|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(b) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(c) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(d) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
2. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
(a) He has no explanation.
(b) He says the narrator was not responsible.
(c) He says the trip was the narrator's idea.
(d) He claims the narrator took advantage of his (Norton's) illness
3. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(a) getting even
(b) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
(c) keeping his position
4. Where was the novel written?
(d) New York
5. According to the vet, who controls "things"?
(a) rich people
(b) white people
(c) black people
(d) white, upper-class males
Short Answer Questions
1. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
2. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
3. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
4. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)