|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are fascinated.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They are amused
2. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(b) He was a guest lecturer
(c) He was a special singer at the college.
(d) He was an employee of the college.
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(b) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(c) They didn't believe his story.
(d) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
4. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
5. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A slave
(b) An African American pilot
(c) A sharecropper
(d) An African American author
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
3. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
5. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)