|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
(a) Leaders (governors, politicians)
(b) Educators (professors, scientists)
(c) Middle upper class (supervisors, lawyers, bankers, etc)
(d) Lower class (poor white men)
2. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is a white apartment house
(b) It is free
(c) It is in a basement
(d) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) a vison induced by marijuana
(b) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(c) something that happened to the narrator's father
(d) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
4. Where is the vet going?
(a) Washington DC
(b) an undisclosed location
(d) New York
5. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was cowardly.
(b) He was too bold.
(c) He was easily confused.
(d) He was naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
3. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
4. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)