|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was a guest lecturer
(b) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(c) He was a special singer at the college.
(d) He was an employee of the college.
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(b) The white residents simply ignore him.
(c) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(d) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) his vision
(c) the girl in his dream
4. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(b) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(c) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(d) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
5. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A slave
(b) An African American pilot
(c) A sharecropper
(d) An African American author
Short Answer Questions
1. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
2. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
3. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
4. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
5. What does the narrator feel was his primary fault 20 years earlier?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)