|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
(a) being kicked out of school
(b) pride and dignity
(c) acting like a fool
(d) being punished
2. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
(a) It convinces him that history will be repeated
(b) It shows him that history is a part of the present
(c) It convinces him that history cannot be changed.
(d) It reveals the futility of fighting agains the majority.
3. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Immediately after finishing the story.
(b) Before the text of the story
(c) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(d) 30 years after the text itself
4. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals the truth
(b) Truth is destined to come forth
(c) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(d) The light reveals all things
5. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(a) getting even
(b) keeping his position
(c) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
2. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
3. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
4. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
5. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)