|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(b) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(c) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are very nice to him.
(b) They appear to be making fun of him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They are rude to him.
3. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
(a) Use it as a means to get even with Bledsoe
(b) Use it to create equality for black people
(c) Use it to restore those who have been dispossessed
(d) Use it to achieve power for himself
4. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) No one has ever given him responsibility
(b) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(c) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
(d) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
5. Whose words does the narrator contemplate as proof that he can have two identities and still be successful?
(a) His grandfather's words
(b) The words of Dr. Bledsoe
(c) The words of Frederick Douglass
(d) The words of Saul and Paul
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
3. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
4. What does the moon symbolize?
5. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)