|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for education
(b) Their freedoms
(c) The right for fair employment
(d) The right to fight
2. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
(a) He considers himself a victim
(b) He considers himself a traitor.
(c) He is proud of his choices.
(d) He considers himself a coward.
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A sharecropper
(b) A slave
(c) An African American author
(d) An African American pilot
4. Which of the following two concepts, in combination, does Ellison see as a "raft of hope."
(a) art and democracy
(b) compassion and equality
(c) equality and art
(d) democracy and truth
5. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is free
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is in a basement
(d) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
2. Where was the novel written?
3. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
4. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
5. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)