|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
(b) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(c) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
(d) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
2. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(a) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
(b) keeping his position
(d) getting even
3. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) something that happened to the narrator's father
(b) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(c) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
(d) a vison induced by marijuana
4. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) The man greeted him with hostility.
(b) The man insulted him.
(c) The man was preaching nonsense.
(d) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
5. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(b) Mr. Norton was driving
(c) The car was out of gas.
(d) He thought he could get medical help there
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator offended by the man behind the drugstore counter?
2. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
3. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
4. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
5. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)