|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) No one has ever given him responsibility
(b) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(c) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
(d) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people subconsciously ignore him
(b) people can't see him
(c) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(d) people don't understand him
3. Where was the novel written?
(c) New York
4. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(b) The car was out of gas.
(c) He thought he could get medical help there
(d) Mr. Norton was driving
5. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of treating the blacks unfairly
(b) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
(c) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
(d) Of practicing racial prejudice
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
2. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
5. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)