|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The eye of God
(b) The vision of those in power.
(c) Intellectual vision that is defective
(d) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
2. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was too bold.
(b) He was cowardly.
(c) He was easily confused.
(d) He was naive.
3. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
(a) pride and dignity
(b) being punished
(c) acting like a fool
(d) being kicked out of school
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are rude to him.
(b) They are very nice to him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They appear to be making fun of him.
5. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) The car was out of gas.
(b) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(c) Mr. Norton was driving
(d) He thought he could get medical help there
Short Answer Questions
1. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
2. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
3. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
4. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
5. What unexpected sight does the narrator see in New York?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)