|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(a) problems associated with war
(c) national poverty
(d) racial tension
2. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(b) Before the text of the story
(c) 30 years after the text itself
(d) Immediately after finishing the story.
3. Where was the novel written?
(d) New York
4. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To a chapel
(b) To the college
(c) To a statue
(d) To a mental institution
5. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
(a) Leaders (governors, politicians)
(b) Educators (professors, scientists)
(c) Lower class (poor white men)
(d) Middle upper class (supervisors, lawyers, bankers, etc)
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
2. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
3. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
4. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
5. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)