|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
(a) He says the trip was the narrator's idea.
(b) He has no explanation.
(c) He claims the narrator took advantage of his (Norton's) illness
(d) He says the narrator was not responsible.
2. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(d) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
3. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To a chapel
(b) To a mental institution
(c) To the college
(d) To a statue
4. Why does the narrator feel disillusioned when looking at the picture of the Founder?
(a) He realizes that Bledsoe is going to abuse his power.
(b) He realizes that he really has no hope of obtaining any power.
(c) He realizes that Mr. Norton is the one with the power.
(d) He understands that Mr. Norton is going to expel him.
5. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) failing to fulfil his duty
(b) saving a life
(c) returning to the states
(d) getting drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
2. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
3. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
4. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
5. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)