|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is a white apartment house
(b) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(c) It is in a basement
(d) It is free
2. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(a) racial tension
(c) national poverty
(d) problems associated with war
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) his vision
(d) the girl in his dream
4. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
5. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They are amused
(d) They are fascinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
2. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
3. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
5. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)