|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals the truth
(b) Truth is destined to come forth
(c) The light reveals all things
(d) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(b) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(c) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(d) The white residents simply ignore him.
3. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
(a) rich people
(b) black people
(c) white, upper-class males
(d) white people
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
5. According to the vet, what does a white woman symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
3. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
4. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
5. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)