|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
(a) Watch for opportunities to get close to people like Norton
(b) Stay away from people like Mr. Norton
(c) Defy people like Norton
(d) Find ways to manipulate people like Norton
2. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(a) the girl in his dream
(d) his vision
3. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) The white residents simply ignore him.
(b) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(c) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(d) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
4. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
5. Which of the following two concepts, in combination, does Ellison see as a "raft of hope."
(a) compassion and equality
(b) art and democracy
(c) equality and art
(d) democracy and truth
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
2. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
3. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
4. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)