|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the vet going?
(a) an undisclosed location
(c) New York
(d) Washington DC
2. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(b) The secretary will not admit him.
(c) Mr. Bates is not in.
(d) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
3. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
(b) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(c) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
(d) No one has ever given him responsibility
4. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(d) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
5. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) unwillingness to face the truth
(b) invisible nature in relation to white people
(c) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(d) lack of knowledge about himself
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
2. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
3. When was the introduction of the novel written?
4. What does the moon symbolize?
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)