|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(b) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(c) The white residents simply ignore him.
(d) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
3. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
(a) It shows him that history is a part of the present
(b) It convinces him that history cannot be changed.
(c) It reveals the futility of fighting agains the majority.
(d) It convinces him that history will be repeated
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A lecture on morality
(d) A hundred dollar bill
5. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
(b) Merchant Marines
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
3. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
4. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
5. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)