Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(a) a cigar
(c) a beating
2. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) lack of knowledge about himself
(b) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(c) unwillingness to face the truth
(d) invisible nature in relation to white people
3. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(b) It is free
(c) It is in a basement
(d) It is a white apartment house
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are very nice to him.
(b) They are rude to him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They appear to be making fun of him.
5. What does the narrator purchase in Chapter 13 that reminds him of home?
(a) a yam
(b) a picture
(c) pork sausage and grits
(d) a newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
2. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
3. Ellison's primary struggle in writing the book was
4. Why is Brother Westrum opposed to the piece of chain on the narrator's desk?
5. Where does Brother Jack send the narrator at the end of the meeting?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)