|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(b) people can't see him
(c) people don't understand him
(d) people subconsciously ignore him
2. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To a mental institution
(b) To the college
(c) To a chapel
(d) To a statue
3. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(a) problems associated with war
(b) national poverty
(c) racial tension
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(b) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(c) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(d) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
5. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(a) a cigar
(d) a beating
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
2. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
3. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
5. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)