|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) to seduce her
(b) because she has seduced him
(c) to meet her husband
(d) to discuss ideologies
2. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
(b) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
(c) They have taken all the narrator's money.
(d) They have damaged the narrator's personality
3. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(a) carrying a suitcase
(c) leading a dog
(d) Carrying blueprints
4. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) saving a life
(b) returning to the states
(c) failing to fulfil his duty
(d) getting drunk
5. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is free
(d) It is in a basement
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
2. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
3. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
5. How does the narrator portray himself at the end of Chapter 22?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)