|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) The veteran doctor
(b) Mr. Trueblood's car
(c) Mr. Norton's car
(d) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
2. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for education
(b) Their freedoms
(c) The right to fight
(d) The right for fair employment
3. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(b) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(d) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A lecture on morality
(d) A hundred dollar bill
5. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
2. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
3. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
4. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
5. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)