|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(b) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(c) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(d) They didn't believe his story.
3. What was the topic of the narrator's graduation day speech?
(c) Racial pride
4. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) He receives charity from the whites.
(b) The college wants him to leave.
(c) Other men have done the same thing.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
5. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A slave
(b) A sharecropper
(c) An African American pilot
(d) An African American author
Short Answer Questions
1. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
2. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
3. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
4. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
5. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)