Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is in a basement
(b) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(c) It is free
(d) It is a white apartment house
2. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(a) a cigar
(b) a beating
3. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people don't understand him
(b) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(c) people can't see him
(d) people subconsciously ignore him
4. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a slave
(b) an educated fool
(c) a traitor
(d) a liar
5. Why does the narrator have difficulty getting along on his first two jobs?
(a) He is the only black person on the job
(b) He doesn't understand or fit in the blue-collar/union world
(c) He is not correctly educated for the job
(d) He is too highly educated for the job
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
2. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
3. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
4. What object does Mary own that the narrator finds offensive?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's position within the Brotherhood?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)