|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
(a) being kicked out of school
(b) pride and dignity
(c) acting like a fool
(d) being punished
2. Brother Jack wants the narrator to avoid underestimating what?
(a) the power of the organization
(b) the size of the organization
(c) the discipline of the organization
(d) the influence of the organization
3. When the narrator goes to see Mr. Emerson, who does he actually see?
(a) Mr. Emerson's secretary
(b) an unnamed individual
(c) Mr. Emerson's assistant
(d) Mr. Emerson's son
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
(a) He thinks no one is seeing the letters he submitted.
(b) He fears a conspiracy.
(c) He fears there may not be any jobs after all.
(d) He thinks the secretaries are not telling him the truth.
5. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is in a basement
(b) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(c) It is free
(d) It is a white apartment house
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
2. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
3. How does the Brotherhood regard the dolls Clifton had been selling?
4. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
5. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)