|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(b) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(c) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
2. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He claims to be someone of importance.
(b) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
(c) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(d) He pays the vet a bribe.
3. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
(c) Merchant Marines
4. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(a) a beating
(d) a cigar
5. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(a) problems associated with war
(c) national poverty
(d) racial tension
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)