|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
(a) an unnamed individual
(b) Mr. Emerson's son
(c) Mr. Emerson's secretary
(d) Mr. Emerson's assistant
2. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
(a) It was too emotional
(b) The logical arguments were faulty
(c) It was too cold and general
(d) The narrator used science and rationalization instead of real feeling
3. What truth does the narrator discover about Brother Jack?
(a) He does not really believe in the Brotherhood
(b) He is a devotee of Dr. Bledsoe
(c) He is a pawn of the white people
(d) He has a glass eye
4. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
(b) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(c) Mr. Bates is not in.
(d) The secretary will not admit him.
5. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
(a) That he is invisible
(b) That the white men are trying to destroy him
(c) That he is doomed to failure
(d) That he should not be afraid of white men
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
2. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
3. Although the narrator may not realize it, he is searching for
4. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
5. What does the moon symbolize?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)