|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
(a) Mr. Emerson's son
(b) an unnamed individual
(c) Mr. Emerson's assistant
(d) Mr. Emerson's secretary
2. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He is trying to protect himself
(b) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
(c) He is too tired
(d) He can't remember it.
3. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He is too indecisive
(b) He probably won't fit in with the group
(c) He isn't black enough.
(d) He has no money to contribute
4. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Clifton
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Brother Hambro
(d) Brother Westrum
5. Why is the narrator unable to see his audience when he gives his speech at the arena?
(a) He is blinded by lights
(b) They are too far away.
(c) The auditorium is too dim.
(d) He has to speak from behind a curtain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
2. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
3. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
4. What truth does the narrator discover about Brother Jack?
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)