|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
(a) an unnamed individual
(b) Mr. Emerson's secretary
(c) Mr. Emerson's assistant
(d) Mr. Emerson's son
2. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(a) carrying a suitcase
(c) leading a dog
(d) Carrying blueprints
3. What do some of the black men carry?
(a) brief cases
(d) pouches strapped to their wrists
4. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(b) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
5. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He is too tired
(b) He is trying to protect himself
(c) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
(d) He can't remember it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
3. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
5. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)