|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
(b) Of treating the blacks unfairly
(c) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
(d) Of practicing racial prejudice
3. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
(a) Finding a way for the hero to succeed.
(b) Allowing the hero to fail
(c) Accepting the concept that nothing could really be done to change society
(d) Giving the hero sufficient depth of character
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are very nice to him.
(b) They are rude to him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They appear to be making fun of him.
5. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They are fascinated.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They are amused
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
2. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
3. When was the introduction of the novel written?
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
5. Where is the vet going?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)