|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(b) getting even
(c) keeping his position
(d) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
2. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) No one has ever given him responsibility
(b) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(c) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
(d) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
3. What time of day does Brother Jack meet the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 17
(a) early in the morning
(c) 5:00 PM
4. Why is the narrator unable to see his audience when he gives his speech at the arena?
(a) They are too far away.
(b) He has to speak from behind a curtain.
(c) He is blinded by lights
(d) The auditorium is too dim.
5. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have damaged the narrator's personality
(b) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
(c) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
(d) They have taken all the narrator's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth does the narrator discover about Brother Jack?
2. What do some of the black men carry?
3. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
4. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)