|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was a guest lecturer
(b) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(c) He was an employee of the college.
(d) He was a special singer at the college.
2. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
(a) He says the narrator was not responsible.
(b) He has no explanation.
(c) He claims the narrator took advantage of his (Norton's) illness
(d) He says the trip was the narrator's idea.
3. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(c) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(d) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
4. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
(a) Lower class (poor white men)
(b) Educators (professors, scientists)
(c) Leaders (governors, politicians)
(d) Middle upper class (supervisors, lawyers, bankers, etc)
5. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) something that happened to the narrator's father
(b) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(c) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(d) a vison induced by marijuana
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
3. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
4. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
5. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)