|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Hambro
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Brother Westrum
(d) Brother Clifton
2. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
(a) a wolf
(b) a bull dog
(c) a toy bull terrior
(d) a snake
3. What does the man in Emerson's office imply after reading the letter given him by the narrator?
(a) That the narrator is in fact someone else.
(b) That the narrator wrote the letters himself
(c) That Mr. Emerson is the wrong person to help the narrator.
(d) That that narrator has already seen Mr. Emerson.
4. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
(a) The idea of a black man speaking out for white people
(b) The narrator's street corner approach
(c) The mixing of black and white
(d) Clifton's methods of leading the youth
5. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
(b) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(c) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
(d) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
2. Where does Brother Jack send the narrator at the end of the meeting?
3. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
4. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
5. How does the narrator react to the dolls that are being sold by Clifton?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)