|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
(a) He was easily confused.
(b) He was too bold.
(c) He was naive.
(d) He was cowardly.
2. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(a) his vision
(b) the girl in his dream
3. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) The white residents simply ignore him.
(b) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(c) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(d) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
4. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
(a) Racial pride
5. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for fair employment
(b) The right to fight
(c) The right for education
(d) Their freedoms
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
2. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
4. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
5. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)