|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the vet going?
(a) Washington DC
(b) New York
(c) an undisclosed location
2. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(b) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
(c) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
(d) So the narrator will not become another casualty
3. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(b) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(c) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(d) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
4. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for education
(b) The right for fair employment
(c) The right to fight
(d) Their freedoms
5. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(b) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
(c) getting even
(d) keeping his position
Short Answer Questions
1. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
2. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
3. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
4. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)