|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) saving a life
(b) getting drunk
(c) failing to fulfil his duty
(d) returning to the states
2. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to leave.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) The college wants him to stay around.
(d) He receives charity from the whites.
4. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(b) The white residents simply ignore him.
(c) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(d) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
5. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was naive.
(b) He was easily confused.
(c) He was too bold.
(d) He was cowardly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
2. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
3. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
4. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
5. What do some of the black men carry?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)