|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right to fight
(b) The right for education
(c) Their freedoms
(d) The right for fair employment
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(b) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
(c) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(d) His wife forced him into it.
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) An African American author
(b) A slave
(c) A sharecropper
(d) An African American pilot
4. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(b) people can't see him
(c) people don't understand him
(d) people subconsciously ignore him
5. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
(a) four more radio-phonographs
(b) a phonograph player
(c) a TV set
(d) a kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following two concepts, in combination, does Ellison see as a "raft of hope."
2. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
3. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
4. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
5. How did the narrator get invited to participate in the Battle Royal?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)