|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. How do the boys react to the naked girl?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They are fascinated.
(d) They are amused
3. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
(a) Middle upper class (supervisors, lawyers, bankers, etc)
(b) Leaders (governors, politicians)
(c) Educators (professors, scientists)
(d) Lower class (poor white men)
4. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
(a) He volunteered because it looked interesting.
(b) The people who arranged the speech planned to include him.
(c) He happened to be at the hotel to give a speech to white men.
(d) He thought it was part of the award.
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to leave.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) He receives charity from the whites.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the novel written?
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
4. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
5. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)