|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
(a) The idea of a black man speaking out for white people
(b) Clifton's methods of leading the youth
(c) The narrator's street corner approach
(d) The mixing of black and white
2. What does Brother Tod Clifton do?
(a) He is a minister
(b) He is a black nationalist
(c) He is a fanatic ideologies who teaches newcomers.
(d) lead the youth of the Brotherhood
3. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(a) a cigar
(b) a beating
4. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(b) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(c) The white residents simply ignore him.
(d) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
5. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
(a) Use it to restore those who have been dispossessed
(b) Use it to achieve power for himself
(c) Use it to create equality for black people
(d) Use it as a means to get even with Bledsoe
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
2. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
3. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
4. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
5. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)