(d) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
3. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) His wife forced him into it.
(b) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(c) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
(d) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
4. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was cowardly.
(b) He was naive.
(c) He was easily confused.
(d) He was too bold.
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A hundred dollar bill
(c) A lecture on morality
(d) A bottle of whiskey
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
2. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
3. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
4. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
5. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)