|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are amused
(b) They are fascinated.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They are embarrassed.
2. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) lack of knowledge about himself
(b) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(c) invisible nature in relation to white people
(d) unwillingness to face the truth
3. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) Truth is destined to come forth
(b) The light reveals the truth
(c) The light reveals all things
(d) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(b) A lecture on morality
(c) A hundred dollar bill
(d) A bottle of whiskey
5. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
(b) No one has ever given him responsibility
(c) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(d) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
2. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
3. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
4. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
5. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)