|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(b) He pays the vet a bribe.
(c) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
(d) He claims to be someone of importance.
2. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals the truth
(b) The light reveals all things
(c) Truth is destined to come forth
(d) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
3. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
(a) Merchant Marines
4. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(b) The eye of God
(c) Intellectual vision that is defective
(d) The vision of those in power.
5. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
(b) Racial pride
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
3. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
4. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
5. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)