|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main conflict of Ellison's original story revolves around
(a) national poverty
(c) racial tension
(d) problems associated with war
2. When was the introduction of the novel written?
(a) Before the text of the story
(b) 30 years after the text itself
(c) Sporadically during the writing of the story
(d) Immediately after finishing the story.
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(b) idealists and cowards
(c) dreamer and cowards
(d) lazy people and cowards
4. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He considers himself a coward.
(b) He is proud of his choices.
(c) He considers himself a traitor.
(d) He considers himself a victim
5. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To the college
(b) To a mental institution
(c) To a chapel
(d) To a statue
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
2. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
4. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
5. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)