Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, which of the following is important for perseverance?
2. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is in a basement
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is free
(d) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
3. Ellison himself was a member of which branch of the military?
(c) Merchant Marines
4. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(b) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(c) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(d) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
5. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is not in.
(b) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(c) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
(d) The secretary will not admit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's grandfather regard his own meekness?
2. What bit of advice from the young Mr. Emerson does the narrator actually heed?
3. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
4. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
5. What object does Mary own that the narrator finds offensive?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)