|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(a) leading a dog
(c) carrying a suitcase
(d) Carrying blueprints
2. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) back to the dormatory
(b) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
(c) New York
(d) to Mr. Norton
3. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) a desire for revenge
(b) an urgency to find a job
(c) the memory of Mr. Norton
(d) his naive outlook on life
4. What does the narrator spontaneously decide to buy?
(a) a pair of new shoes
(b) a new suit
(c) a black dancing doll
(d) a newspaper in hopes that it will explain recent events
5. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
(b) The man greeted him with hostility.
(c) The man was preaching nonsense.
(d) The man insulted him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
3. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
4. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)