|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
(b) He thought it was part of the award.
(c) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
(d) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are rude to him.
(b) They appear to be making fun of him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They are very nice to him.
3. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(b) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(c) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(d) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
4. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) The car was out of gas.
(b) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(c) Mr. Norton was driving
(d) He thought he could get medical help there
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was a guest lecturer
(b) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(c) He was a special singer at the college.
(d) He was an employee of the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
2. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
5. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)