|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(b) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(c) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(d) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
2. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(b) racial tension
(c) national poverty
(d) problems associated with war
3. What revelation does the "Tom Show" provide for Ellison?
(a) It shows him that history is a part of the present
(b) It convinces him that history will be repeated
(c) It reveals the futility of fighting agains the majority.
(d) It convinces him that history cannot be changed.
4. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) Their freedoms
(b) The right for fair employment
(c) The right for education
(d) The right to fight
5. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) unwillingness to face the truth
(b) lack of knowledge about himself
(c) invisible nature in relation to white people
(d) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
3. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
5. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)