|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are fascinated.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They are amused
(d) They are embarrassed.
2. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
(a) being punished
(b) acting like a fool
(c) pride and dignity
(d) being kicked out of school
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to leave.
(b) He receives charity from the whites.
(c) Other men have done the same thing.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
4. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(b) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(c) His wife forced him into it.
(d) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
5. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was cowardly.
(b) He was too bold.
(c) He was easily confused.
(d) He was naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
2. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
3. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
5. What is the vet's final advice to the narrator?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)