|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) a message from Mr. Norton
(b) the sight of other black people
(c) the letters he carries
(d) a Gideon Bible
2. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(a) carrying a suitcase
(c) Carrying blueprints
(d) leading a dog
3. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) No one has ever given him responsibility
(b) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(c) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
(d) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
4. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will not become another casualty
(b) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
(c) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(d) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
5. What truth about the Brotherhood does the narrator realize in Chapter 20?
(a) That their efforts are unappreciated
(b) That great strides have already been made
(c) That very little has been accomplished
(d) That the Brotherhood is about to disappear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator spontaneously decide to buy?
2. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
3. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
4. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
5. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)