|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to stay around.
(b) He receives charity from the whites.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) Other men have done the same thing.
2. Why does Mr. Bledsoe compose his face into a bland mask?
(a) He wants to see Mr. Norton's reaction before revealing his own feelings.
(b) He wants to hide the fact that he is angry with Mr. Norton.
(c) He doesn't want Mr. Norton to know he is angry with the narrator.
(d) He doesn't want the narrator to realize how upset he is.
3. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
(d) Merchant Marines
4. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) An African American pilot
(b) A slave
(c) A sharecropper
(d) An African American author
5. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
(a) a TV set
(b) a kitchen
(c) four more radio-phonographs
(d) a phonograph player
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
2. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
4. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
5. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)