|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Brotherhood regard Clifton?
(a) As a traitor
(b) As a hero
(c) As a faceless member
(d) As a martyr
2. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) a gesture of seduction
(b) a word of advice
(c) a compliment
(d) an insult
3. What does the narrator tell Mr. Emerson that he wants to do with his future?
(a) get a high paying position in the city
(b) remain quietly in New York
(c) become Mr. Bledsoe's assistant
(d) become a teacher
4. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(a) getting even
(b) keeping his position
(d) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
5. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
2. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
3. What do some of the black men carry?
4. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
5. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)