|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(b) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(c) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(d) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
2. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(b) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(c) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(d) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
3. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
(a) Brother Hambro
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Dr. Bledsoe
(d) The veteran doctor at the Golden Day
4. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
(a) mind control implants
(b) a prefrontal lobotomy
(d) both castration and a lobotomy
5. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) the memory of Mr. Norton
(b) a desire for revenge
(c) an urgency to find a job
(d) his naive outlook on life
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
4. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)