|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He considers himself a victim
(b) He considers himself a coward.
(c) He considers himself a traitor.
(d) He is proud of his choices.
3. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
(b) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
(c) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(d) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
4. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) Intellectual vision that is defective
(b) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(c) The vision of those in power.
(d) The eye of God
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(b) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(c) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(d) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
Short Answer Questions
1. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
2. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
3. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
4. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
5. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)