|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are amused
(b) They are fascinated.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They become angry.
2. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right to fight
(b) The right for fair employment
(c) Their freedoms
(d) The right for education
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(b) idealists and cowards
(c) lazy people and cowards
(d) dreamer and cowards
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(b) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(c) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(d) They didn't believe his story.
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(b) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A hundred dollar bill
(d) A lecture on morality
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
2. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
3. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
4. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
5. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)