|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(b) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(c) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
(d) His wife forced him into it.
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) He receives charity from the whites.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
3. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
(a) He says the trip was the narrator's idea.
(b) He has no explanation.
(c) He claims the narrator took advantage of his (Norton's) illness
(d) He says the narrator was not responsible.
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) something that happened to the narrator's father
(b) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(c) a vison induced by marijuana
(d) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
5. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(b) It is free
(c) It is a white apartment house
(d) It is in a basement
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
2. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
3. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
4. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
5. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)