|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) saving a life
(b) getting drunk
(c) failing to fulfil his duty
(d) returning to the states
2. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
(a) Of treating the blacks unfairly
(b) Of practicing racial prejudice
(c) Of treating the blacks like impersonal conquests
(d) Of failing to accomplish his mission for the college
3. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(b) people can't see him
(c) people subconsciously ignore him
(d) people don't understand him
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(b) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(c) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(d) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
5. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is not in.
(b) The secretary will not admit him.
(c) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
(d) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
2. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
3. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
4. Why is the narrator unable to see his audience when he gives his speech at the arena?
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)