|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He considers himself a coward.
(b) He considers himself a traitor.
(c) He considers himself a victim
(d) He is proud of his choices.
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(c) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(d) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
3. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people subconsciously ignore him
(b) people don't understand him
(c) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(d) people can't see him
4. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was naive.
(b) He was cowardly.
(c) He was too bold.
(d) He was easily confused.
5. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The eye of God
(b) The vision of those in power.
(c) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(d) Intellectual vision that is defective
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
2. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
4. How does Mr. Norton explain the day's events?
5. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)