|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) a Gideon Bible
(b) a message from Mr. Norton
(c) the letters he carries
(d) the sight of other black people
2. What is the symbolic association of the arena in Chapter 16?
(a) a famous boxer lost his sight
(b) people of both colors gather there
(c) a crooked politician had been exposed
(d) a famous black speaker was killed there
3. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) Intellectual vision that is defective
(b) The vision of those in power.
(c) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(d) The eye of God
4. How does the narrator portray himself at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) As confused and frustrated
(b) As proud and defiant
(c) As humbled and obedient
(d) As determined and bold
5. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(b) The white residents simply ignore him.
(c) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(d) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
2. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
3. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
4. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
5. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)