|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(b) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
(c) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
(d) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
2. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) the memory of Mr. Norton
(b) a desire for revenge
(c) his naive outlook on life
(d) an urgency to find a job
3. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are rude to him.
(b) They are very nice to him.
(c) They appear to be making fun of him.
(d) The hardly seem to notice him.
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) a vison induced by marijuana
(b) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(c) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(d) something that happened to the narrator's father
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was an employee of the college.
(b) He was a special singer at the college.
(c) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(d) He was a guest lecturer
Short Answer Questions
1. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
2. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
3. Brother Jack wants the narrator to avoid underestimating what?
4. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)