|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) lack of knowledge about himself
(b) unwillingness to face the truth
(c) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(d) invisible nature in relation to white people
2. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(b) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
(c) So the narrator will not become another casualty
(d) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
3. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
(a) That he is doomed to failure
(b) That the white men are trying to destroy him
(c) That he is invisible
(d) That he should not be afraid of white men
4. What do some of the black men carry?
(b) pouches strapped to their wrists
(c) brief cases
5. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(b) He pays the vet a bribe.
(c) He claims to be someone of importance.
(d) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
2. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
3. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)