|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) sing a spiritual
(b) give a speech
(d) sign a commitment
2. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) lazy people and cowards
(b) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(c) dreamer and cowards
(d) idealists and cowards
3. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) New York
(b) to Mr. Norton
(c) back to the dormatory
(d) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
4. In chapter 9, the narrator walks a short distance with another man. What is the man doing besides singing?
(a) Carrying blueprints
(b) leading a dog
(d) carrying a suitcase
5. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) an educated fool
(b) a slave
(c) a traitor
(d) a liar
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
3. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
4. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
5. How does the narrator react to the dolls that are being sold by Clifton?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)