|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator spontaneously decide to buy?
(a) a newspaper in hopes that it will explain recent events
(b) a new suit
(c) a pair of new shoes
(d) a black dancing doll
2. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(d) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
3. How does the audience react to the narrator's speech?
(a) He is cheered
(b) They get up and leave.
(c) He is booed
(d) They sit in stunned silence
4. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
(a) He pretends he is about to run over the vet.
(b) He pays the vet a bribe.
(c) He tells him he has General Pershing in the car.
(d) He claims to be someone of importance.
5. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) failing to fulfil his duty
(b) saving a life
(c) returning to the states
(d) getting drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do certain members of the Brotherhood consider that narrator's speech unsatisfactory?
2. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
3. To what does Ras the Exhorter primarily object?
4. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)