|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Before the text of the story
(b) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(c) 30 years after the text itself
(d) Immediately after finishing the story.
2. How does the narrator regard Mr. Bledsoe?
(a) As an enemy
(b) As a protector
(c) As an unpredictable element
(d) As a role model.
3. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To a statue
(b) To a chapel
(c) To the college
(d) To a mental institution
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(b) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(c) something that happened to the narrator's father
(d) a vison induced by marijuana
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was an employee of the college.
(b) He was a special singer at the college.
(c) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(d) He was a guest lecturer
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
2. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
3. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
4. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)