|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following two concepts, in combination, does Ellison see as a "raft of hope."
(a) art and democracy
(b) equality and art
(c) compassion and equality
(d) democracy and truth
2. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A lecture on morality
(b) A bottle of whiskey
(d) A hundred dollar bill
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) lazy people and cowards
(b) dreamer and cowards
(c) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(d) idealists and cowards
4. Why does the narrator feel disillusioned when looking at the picture of the Founder?
(a) He realizes that Bledsoe is going to abuse his power.
(b) He realizes that he really has no hope of obtaining any power.
(c) He realizes that Mr. Norton is the one with the power.
(d) He understands that Mr. Norton is going to expel him.
5. Where is the vet going?
(a) Washington DC
(b) New York
(c) an undisclosed location
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
3. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
4. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
5. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)