|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(c) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(d) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
2. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) the sight of other black people
(b) a Gideon Bible
(c) the letters he carries
(d) a message from Mr. Norton
3. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
(b) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(c) He pays the vet a bribe.
(d) He claims to be someone of importance.
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
(a) He thinks the secretaries are not telling him the truth.
(b) He fears a conspiracy.
(c) He fears there may not be any jobs after all.
(d) He thinks no one is seeing the letters he submitted.
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to leave.
(b) He receives charity from the whites.
(c) Other men have done the same thing.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
3. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
4. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)