|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
(a) Middle upper class (supervisors, lawyers, bankers, etc)
(b) Educators (professors, scientists)
(c) Lower class (poor white men)
(d) Leaders (governors, politicians)
2. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
(a) Accepting the concept that nothing could really be done to change society
(b) Finding a way for the hero to succeed.
(c) Allowing the hero to fail
(d) Giving the hero sufficient depth of character
3. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They are fascinated.
(d) They are amused
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
5. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is free
(b) It is in a basement
(c) It is a white apartment house
(d) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
Short Answer Questions
1. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
2. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
3. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
4. Which of the following two concepts, in combination, does Ellison see as a "raft of hope."
5. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)