|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Before the text of the story
(b) 30 years after the text itself
(c) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(d) Immediately after finishing the story.
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people don't understand him
(b) people subconsciously ignore him
(c) people can't see him
(d) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
3. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of practicing racial prejudice
(b) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
(c) Of treating the blacks unfairly
(d) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
4. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) An African American pilot
(b) A sharecropper
(c) A slave
(d) An African American author
5. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
(b) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
(c) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
(d) He thought it was part of the award.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
2. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
3. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
4. Which of the following two concepts, in combination, does Ellison see as a "raft of hope."
5. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)