|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(c) his vision
(d) the girl in his dream
2. With what animal does the narrator compare Brother Jack?
(a) a wolf
(b) a toy bull terrior
(c) a bull dog
(d) a snake
3. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals all things
(b) Truth is destined to come forth
(c) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(d) The light reveals the truth
4. What is the symbolic association of the arena in Chapter 16?
(a) a crooked politician had been exposed
(b) people of both colors gather there
(c) a famous black speaker was killed there
(d) a famous boxer lost his sight
5. The narrator becomes dizzy at the thought that true saviors might actually be where?
(a) crippled within the limits of organizations
(b) in the history books
(c) outside history
(d) disguised in the literature books
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
2. Where does Brother Jack send the narrator at the end of the meeting?
3. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
4. What truth does the narrator discover about Brother Jack?
5. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)