|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
2. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
(b) He thought it was part of the award.
(c) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
(d) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
3. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
(a) a phonograph player
(b) four more radio-phonographs
(c) a TV set
(d) a kitchen
4. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was too bold.
(b) He was cowardly.
(c) He was naive.
(d) He was easily confused.
5. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
(a) It shows him that history is a part of the present
(b) It convinces him that history will be repeated
(c) It convinces him that history cannot be changed.
(d) It reveals the futility of fighting agains the majority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
2. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
3. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
5. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)