|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(c) a beating
(d) a cigar
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people don't understand him
(b) people can't see him
(c) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(d) people subconsciously ignore him
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(b) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(c) They didn't believe his story.
(d) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(b) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(c) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(d) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
(b) So the narrator will not become another casualty
(c) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(d) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
2. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
3. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
4. What is the narrator afraid of losing?
5. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)