|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(c) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(d) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
3. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(b) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
(c) getting even
(d) keeping his position
4. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He thought it was part of the award.
(b) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
(c) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
(d) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
5. Where was the novel written?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the introduction of the novel written?
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
3. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
4. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
5. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)