|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) The veteran doctor
(b) Mr. Norton's car
(c) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
(d) Mr. Trueblood's car
2. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(a) his vision
(c) the girl in his dream
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(b) something that happened to the narrator's father
(c) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(d) a vison induced by marijuana
4. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) No one has ever given him responsibility
(b) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
(c) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(d) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
5. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(b) His wife forced him into it.
(c) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(d) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
2. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
3. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
5. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)