|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the novel written?
(d) New York
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(b) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(c) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
(b) He thought it was part of the award.
(c) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
(d) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
5. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
(a) That he should not be afraid of white men
(b) That the white men are trying to destroy him
(c) That he is doomed to failure
(d) That he is invisible
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
3. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
4. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
5. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)