|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the novel written?
(d) New York
2. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A hundred dollar bill
(d) A lecture on morality
3. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
(a) There are so many people like the hero that no one notices them.
(b) Whites are morally blind to the checks and balances imposed on the African Americans.
(c) The character does not understand the truth of his situation.
(d) The character has deliberately denied his true place in society.
4. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
5. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(b) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(c) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(d) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
3. What group of society is represented by the white men at the Battle Royal?
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
5. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)