|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
(a) He claims the narrator took advantage of his (Norton's) illness
(b) He says the trip was the narrator's idea.
(c) He says the narrator was not responsible.
(d) He has no explanation.
2. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
(a) His scholarship
(b) The respect Mr. Bledsoe has for him.
(c) His identity
(d) His job.
3. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
(a) That he is invisible
(b) That he is doomed to failure
(c) That the white men are trying to destroy him
(d) That he should not be afraid of white men
4. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(a) the girl in his dream
(c) his vision
5. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(b) national poverty
(c) racial tension
(d) problems associated with war
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
2. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
3. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
4. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
5. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)