|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was easily confused.
(b) He was cowardly.
(c) He was naive.
(d) He was too bold.
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(c) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(d) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
3. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
(b) Racial pride
4. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(b) He claims to be someone of importance.
(c) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
(d) He pays the vet a bribe.
5. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Before the text of the story
(b) Immediately after finishing the story.
(c) 30 years after the text itself
(d) Sporadically during the writing of the story
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
2. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
3. Where was the novel written?
4. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
5. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)