|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) The man was preaching nonsense.
(b) The man insulted him.
(c) The man greeted him with hostility.
(d) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
2. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(b) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
(c) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
(d) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
3. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people subconsciously ignore him
(b) people can't see him
(c) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(d) people don't understand him
4. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) No one has ever given him responsibility
(b) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
(c) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(d) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(b) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(c) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(d) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
2. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
3. Whose words does the narrator contemplate as proof that he can have two identities and still be successful?
4. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
5. What truth is revealed about the Brotherhood in Chapter 22?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)