|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) It's a reminder of the south
(b) It's all she can afford
(c) She thinks it will please the narrator.
(d) The narrator has asked for it.
2. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) an insult
(b) a gesture of seduction
(c) a word of advice
(d) a compliment
3. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) his naive outlook on life
(b) the memory of Mr. Norton
(c) an urgency to find a job
(d) a desire for revenge
4. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) idealists and cowards
(b) lazy people and cowards
(c) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(d) dreamer and cowards
5. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(b) a beating
(c) a cigar
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator offended by the man behind the drugstore counter?
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
4. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)