|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) An African American author
(b) A sharecropper
(c) A slave
(d) An African American pilot
3. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals the truth
(b) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(c) Truth is destined to come forth
(d) The light reveals all things
4. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is free
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(d) It is in a basement
5. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He considers himself a victim
(b) He considers himself a traitor.
(c) He is proud of his choices.
(d) He considers himself a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
4. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
5. The narrator's pondering of his upcoming punishment is an example of what literary device?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)