|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He can't remember it.
(b) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
(c) He is trying to protect himself
(d) He is too tired
2. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
(a) Mr. Emerson's assistant
(b) Mr. Emerson's secretary
(c) an unnamed individual
(d) Mr. Emerson's son
3. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people subconsciously ignore him
(b) people can't see him
(c) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
(d) people don't understand him
4. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
(a) Her husband is away
(b) the woman is single
(c) the woman is divorced
(d) her husband is dead
5. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) It's all she can afford
(b) It's a reminder of the south
(c) She thinks it will please the narrator.
(d) The narrator has asked for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
2. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
3. The narrator wants to learn everything he can about the Brotherhood in order to
4. Whose words does the narrator contemplate as proof that he can have two identities and still be successful?
5. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)